Server Game Log - Server Stability Note for Server Admins

Drathek

There have been significant reports of server instability due to the use of server admin logging. We recommend server hosts, and admins disable this option by removing "-servergamelog" from the launch parameters until issues are resolved.

If you have been suffering from this problem on your server, we also recommend verifying the server install after the option has been removed. Verification of the server is completed by executing "app_update 376030 validate" in SteamCMD when the server is already on the latest version. For server owners that do not have direct access, simply perform a manual update of the server through your control panel when it is already on the latest version.

• Pistoling pinned this topic
  • lilpanda featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I registered on the forum to reply to this thread...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? My server was crashing very often and you're telling me that's because logging was enabled? I'm in a state of shock at the moment. How can logs cause such debilitating issues? How can I log activity in the server without using UE4 logs??? I love Ark but dammit some of these issues are just not acceptable.

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2016 at 9:52 AM, leptoon said:

I registered on the forum to reply to this thread...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? My server was crashing very often and you're telling me that's because logging was enabled? I'm in a state of shock at the moment. How can logs cause such debilitating issues? How can I log activity in the server without using UE4 logs??? I love Ark but dammit some of these issues are just not acceptable.

Look up Arkon. If you download the desktop app for Arkon and load the needed fields and have that running on your PC you will have Console and Chat logs saved form the third party application since it roots to the FTP while connected

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any

On 30.12.2015 at 6:37 PM, Drathek said:

There have been significant reports of server instability due to the use of server admin logging. We recommend server hosts, and admins disable this option by removing "-servergamelog" from the launch parameters until issues are resolved.

If you have been suffering from this problem on your server, we also recommend verifying the server install after the option has been removed. Verification of the server is completed by executing "app_update 376030 validate" in SteamCMD when the server is already on the latest version. For server owners that do not have direct access, simply perform a manual update of the server through your control panel when it is already on the latest version.

Any updates on this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, GreatApe said:

@Jat Are you or someone else able to answer this for us, this thread is ancient by Ark standards, is this problem from back in January fixed or is it still a bug?  Just a yes or no would be fine.

Cheers,

I had crash issues related to this last month, so I doubt it is fixed. However it would be nice to get a confirmation from the devs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived