MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

Yah know what, I just had a horrible thought that the theropod in the picture that is being flipped by a Terror worm, is a giga. So I looked up a size comparison of human and giga for ark, the. Remembered that gigas have more then two fingers on each hand. Phew! That was a freaky few minutes.

Also, has anyone else noticed that there is a human jumping off of the theropods back?

2 hours ago, Rhedo said:

I do hope this is the last bug, I don't think we need any more for the bug creeps (seriously though, starting to think the devs have a bug fetish or something, there is just so many of them that can screw you over.)

Ahh, whats a desert without some creepy crawlies to keep you up at night worrying. 

Honestly, it's just the art team trying to give us nightmares that revolve around the desert biome. This one imparticular seems to be partially inspired by the Great Pit of Carkoon from Star Wars.

23 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Also I already told you that here: 

So please don't repeatedly ask the same in random threads when you've already got the answer from a previous post.

i think that it was some body els hacked my acc because i didn't ask after you replayed the first awser

sorry that this happened it will not happen again

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, soulstar said:

i think that it was some body els hacked my acc because i didn't ask after you replayed the first awser

sorry that this happened it will not happen again

No-one hacked your account, if it wasn't you then it was someone in your household that incorrectly spells the same way as you.

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, Yutyrannus said:

Not when you bought the game for prehistoric animals — since thats what it was marketed as — and theyre forcing this mythological bullpoop down your throat.

It was marketed as having primeval creatures, not necessarily dinosaurs. Besides, a touch of mythology has been around since the start, as the dragon was in the very first trailer for the game.

1 hour ago, Yutyrannus said:

Not when you bought the game for prehistoric animals — since thats what it was marketed as — and theyre forcing this mythological bullpoop down your throat.

55 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

It was marketed as having primeval creatures, not necessarily dinosaurs. Besides, a touch of mythology has been around since the start, as the dragon was in the very first trailer for the game.

Both true things. But do tell me how many reality based games with a bit of mythology have been big, compared to ones that kept it to the tee.

7 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Not at the time that I bought it. Around the time that Castoroides was added they had to change the steam description ._.

And sure - it did have a dragon, but the little screentime it got implied that there was just a touch of mythology. Look where we are now with that touch of mythology.

Edited by Yutyrannus

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Yutyrannus said:

Not at the time that I bought it. Around the time that Castoroides was added they had to change the steam description ._.

And sure - it did have a dragon, but the little screentime it got implied that there was just a touch of mythology. Look where we are now with that touch of mythology.

The description has never changed. And if it did, the fact that dodoes and coels are generation 1 creatures already breaks that notion.

11 hours ago, Yutyrannus said:

Were you alive millions of years ago? No? Didn't think so. You can't just claim something is mythological because you have never seen it before. It is obviously an oversized ant-lion, which are real, it just evolved to survive on the island and prey on things much bigger than its real life counterpart. In fact almost all the creatures in this game are evolved to fit the island and their current environment. The T-rex isn't even a legit T-rex and so on. So the Bosses are Mythological, what else would you want them to be? These Mysterious Mysteries Dossiers obviously have a purpose, my theory being that they will all be added at once with the "lost" desert biome that could be an island off the south-western coast. It is a game that has not once gone against its game for EXTINCT animals, which is what all the species on the Ark are, rule since the bosses are disconnected from the normal play world and are not tamable. 

Edited by UDGxKnight