Community Crunch Contests: 61

Jatheish

DirectorGunner I haven't seen a cut off date for contest entry given.  Usually the entry thread is taken down a couple of hours (roughly) before the winners are announced, and that usually seems to happen late at night on Fridays.

I think most people try to get their entries in by Friday to make sure they make the cut off, although on occasion the thread isn't pulled down until a few days later.

This last contest is a bit wacked, as last week they announced there would be a delay in judging the contest due to other commitments and we are now a full week late... so the issue of an official cut off date is a little bit in debate.

My assumption has been that the ARKitect contest has been extended for another week (this week), but that hasn't been confirmed by anyone official.

To my knowledge the Boss Fight contest has not been won, unless that proof was entered via another means (this thread isn't the only way to get entries submitted to be judged, although I am unfamiliar with them).  I'd say "Go for it", you certainly have nothing to lose.

Good luck!

• Volunteer Moderator
14 hours ago, DirectorGunner said:

When is this  ARKitect! contest over?

And has the LIMITED ONE-TIME CONTEST: The Center Boss Fight! been completed yet? If not my tribe might make a go at it... 

Usually it runs from Tuesday to Friday, however, the guys are very busy right now so there's been a bit of a delay/extension but hopefully this one will be over soon.

As for the limited one time contest, it has not yet been won, so if your tribe wants to make a go at it, then absolutely give it a shot. Just remember to capture in the video what server you are on etc.

And remember all, this is about sharing your creations and imaginations, and generally having fun. Try not to pick on other people due to their submission(s) because in the end you'll just ruin it for all involved.

• Administrator

A few things have been brought to my attention so let's shed some light on it. Time is set each week for us as a group to take a look at Crunches and Digests and work on them together. Questions for the Digest are usually collected throughout the week, so we're prepared to go through them. When the time comes to tackle it, we'll go through the entries and the Digest questions, then later that day make a post, including other relevant information and sharing what we can from the community. Unfortunately, the last two weeks - when we've gotten to our allocated time period for it, we've just had a lot of other stuff going on - primarily related to PAX which has put this, among other things on the back burner. 

We're planning on getting a crunch out tonight/tomorrow and hopefully we'll be able to get that time for a Digest too (but this one may be a little late), but aye this is why it's been a bit sloppy, and also why Digests tend to go on a bit of a pause when there's some massive-development work going on, as the people who do these posts, are also the people working on the game.

As for entries they will still be accepted up until this thread is unpinned which is when the results are close to being posted, in which we'll review any last second ones - as this contest is for fun, we aren't so strict on our deadlines :). Myself and the team are very grateful for all the entries we see each week, as well as other bits of content that the community create - we're happy to check it all out and enjoy looking at the pictures, the videos. ARK is our life, so it's great to see it become a part of others too. 

Jat and GamerPerfection, thank you very much for the clarification!

I also noted when looking over the OP of the contest that multiple entries are allowed (within reason, I'm sure), so this should clear up things for future entries into the contest.

We appreciate everything that you do to make this contest happen, and to keep it as fair and diverse as possible.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

Usually it runs from Tuesday to Friday, however, the guys are very busy right now so there's been a bit of a delay/extension but hopefully this one will be over soon.

As for the limited one time contest, it has not yet been won, so if your tribe wants to make a go at it, then absolutely give it a shot. Just remember to capture in the video what server you are on etc.

And remember all, this is about sharing your creations and imaginations, and generally having fun. Try not to pick on other people due to their submission(s) because in the end you'll just ruin it for all involved.

The last sentence, for me, is very important for all involved to remember. This community can only stay great if those in it remember to show respect to each other. This is a wonderful game full of wonderful creations and is meant to be 100% fun. These contests are an extra bonus meant to draw the community together, show the devs you are enjoying their hard work, and to share something you have a passion for.

again an amazing reaction that I have gotten quite used to from the community, modders and devs. always trying to be polite and keep the peace. but let's not beat around the bush we all know that certain individuals are spoiling this game for others.

they just seem to come here thinking they deserve to win (and only come here to win the cash) in comparison to most who see this as a creative outlet that is purely community driven and always spurred on by the love of this game.

because of some blatant copying and passing of ideas as their own I quit building and by now quit Ark all together cause I do not like vile people spoiling my fun in a game (I game to relax and not to be attacked or see my friends get bullied)

I hope the recent complaints will be heard by the devs and action will be taken to stop these individuals before they spoil anymore players fun in this still amazing game.

Me and some friends will start again in a while just playing the game, but my arkitekt days are behind me and that still kinda hurts.

But a big thank you to all players, modders and devs involved for all the support and compliments these past 7 months  

I for one, have no issues with with any posts for the contest. Everyone get the same time as anyone else to build and submit. I enjoy seeing everyone's projects and builds in ark. That is the best park of the community crunch for me and it's one of my favorite places to look for inspiration and ideas. It's just a friendly competition. I can't wait to see what everyone puts out there. 

Archived