MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

3 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Were you alive millions of years ago? No? Didn't think so. You can't just claim something is mythological because you have never seen it before. It is obviously an oversized ant-lion, which are real, it just evolved to survive on the island and prey on things much bigger than its real life counterpart. In fact almost all the creatures in this game are evolved to fit the island and their current environment. The T-rex isn't even a legit T-rex and so on. So the Bosses are Mythological, what else would you want them to be? These Mysterious Mysteries Dossiers obviously have a purpose, my theory being that they will all be added at once with the "lost" desert biome that could be an island off the south-western coast. It is a game that has not once gone against its game for EXTINCT animals, which is what all the species on the Ark are, rule since the bosses are disconnected from the normal play world and are not tamable. 

Okay, disregarding everything you said except for the first three sentences, that argument is hecking hilarious. It's essentially just the "were you there??" argument and its the kind of thing people laugh at.
Regarding everything you said, you may need a refresher on what an antlion looks like. It looks like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antlion. I don't care that the bosses are mythological. It bugs me and several others (don't worry moderators, there isn't another group chat on these forums - so you won't have to ban an entire group chat bc you got your feelings hurt again) that the dinosaur (not "dinos" like everything prehistoric is labeled as here) aspect of this game is diminishing quickly.

13 hours ago, Yutyrannus said:

Okay, disregarding everything you said except for the first three sentences, that argument is hecking hilarious. It's essentially just the "were you there??" argument and its the kind of thing people laugh at.
Regarding everything you said, you may need a refresher on what an antlion looks like. It looks like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antlion. I don't care that the bosses are mythological. It bugs me and several others (don't worry moderators, there isn't another group chat on these forums - so you won't have to ban an entire group chat bc you got your feelings hurt again) that the dinosaur (not "dinos" like everything prehistoric is labeled as here) aspect of this game is diminishing quickly.

Dude, I think you are blatantly ignoring the obvious. The fact that this game is about extinct creatures that we have no physical records of what they were besides bones and no live specimens, you can guarantee that A( we know barely anything about them and B( we never will unless we have live specimens and C( they could literally look like whatever they felt like cuz we do not know. The kind of thing people laugh at are the people who think they know everything and get on games like this and try to ruin everyone else's fun just because they get butthurt that everything isn't real and doesn't look/do what it is supposed to do, which newsflash when working with hypotheticals which all dinos and everything else we have no record of it is perfectly acceptable to have the creatures look like whatever you please. I perfectly enjoy everything added to the game, just because you don't understand what is going on in the game doesn't mean you can just belittle it for it. If you and your "several others" don't like it then don't play it, it is really simple.

Edited by UDGxKnight

15 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Dude, I think you are blatantly ignoring the obvious. The fact that this game is about extinct creatures that we have no physical records of what they were besides bones and no live specimens, you can guarantee that A( we know barely anything about them and B( we never will unless we have live specimens and C( they could literally look like whatever they felt like cuz we do not know. The kind of thing people laugh at are the people who think they know everything and get on games like this and try to ruin everyone else's fun just because they get butthurt that everything isn't real and doesn't look/do what it is supposed to do, which newsflash when working with hypotheticals which all dinos and everything else we have no record of it is perfectly acceptable to have the creatures look like whatever you please. I perfectly enjoy everything added to the game, just because you don't understand what is going on in the game doesn't mean you can just belittle it for it. If you and your "several others" don't like it then don't play it, it is really simple.

To add to that point, the only reason we depict dinosaurs as reptiles, is because some guy (can't remember his name)from a few centuries ago, dug up an enormous bone and thought it belonged to a dragon, long story short he and others found most of the rest of it and found that itdidn't have wings. So they thought it was related and named it a reptile. 

I'm not entirely sure if I got that story right, but point is we think of them as reptiles because some guy thought their bones belonged to a reptile and it stuck. Here we are centuries later still thinking the same thing. Heck dinosaurs could have been birds for all we know.

51 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

To add to that point, the only reason we depict dinosaurs as reptiles, is because some guy (can't remember his name)from a few centuries ago, dug up an enormous bone and thought it belonged to a dragon, long story short he and others found most of the rest of it and found that itdidn't have wings. So they thought it was related and named it a reptile. 

I'm not entirely sure if I got that story right, but point is we think of them as reptiles because some guy thought their bones belonged to a reptile and it stuck. Here we are centuries later still thinking the same thing. Heck dinosaurs could have been birds for all we know.

Well expanding on the bird theory, is that now we believe they all up and evolved into birds because of all the skeletal similarities and finding the "feathered" dinos. So needless to say we think we know what they were but we have to keep changing our ideas cuz we find something new. I think only recently have things started to be separated in what is hopefully the more correct way based on skeletal structure but who knows really. I think this game does a perfectly fine job with current knowledge plus acting on the freedom that they are permitted to use by making their own versions of creatures.

Long body, rough texture. Looks like some kind of mutated Arthropleura on steroïds.

One with an anger problem too.

All these little claws though make me think of a Tyranid (Warhammer 40k) or possibly a futuristic evolutionary possibility from a centipede, just kingsized.

Whatever it is I feel blessed to have build a large wall around my territory, I think I won't like it if that creature crawls under my furs...

Unless it would be able to eat stone like a lithovore, then I'm screwed.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 hours ago, DahDerpasaur said:

Wait this looks nothing like an antlion.

Why do people think it's an antlion.

it's mostly the mandibles plus being burrowed underground in the middle left picture that makes people think of an antlion. The presence of a bear trap icon only helps to fuel that idea.

6 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

it's mostly the mandibles plus being burrowed underground in the middle left picture that makes people think of an antlion. The presence of a bear trap icon only helps to fuel that idea.

Yeah but antlions have one pair of mandibles while this one has many, also a lot of things can burrow underground.

Also this looks more wormy, in terms of body shape.

On August 27, 2016 at 0:13 AM, LilNastyGurl said:

I can't even fathom what this thing is besides something they made up, looks nothing like an antlion. Hope they add another monster bug like Nephila, Dinokagana, Triatoma (giant assassin bug) Eorpa (scorpionfly), even Prodryas as their giant Moth. More tamable insects would be great.

Not hating on it.

It seems more like a sand worm .And what's the Hype about the Scorched Earth Map?