MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

6 hours ago, RjMcReady said:

Just to be clear, those are all names for the assorted beasties in the Tremors series, Well its A#$ blasters, not bootyblasters. So directing harsh intents towards the quoted poster just makes you look silly and uninformed. 

i wasn't trying to harsh, my apologies to @ciabattaroll for it being so, again I say it wasn't the intention. It was actually an incredible failure of a joke attempt. Although i will admit that i was uniformed on the subject on those names. The movie gave me the willies, so i never bithered remembering names.

7 hours ago, Vaskur said:

omg, it´s the mongolian Deathworm

Ooo, thats just as good as Mongolian Terror Worm. i shall add it to my name suggestions and reference to you.

7 hours ago, Deadpool00012 said:

Epic breakdown, you need to do this for all the mystery dossiers! Nice!

Thanks, I am planning too.  I sort of did an evaluation of the last two, but nothing as in depth as this one.

Hmm... If you look closely at some of these dossiers they have some clues as to how the desert biome is going to work.

The "camelasaur" and "flowerfly" dossiers seem to suggest it is going to be a whole new map. Yet there is a Rex in this one, which could mean an endless possibility of things but is still interesting...

2 hours ago, DinoDash said:

Hmm... If you look closely at some of these dossiers they have some clues as to how the desert biome is going to work.

The "camelasaur" and "flowerfly" dossiers seem to suggest it is going to be a whole new map. Yet there is a Rex in this one, which could mean an endless possibility of things but is still interesting...

Purely asking out of curiosity here, but where do you and others get the idea that it points towards a whole other map? I'm legit baffled how it points to this and trust me when I say it takes a lot to confuse me.

Also, That aint no rex, its a megalania. Well thats atleast what it looks closest too and I can tell why most think its a rex, but there isn't a single spine bit going down the middle of its back like a rex. It has twin marks running parallel down its back and its neck is thicker then its head, this is what makes me believe it to be a megalania (there are other things that make me think so). Even if it isn't a megalania, I'm 100% certain that it isn't a rex.

Next Minute - The dev that works on the ark art and dossiers comments, confirming that it's a rex.

On 17 August 2016 at 4:53 PM, DaEndGame said:Scientific Names:

Scientific Names:

- Terribilisvermis suus'alaqueo

The first part means "Terrible worm" and the second means "it's a trap"  Personally I think it fits. Both are latin

Common Names:

- Terror Worm (Shortened version of the below one, but it is an obvious choice of name)

- Death Worm (Shortened version of the below one, but it is an obvious choice of name)

- Mongolian Terror Worm (this was suggested by @demonhero100)

- Mongolian Death Worm (this was suggested by @Vaskur)

- Great Carkoon (star wars inspired name)

- Alaqueo (Latin for "a trap")

More names may come, if I can think of some.

If this is the larval form of that moth, ohh dear Lord we're all screwed.

I must reminisce on this like the last.

What do you all think that the actual possibility of the devs naming this creature one of the names I've suggested. Of course cudos to @Vaskur and @demonhero100 for their name suggestions that I've added to my list.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

I must reminisce on this like the last.

What do you all think that the actual possibility of the devs naming this creature one of the names I've suggested. Of course cudos to @Vaskur and @demonhero100 for their name suggestions that I've added to my list.

I think it would be rather nifty if they named it grabuge ver which (and I hope I didn't butcher this) is french for mayhem worm, as a slight nod to the SOTF community; specifically to Wormy of Team Grabuge for his antics that brought much hype to the proceedings.

11 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Purely asking out of curiosity here, but where do you and others get the idea that it points towards a whole other map? I'm legit baffled how it points to this and trust me when I say it takes a lot to confuse me.

Also, That aint no rex, its a megalania. Well thats atleast what it looks closest too and I can tell why most think its a rex, but there isn't a single spine bit going down the middle of its back like a rex. It has twin marks running parallel down its back and its neck is thicker then its head, this is what makes me believe it to be a megalania (there are other things that make me think so). Even if it isn't a megalania, I'm 100% certain that it isn't a rex.

Next Minute - The dev that works on the ark art and dossiers comments, confirming that it's a rex.

Here I'll explain, the two dossiers that I mention seem to show a survivor gathering oil and water from the creatures. Oil is understandable but water? This suggests that if you are in the desert you can not have access to water, which doesn't seem very possible on the current map unless they made a HUGE expansion which is unlikely. 

Oh and that is Rex, or a new desert theropod like an albertosaurus or tarbosaurus. Look closer and you can see its small two fingered arms and large hind legs.

12 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

I wrote it off as a Megalania at first too cause, you know its found in caves and so are all big bugs... but look closer ..tiny human and even closer you see those trademark tiny two clawed Tyrannosaurus arms THE WORM IS FLIPPING OVER A REX!

Its crude but it conveys what i was saying that the back patterns don't match.

my stylis is missing, so when i find it i'll do a better one.

2 hours ago, DinoDash said:

Another tyranosaurid, albertosaurus or daspletosaurus?

Yes, if i had to take a guess, i'd say it would belong to the tyrannosaur genus. They are characterised by two clawed hands. As for the other two you suggested, it could be one of those. 

Also, I dont think any of those are confirmed creatures. So either the art team did a bad job of drawing that theropod or they're hinting at another creature...

image.png

7 hours ago, DinoDash said:

This appears to be a larvae of some some sort, so what does it turn into? Although larvae tend to be much more hideous and bloodthirsty than their adult forms.

If this is the larvae, i'd hate to see its final form.

(I just spend five minutes looking for a final form meme apppriote for this creature. I found one that was this thing made of dolls, it crepped me out so i didn't use it.)