MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

1 hour ago, HighFlyer15 said:

It's okay to be disappointed. These mysterious mystery dossiers are nice and all, but we are definitely at the "you were allowed to help us shape the game, but now it's time to get super secret!" phase again. It's tough to back to that since we were treated with weekly patches with 1-2 creatures in the beginning.
Currently the next patch with nothing special in it is taking a month to release. 2 creatures and items already present in the game(Obelisks worked just fine) or in mods(hangar doors).
They are of course crunching away at all their little secrets behind the curtain and I hope they're on schedule. Hopefully we'll get something a little more exciting at PAX Prime and not just a couple of dossiers, another image tease or a mod going official. We really don't need more of that when they already got their hands full. Having to support more is just a death sentence for the release date  

Ikr I missed those days with all the updates, new dinosaurs, and all the hype in general :(

I am 100% certain this is a giant antlion, Google it. Star Wars took inspiration from the animal when making that giant sand monster thing. They're really amazing creatures in real life and turn into a voracious beetle when fully mature.

Edit: I'm super excited here because for once I know what the damn thing is! (Also in true ark form they have altered the creature into a worm, putting their own spin on it, but behaviorally, this is the creature depicted in the dossier)

Video link

3 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I'm disappointed 

1st Why do all (most) of the giant bugs have to be untameable 

2nd why do they all have to be just a nuisance 

Finally yesterday in the community crunch you made it sound like we we're going to get something truly amazing, like a cool tameable new creature like maybe daeodon or Koolasuchus but instead we got a untameable worm catapillar thing

That thing in the community crunch, yeah this isn't it. If you check both the xbox and pc patch notes they both say "something else big" or something like that.

This is just the art team trying give us all nightmares, his one of which was inspired by the great pit of carkoon. RIP Boba Fett, I hope you don't play ark.

30 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

That thing in the community crunch, yeah this isn't it. If you check both the xbox and pc patch notes they both say "something else big" or something like that.

This is just the art team trying give us all nightmares, his one of which was inspired by the great pit of carkoon. RIP Boba Fett, I hope you don't play ark.

Oh ok well I guess that's a relief, besides the fact it's no longer Monday, so it's impossible for them to surprise us this Monday now

All right, time for my theory on what it is:

Considering it resembles an antlion, like many have hypothesised, i going to say they took creative license on the antlion and genetically cross its genes with what ever the Great Pit of Carkoon is. 

My full scale break down will be here shortly, just have to study it a bit more, and see what others thoughts on it are...

Just now, Scar said:

It reminds me this...

Umm, is this from Elder scrolls or WOW or [insert correct game here]

I wonder what would look scarier, this with better graphics or the Mysterious creature we are all debating.

BTW I think this would get eaten for breakfast and digested for one thousand years by Mystery creature.

Visual Break down

So into the detailed and worded break down:

The creature itself is an insect or arthropod or [insert correct class].

It is quite large compared too us humans, we are somewhere between a 1/3 - 1/6 of its size.

The egg and collar symbols, which mean tameability and the egg i assume means it either does/doesn't lay eggs and/or if it can be bred. Both have crosses next to them, so they aren't tameable and either don't lay eggs and/or can't be bred.

The colour scheme displayed in the picture strongly suggests that it lives in the desert, which makes sense in correspondence to the next bit.

It has a bear trap symbol as well, it doesn't display a tick or cross for it though so it isn't certain that this actually a part of it, but why include it when it is going to br crossed (thats my logic anyway). The symbol if ticked most likely means that the creature can grap and pin dinosaurs where they are, similar to bear traps And is probably why it has the picture of its teeth or claws sticking out of the sand with the rest buried. So living in the desert makes burrowing easier because of the sand.

If you believe me to be wrong in parts of this, then please do tell. Also if you think i missed something tell me, I like to hear others thoughts and opinions.

image.jpeg

Common Name: Its a  fuxianhuiid.  

Time: It  flourished during the Cambrian period, from 540 to 485 million years ago, which was when life first became very complex—and very weird.  It existed during the planets experimental period... Truly...

Species: It is the ancestor of the modern arthropod...

Its habitat was the sea floor...

Diet: The arms under its face would stuff food into its mouth. As it lived on the sea floor, anything that lived there was fair game. So, fish and other crustaceans were its food... (And any unsuspecting ARK survivor too)...

Temperament: It would only attack if provoked... but could also attack when hungry...

Wild: It only lives in the wild, & therefore cannot be contained...

Domesticated: It cant be domesticated...

Well... that is what I think it is...  

I feel it is important to adress the consistant whining going on about the mysterious mysteries and the updates.

Please allow me to remind everyone of some key points you miss when complaining. Wild Card had the kindness to care about its fans to not only release it early but to let us have a say in how the game is made. you all act like this entitles you to have final say on the game when in reality you do not.

secondly my obversation on the mysteries...... I am in THE Mother of all floods in Walker LA right now but by the grace of God find myself one of the lucky people with internet. so imagine me waking up just to see if there is something new teased about this amazing game just to have it ruined by a bunch of self entitled cry babies. I am Overjoyed by the mysteries it keeps my mind of the literal hell my family is stuck in. so count yourselves lucky.

Finally a apology to GP and moderators and ARK devs for this rant at my fellow survivors. They honestly don,t deserve such a wonderful amazing game let alone early acsses. I cpme froma day where i had to stick a quarter in a machine to get 5 minutes of enjoyment on a space invaders game and now we live in a time where i can get on ARK and keep my familys mind off the fact that downtown is under 12 feet of water!

so to those of you upset and dissapointed at Wildcard......you have the right but look in the mirror and ask. yourself. "how does this make me look to people with REAL problems".   

I guess I understand why some creatures need to be untamable, and just be resource or annoyance creatures. I just wish it wasn't the Giant Bugs that got this treatment, I guess what can we really say about insects though, its hard to understand if they actually understand us and our dispositions toward them wether being hostile or kind. Something about Giant Insects and massive underwater creatures fascinate me, well underwater things in general and flying things, a lot more than a new land Dino or land Mammal. With the dossier for the mantis and moth I have a lot of excitement for my future gameplay with creatures that are more fascinating in size and utility because Giant bugs just seem so wild to me, with the modern day bug being usually smaller than our feet. I can understand why this creature is untamable and I can understand the utility of adding it in, but I just really hope it doesn't take up a slot in a, what I think is, limited list of how many more creatures that can be added when there are sooooo many more possible things to be added. I do realize we can't just have every extinct thing in the game, and the variety is already awesome. I just have things that I hope to see added. 

Personally would love to see a new Arachnid that is a lot more agile and larger than the Araneo, especially since the Arango isn't supposed to be big enough to mount according to the dossier. Giant Jumping Spider would be cool. Dessert type biome would be a perfect opportunity for Cave Lions if there is a grassland type desert within it.

Like some of you, am guessing it is a kind of prehistorical Antlion. Why? cause it seem to be able to trap thing while burying itself (like antlion). Also the adult contemporary version of the actual antlion is the dragonfly, so in ARK that would be the Meganeura.

Am just concerned about it size( if it is really an antlion), which may looks like a bit bigger than meganeura. As shown on the Mysterious Mysteries file pieces, it seems to be able to trap dinos. Would ok to me if it traps only dinos like dilo or similar sized dinos.