PAX West, Structures Update, Naughty or Nice & Community Crunch 60

Jatheish

Free standing pillars and foundations are a problem on PVE. But the bigger problem is this: The server I play on recently had a very large group of PVPers show up and start trying to infiltrate/glitch into peoples bases, which they are succeeding at. They are spamming E on generators, inside buildings that they have glitched into, until all the gas is gone. They are dragging bodies and caging them and demanding ransom. Now this is a PVE server, no matter how much we report them nothing is being done, so they continue. Continue to gloat in global and demand ransom. They also have continued to pillar everywhere. We had, as a server, pillared many areas and gave land away as new players showed up. Since many pillars have been deleted they have now pillared all the things that we had saved for new players and are pillaring around peoples bases and everywhere they possibly can. Which is now an even worse problem. This is a vicious cycle, which will end in veteran players quitting. I know several people have already left and many more, if not most will leave if these issues are not sorted out. Our server was peaceful with many public areas (public house on half burnt with multiple grills, public garden, public forge and public newbies houses which we kept well stocked) and when someone asked for pillars to be removed they would be. But now this horrid tribe has everything and are making people not want to play anymore. This has given them more fuel.

Assuming xbox is missing this event to? Well i mean its not like theres more xbox players than PC *wink wink* well i dont know i just really want an update on how sotf development is going on for xbox one. Cause you know xbox really doesnt have anything to compete with ps4 with, besides ark but usually we always get screwed in the end. So if sotf is gonna get cancelled i wouldnt be suprised.  

2 hours ago, Thederpychrist965 said:

Assuming xbox is missing this event to? Well i mean its not like theres more xbox players than PC *wink wink* well i dont know i just really want an update on how sotf development is going on for xbox one. Cause you know xbox really doesnt have anything to compete with ps4 with, besides ark but usually we always get screwed in the end. So if sotf is gonna get cancelled i wouldnt be suprised.  

1. Microsoft requires a QnA for EVERY update that WildCard puts through, so, no. We will not be getting the Event, but that is just fine. If you want everything PC is gonna have, you're in for a bad time. The Xbox could more than likely handle it, but this would be a pointless update for us, since the servers are barely hanging on as they are. So, piling on more stuff and a 100 vs 100 server would just cause ALOT more problems than it's worth.

2. SOTF has not been canceled. Only Delayed since they had to put it back with the base game. So, now, SOTF will be released with ARK in the holiday season, more than likely.

• Volunteer Moderator

Guys, the 100 vs 100 is NOT an Event of the normal type where it is downloaded as an update. The 100 vs 100 charity event is being hosted at PAX West and streamed on Twitch. This can't be compared to Events that PC has that Xbox doesn't get.

It is a SOTF TC also, and therefore can only be held on PC.

Edited by GamerPerfection

8 hours ago, iJwad said:

I love the lone pillar update but hopefully add a ceiling to said pillars is not a work around to this patch.

Well, that could backfire with a LOT of bases losing floors resting on pillars.

Hope the devs have thought of the consequences of removing pillars, like what if some griefer decides to put down entire small cabins around bases? For many players placing pillars on valuable spawns had to be done.

Pillars connected to a few foundations?

Then you end up with house spam & small strucutres everywhere.

"they are connected so they are not lone structures"

Result: the same as pillar spam. And it blocks spawns. And the ones that protected their spawns are now griefed.

I like the removal of pillar spam, but I don't see any fix to the pillar griefing, this is just a reset, clears up many areas for building, and thus room for griefing.

The pillar spam was in this case not a main problem which many think, but a solution to a bigger problem. Which imo still is not solved.

WC: removing lone pillars: ok, but have you solved the problem of other ppl griefing by building too close around other people's bases and destroying all the spawns yet?

Edited by NukeZX

3 hours ago, NukeZX said:

WC: removing lone pillars: ok, but have you solved the problem of other ppl griefing by building too close around other people's bases and destroying all the spawns yet?

WC should just drop official pve servers... PVE can work on dedicated servers though, where there's admins enforcing certain rules. pvp fixes all these issues hehe

oh look its that guy again

in your previous SOTF based post announcing Naughty vs Nice this was said

We’re hoping to release the TC by the end of August and host a gamers’ Charity Match sometime in September,

to which all the qualifying members of August’s Survivors League are invited to participate

Todays said this

The survivors invited to attend the event will feature some of the best SotF players around, winners of previous events, the finalists who competed at ChinaJoy, as well as your favourite streamers, content creators and developers

So does qualification for August's league get you in or not ? because that's going to be about what 170 players ? maybe 160 ? leaving you only 40 headroom to invite the "rest" ?

honestly this pillar change will kill the xbox servers we use pillars to keep people from building within a certain radius next to us cause lets face it when we get 3-4 giant base builds next to each other within a certain radius on xbox servers they lag like hell and game becomes nearly unplayable... this change will let ppl build almost on tops of each other cause gates radius is almost non existant using foundations in a line around your base while would work would wind up killing nearby spawns .... this is the least favorite option choice a game dev should do based on my many years as a mmo player changes like this kill games...  you could of made a instance cave no one can build near that leads to a valley where tribes can build and have a premission system to allow public players in or allied only and give em build rights ect based on a check box system.... you also could of made a land claim system where x amount is claimed simmilar to eq landmarks flag system..... or implemented a decay system where when in x amount of time x amount of hp is minus off structures placed based on what material is used. which would limit how big one tribe could build because they would of had to keep it all repaired... theres lots of things you could of done but nope lets just wipe ever lone pillar and foundation - which sometimes foundations lone ones are placed to kill nearby alpha spawns to peoples main base or killing of a giga spawn in... instead of coming up with a option that works for everyone you choose to give in to the whining of those with no land even though those with the land stayed up for new server launch bid there time lvled up high enough to get to pillars to claim some land... way to slap your playerbase in the face....

From what I heard

I have a great use for gravestones now.

I must create a memorial for pillars, "R.I.P. PILLARS!!"

Please tell me I miss understood and pillars our NOT being removed.

Without pillars what am I going to use for bridges . PLEASE ARK I HATE USING WALLS FOR BRIDGES!! THEY MAKE ME MAD.

hopefully pillars have a better life. 

I will be creating a server for people to donate offerings to the pillar's memorial. They will be missed and hopefully people learn their lesson and WC brings them back. But for now. R.I.P. PILLARS!!!!!!!!

@DuncanMacleod08 The problem isn't the loss of pillars. Pillars were never meant to mark territory or keep people from building nearby. Pillars are a building structure. The problem is people and a lack of respect. You shouldn't have to worry about someone building too close, killing spawns, or blocking you into your base. People are the issue along with over crowding. This is why players will kill PVE officials. Smart pve players have already moved to player dedicated servers where rules can be enforced. Player dedicateds on Xbox should become more stable once they release the windows version of the game with the play anywhere feature and crossplay.

7 hours ago, LITTLEGAMER27 said:

From what I heard

I have a great use for gravestones now.

I must create a memorial for pillars, "R.I.P. PILLARS!!"

Please tell me I miss understood and pillars our NOT being removed.

Without pillars what am I going to use for bridges . PLEASE ARK I HATE USING WALLS FOR BRIDGES!! THEY MAKE ME MAD.

hopefully pillars have a better life. 

I will be creating a server for people to donate offerings to the pillar's memorial. They will be missed and hopefully people learn their lesson and WC brings them back. But for now. R.I.P. PILLARS!!!!!!!!

Did you really take the time to type all of this out without actually reading the article... or just have never played on an official server? They are not taking pillars out of the game. The only thing being removed is lone(not connected to any other structure) pillars and foundations already placed in the game. This means any pillar or foundations you have used while building a structure are safe. 

@TedyBearOfDeath  wc is making a change that will affect the offical servers and most likely will kill them its not like everyone has the money to go buy a second xbox to host a dedicated server.... because most dedicated servers i've tried those player admins go on a power trip eventually ... what wc really needs to do to keep offical servers from becoming lag factories is come up with a better solution then removing lone pillars or foundations and quit giving into the whining those of us who've played daily on an offical server and have land shouldn't be punished cause someone joined on a server late and didn't get in on the land claiming... wait long enough and someones base will go up- they could of lowered timers to let crap go up faster but this is just a bs fix for them to quit hearing about the whining from people without land.. come patch drop when the lone pillars and foundations go on offical everyone without land will be building more then likely on a resource spawn or dino or near someones base ... with enough bases next to each other the damn officals lag thats my point they might of only meant it to be a building support thing but without a land claiming plot thing to go with it that makes it so a tribe cant build in x radius this isn't a fix but creating a bigger problem for a majority of their player-base.

15 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Did you really take the time to type all of this out without actually reading the article... or just have never played on an official server? They are not taking pillars out of the game. The only thing being removed is lone(not connected to any other structure) pillars and foundations already placed in the game. This means any pillar or foundations you have used while building a structure are safe. 

Did you read it?

"We have chosen to be aggressive in the management and removal of pillars in hopes to limit the amount of griefing in a way that we feel will be best for the overall community and management of our official servers."

This is exactly what Jat said, so next time don't be a jerk and say "Did you really take the time to type all of this out without actually reading the article... or just have never played on an official server?" So check yourself before you go off about others.

Sry if I was rude in any way.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, LITTLEGAMER27 said:

Did you read it?

"We have chosen to be aggressive in the management and removal of pillars in hopes to limit the amount of griefing in a way that we feel will be best for the overall community and management of our official servers."

This is exactly what Jat said, so next time don't be a jerk and say "Did you really take the time to type all of this out without actually reading the article... or just have never played on an official server?" So check yourself before you go off about others.

Yes, they are being aggressive in the management and removal of pillars, specifically lone ones being stuck along the purpose "to protect resources" or "to claim territory" instead of using them as building implements.

19 minutes ago, LITTLEGAMER27 said:

Did you read it?

Just a few lines before your quote it says "When this update is deployed, lone pillars and lone foundations on both PvE and PvP servers will be wiped. " Didn't think further explanation would be needed....

@DuncanMacleod08 like I said players will be the death of official servers. Don't blame Wildcard. You shouldn't have to claim land. Tribes should respect their neighbors, not build too close, ect. No one should ever need to claim land with pillars. I run my own server(pve) and have 0 issues with land disputes. It's low population but just the knowledge that claiming land with pillars or foundations is against the rules have kept the server clean. I enforce the server as the only admin. I have 0 griefing also. Every player of mine that I have talked to said they will never go back to officials because of pillars and griefing. Players are the issue.

• lilpanda pinned and featured this topic
  • lilpanda unfeatured and unpinned this topic