MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

17 hours ago, LordVargar said:

I feel it is important to adress the consistant whining going on about the mysterious mysteries and the updates.

Please allow me to remind everyone of some key points you miss when complaining. Wild Card had the kindness to care about its fans to not only release it early but to let us have a say in how the game is made. you all act like this entitles you to have final say on the game when in reality you do not.

secondly my obversation on the mysteries...... I am in THE Mother of all floods in Walker LA right now but by the grace of God find myself one of the lucky people with internet. so imagine me waking up just to see if there is something new teased about this amazing game just to have it ruined by a bunch of self entitled cry babies. I am Overjoyed by the mysteries it keeps my mind of the literal hell my family is stuck in. so count yourselves lucky.

Finally a apology to GP and moderators and ARK devs for this rant at my fellow survivors. They honestly don,t deserve such a wonderful amazing game let alone early acsses. I cpme froma day where i had to stick a quarter in a machine to get 5 minutes of enjoyment on a space invaders game and now we live in a time where i can get on ARK and keep my familys mind off the fact that downtown is under 12 feet of water!

so to those of you upset and dissapointed at Wildcard......you have the right but look in the mirror and ask. yourself. "how does this make me look to people with REAL problems".   

I completely agree with you there, I refuse to check the messages on the xbox forums due to such whining. Especially since the patch notes were updated. There are some over there that keep bringing up certain points, thinking that if they mention it enough times that the devs with suddenly release a patch that fixes everything wrong with the game, nothing is ever perfect.

Not mention those who keep asking for all the bugs to be fixed, don't get me started on them. Although I will say this, I've the reason the devs gave for not doing so a good sum of times.

But to returning to the subject, as much as I miss the detailed dossiers, I recall the amount of whining about the dossiers upon the release of the dino - it doesn't look like the dossier, it doesn't do what the dossier says, the dossier isn't right etc.

I'd much rather deal with the rather minimal whining on here upon the unveiling of the Mysterious Mysteries, then upon the release of a dino and the whining about the inaccuracy of the dino or dossier.

-Your friendly neighbourhood Logophile

PS I'll send my prayers tonight for you, your family and everyone else affected by the floods. I don't watch the news, so I had no clue the floods were going on till you said. God Bless you and everyone else affected.

6 hours ago, THUNDERDOME said:

Tremors!!

DON'T, JUST DON'T. PLEASE NEVER MAKE THAT REFERENCE AGIAN, PLEASE. That movie gives me more willies then Star Ship Troopers and it is graphic as hell. (Don't ask why it's worse then SST for me, all I can tell is that I'm strange)

Sadly Someone is going to force tame one on a player dedicated or pc server and name it that. RIP I'm never going to walk in the desert. ever!!! Flying over it will be rare.

9 hours ago, Scorpio said:

No whyyy, whyyy did they do this to my poor Megalania 

Also on the edges of the picture of the megalania it looks like maybe those are the ant lions mouth peices

Post a link when finished

It appaers to be just one and its struck the poor lizard from below. Damn death traps they are.

11 hours ago, Marksman338 said:

It sucks that its not tamable, but it might be because it appears to be larger and stronger than Rex's by part in the lower corner.

That ain't no rex, its a megalania. Sadly though I don't doubt that a rex would probably succumb to this terror worms might.

15 hours ago, Im7oxic said:

Correct me if im wrong, but we have ALL see TOO MANY mysterious mysteries without having seen even the first one (forever ago) released in a full dossier or in game.  I love seeing new things but honestly any mysterious mysteries that i see i dont assume ill see a dossier or in game this year!

Id rather see a full dossier and at least i know your sorta working on it and will release in 1-35 months...

TBH I pretty sure the reason they stopped with the full dossiers, is because they got sick of people saying the dossier didn't match the creature or vice versa upon release of the dino.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

DON'T, JUST DON'T. PLEASE NEVER MAKE THAT REFERENCE AGIAN, PLEASE. That movie gives me more willies then Star Ship Troopers and it is graphic as hell. (Don't ask why it's worse then SST for me, all I can tell is that I'm strange)

Sadly Someone is going to force tame one on a player dedicated or pc server and name it that. RIP I'm never going to walk in the desert. ever!!! Flying over it will be rare.

They could also name them graboids or shriekers or bootyblasters. Well, not exactly bootyblasters but something synonymous.

@Scorpio and @lordvargar good on ya's both for making up and apologising to each other for the unnecessary argument. 

I told myself this morning that if ya's hadn't done so by the time i got home from school, then I'd tell ya's to either shut and make up like civilised men or take it to else where ie personal messages. Again good on you both, I haven't liked seeing ya's arguing, as I'm personally feeling for you @LordVargar with the floods, and I always enjoy debating each mysterious mystery with you @Scorpio. You both seem like great and civilised guys.

Now onto my name suggestions.

Scientific Names:

- Terribilisvermis suus'alaqueo

The first part means "Terrible worm" and the second means "it's a trap"  Personally I think it fits. Both are latin

Common Names:

- Terror Worm (Shortened version of the below one, but it is an obvious choice of name)

- Death Worm (Shortened version of the below one, but it is an obvious choice of name)

- Mongolian Terror Worm (this was suggested by @demonhero100)

- Mongolian Death Worm (this was suggested by @Vaskur)

- Great Carkoon (star wars inspired name)

- Alaqueo (Latin for "a trap")

More names may come, if I can think of some.

On 17 August 2016 at 10:25 AM, UranoMetria said:

Awww baby moth :3

If this is the larval form of that moth, ohh dear Lord we're all screwed.

Edited by DaEndGame

17 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

They could also name them graboids or shriekers or bootyblasters. Well, not exactly bootyblasters but something synonymous.

Ahh, the creativity of human beings...

This reminds of something a man by the name of Albert said once, although it doesn't exactly apply to human creativity, moreover human stupidity... But I'm sure it can be applied to both.

On 8/16/2016 at 4:39 AM, DaEndGame said:

Visual Break down

So into the detailed and worded break down:

The creature itself is an insect or arthropod or [insert correct class].

It is quite large compared too us humans, we are somewhere between a 1/3 - 1/6 of its size.

The egg and collar symbols, which mean tameability and the egg i assume means it either does/doesn't lay eggs and/or if it can be bred. Both have crosses next to them, so they aren't tameable and either don't lay eggs and/or can't be bred.

The colour scheme displayed in the picture strongly suggests that it lives in the desert, which makes sense in correspondence to the next bit.

It has a bear trap symbol as well, it doesn't display a tick or cross for it though so it isn't certain that this actually a part of it, but why include it when it is going to br crossed (thats my logic anyway). The symbol if ticked most likely means that the creature can grap and pin dinosaurs where they are, similar to bear traps And is probably why it has the picture of its teeth or claws sticking out of the sand with the rest buried. So living in the desert makes burrowing easier because of the sand.

If you believe me to be wrong in parts of this, then please do tell. Also if you think i missed something tell me, I like to hear others thoughts and opinions.

Cook but the size comparison is off. It's not that big

Visual Break down

It is quite large compared too us humans, we are somewhere between a 1/3 - 1/6 of its size.

The egg and collar symbols, which mean tameability and the egg i assume means it either does/doesn't lay eggs and/or if it can be bred. Both have crosses next to them, so they aren't tameable and either don't lay eggs and/or can't be bred.

The colour scheme displayed in the picture strongly suggests that it lives in the desert, which makes sense in correspondence to the next bit.

It has a bear trap symbol as well, it doesn't display a tick or cross for it though so it isn't certain that this actually a part of it, but why include it when it is going to br crossed (thats my logic anyway). The symbol if ticked most likely means that the creature can grap and pin dinosaurs where they are, similar to bear traps And is probably why it has the picture of its teeth or claws sticking out of the sand with the rest buried. So living in the desert makes burrowing easier because of the sand.

If you believe me to be wrong in parts of this, then please do tell. Also if you think i missed something tell me, I like to hear others thoughts and opinions.

Cool but the size comparison is off. It's not that big

Edit: nvm just realized there's a human in the dossier your right

12 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

@Scorpio and @lordvargar good on ya's both for making up and apologising to each other for the unnecessary argument. 

I told myself this morning that if ya's hadn't done so by the time i got home from school, then I'd tell ya's to either shut and make up like civilised men or take it to else where ie personal messages. Again good on you both, I haven't liked seeing ya's arguing, as I'm personally feeling for you @LordVargar with the floods, and I always enjoy debating each mysterious mystery with you @Scorpio. You both seem like great and civilised guys.

Now onto my name suggestions.

Scientific Names:

- Terribilisvermis suus'alaqueo

The first part means "Terrible worm" and the second means "it's a trap"  Personally I think it fits. Both are latin

Common Names:

- Terror Worm

- Mongolian Terror Worm (this was suggested by @demonhero100)

- Great Carkoon (star wars inspired name)

- Alaqueo (Latin for "a trap")

More names may come, if I can think of some.

If this is the larval form of that moth, ohh dear Lord we're all screwed.

But.... but.... I'm a girl 

Jk lol

Also I think alaqueo is the best one

4 hours ago, J said:

Cook but the size comparison is off. It's not that big

TBH completely, the size comparison is a little off as my stylus is missing and i wasn't able to draw it properly ie a little too tall and quite a bit thicker then should be. In Short if I had my stylus, there would have been an outline drawing of both human and alaqueo...

11 hours ago, SonnySynth said:

I am guessing it is something like the Antlion from Terraria?

Yeah, a lot of people have commented that it strongly resembles irl antlions, it's where terraria got idea of the creature.

7 hours ago, LastGon said:

The name of the img is "TornDossier"  

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of the image names for Mysterious Mysteries are named that or at least similar.

18 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

Yeah, a lot of people have commented that it strongly resembles irl antlions, it's where terraria got idea of the creature.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of the image names for Mysterious Mysteries are named that or at least similar.

Yeah, another one have the same name, my bad.

Thanks for the info mate

Visual Break down

Epic breakdown, you need to do this for all the mystery dossiers! Nice!

15 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Ahh, the creativity of human beings...

This reminds of something a man by the name of Albert said once, although it doesn't exactly apply to human creativity, moreover human stupidity... But I'm sure it can be applied to both.

Just to be clear, those are all names for the assorted beasties in the Tremors series, Well its A#$ blasters, not bootyblasters. So directing harsh intents towards the quoted poster just makes you look silly and uninformed.