Resources Not Respawning Now Due to Pillar Spam

HighDBoom

Hello Wildcard
Hi Community,

this thread is mention to the people who are playing on one of the 4 Official Offline Raid Protection (ORP) Server.

According to the new pillar update I really wanna ask you if wildcard thought about the ORP Servers because this Pillar update doesn't work with ORP server.

Its griefing to the maxium what happened now. People placed in the past or will place in the future everywhere pillar and log off = all structures getting Offline Raid protected.

You wont have any chances against griefers like this you can't even destroy pillars and all Spawns like

- Dinos

- Resources

- Beacon/ Loot Crates

Are permanently blocked !

We posted a lot feedback now. ORP needs more attention and a seperate Major Update for the Mod. Till you got the time please  disable the mod from the servers and let them run as a normal server.

We got massiv problems with ORP only atm:

-> You can't pincode Vaults (Vaults = useless and free accesable from others)
-> You can pillar the whole map and login and out and prevent all dinos/resource spawns
->  Huge Exploit to make your base undestroyable (won't explain it in the public).
-> You can't loot lootbags because they are offline raid protected.
-> everywhere tamed player dinos but they don't starve fast enough. Tribe is for 2 month offline a huge cluster of tamed dinos blocks spawns too.

The best would be to remove the mod for now in my opinion.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, I know the idea is to clear servers of pillars so people can build anywhere but now any server that had pillars on it to preserve a resource has been effectively made barren. I don't own any of these pillars, and yet now there isn't a metal node, beaver, or penguin to be found. What's worse is they won't be wiped until August 22nd. I'm not blowing these things up and getting my name on some alpha tribe's log for breaking their stuff. Granted they can't farm either but they don't really need to at this point, they're just hanging around for the content updates.

The game in its current state is virtually unplayable as farming is at the core of it. =/

Even with pillar spamming, resources should still spawn. Pillars shouldn't effect spawning of metal nodes or anything else, only foundations.  We have several pillars in the volcano because of such abuse so no one can build a base there. Doesn't at all effect the spawn rates of metal or crystal.

Idk what's wrong with your server but ours is fine, no problem 

8 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Even with pillar spamming, resources should still spawn. Pillars shouldn't effect spawning of metal nodes or anything else, only foundations.  We have several pillars in the volcano because of such abuse so no one can build a base there. Doesn't at all effect the spawn rates of metal or crystal.

Idk what's wrong with your server but ours is fine, no problem 

It's the most recent patch, if you're on xbox you'll likely not see it for a while. PC however there has been a patch designed to curb the use of pillars as a means of blocking build locations for other players. This was put in last night to the best of my knowledge.

If the server you play is on an Official PC one and pillars are used for resource protection expect not to see those resources respawn now. =/

7 minutes ago, gmejias93z said:

BigRed1227 Now pillars affect at least on pc v245.986 , patch notes say:

* Pillars now extend resource/respawn prevention radius as far out as foundations.

This is really bad, especially for PvE.

I'm unbelievably confused.  I don't play PVE, but I know that the number one complaint of PVE is pillar spam...and instead of doing nothing or trying to fix the problem, it was made infinitely worse.  Color me awfully confused by this.  Can anyone think of any reason why this is a good idea?

* Pillars now extend resource/respawn prevention radius as far out as foundations.Requires Server Update.
Ok my first question regarding this part of the patch, if the pillars act like foundations are they now preventing wildlife from re appearing in the same areas too?

* On August 22nd, we will be enabling Auto Destruction of any decayed (demolishable) PvE structures on all Official Servers. They will at that time be auto-destroyed if they are publicly demolishable. Also, at that time, all old lone (unsnapped) pillars & foundations will be cleared from Official PvP servers
Now about this, I love the first half of that, finally no more floating pipes... do it sooner and make it a monthly thing!, but for the second half will anything happen on pve too where pillars were a issue?

I think it was a bit too soon for this patch as there was no community poll or consensus or warning, a lot of people are going to rage as it doesn't deal with the issue of players being unable to build due to pillar spam on pve servers and instead does the exact opposite of what people actually liked using them for (preventing players from building by resources we wanted to farm, now they cant farm them), Hopefully we see a tribe limited structure soon that will have a bigger range then the original pillars for blocking players without blocking resources...

Edit - Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm supporter in changing the way pillars work as I've been forcibly pillared off of a official server and had to find a different server... its a much needed change, but makes the current problem worse.

(looks like they merged this, was originally a separate thread asking about the pillars)

Just now, gmejias93z said:

@CTMalum I know PvE is pillar simulator and is awful but.. sometimes we use pillars to prevent people to build in resource spawn locations..  I think a better solution would be to add some sort of resource protection radius and not let people to build around metal and crystal mainly. 

I understand that, I'm just trying to figure out why they would disable resource spawns in a pillar's radius if people complain about the pillar spam and they know it's going to suck servers dry of resources.

I am very interested to see how all this pillar spamming drama will evolve now that the devs have implemented the new "pillars act as foundations" rule.  

Our server is slowly becoming naked as people gather and harvest but none of the resources are spawning back in.  I hope that people will see the damage that their pillars are causing and we will slowly see them take the pillars down. At least now, we should be able to report pillar spamming since it does cause problems with respawns. 

One of my questions is what will happen next.  It seems that the devs have implemented other pillar patches.  I am very curious about the "?OnlyDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true". It states in the notes that is for PvP.  Was pve not included on purpose or is that just a typo?  Will it also take place on pve and if not, I am curious why.

I am very happy that the Studio Wildcard developers are trying to figure out how to fix all the problems that the pillars have caused this past year.  Hopefully we can be patient and give our feedback as they try new things.

Current Version: v245.986
* Pillars now extend resource/respawn prevention radius as far out as foundations.Requires Server Update.
* New server option: ?OnlyDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true 
If set, only unsnapped core structures will decay. Useful for eliminating lone pillar/foundation spam on PvP Servers.
* On August 22nd, we will be enabling Auto Destruction of any decayed (demolishable) PvE structures on all Official Servers. They will at that time be auto-destroyed if they are publicly demolishable. Also, at that time, all old lone (unsnapped) pillars & foundations will be cleared from Official PvP servers

The logic overall I understand. Playing on a PvP server I have met a lot of people who would play on PVE,  wanted to in fact, but couldn't because most PVE servers have so many pillars that they can't even place a camp fire. Sure a lot of these servers have communal areas for eggs and forges, but building a base and a house is a core part of the game. Giving someone a free raft to live off of on PVE server is a weak compromise.  so by making pillars despawn like foundations the idea is to discourage land claiming. Problem here though is it opens up a new can of worms entirely. -.-

Does this mean pillars right around bases will be destroyed?  I'm not talking about pillar spam land grab, in the case I'm talking about the strategic base defense pillars  I know a lot of people put pillars right around their gates to stop access from ground tames during a raid.  If their just have four or five pillars stacked up, will they be demolished? 

I can see when this hits PvE Xbox servers its going to be a long drawn out mess. Half of the people don't read the patch notes, it took almost 2 months to get people to change their foundations to pillars because it killed spawn. People thought we were trying to cheat them out of some magical beans or something. It literally took no spawns near the blue obelisk for almost a week before they went "Oh, maybe my foundations are killing the spawns!" Another 3 weeks of "Ur trying to scam me out of my land!!!!"

Only on PvP looks like.

39 minutes ago, gmejias93z said:

BigRed1227 Now pillars affect at least on pc v245.986 , patch notes say:

* Pillars now extend resource/respawn prevention radius as far out as foundations.

This is really bad, especially for PvE.

ARGH! CRAP!

I guess I'd better get logged into my server asap and remove my resource protection pillars.

This just sucks, now the idiot builders on my server are going to setup their forge buildings/foundations right next to resources, like there were doing before I pillar protected the resources.

19 minutes ago, gmejias93z said:

Only on PvP looks like.

Well, it's a crappy thing but now I'm excited bc we can finally get those pesky floating electric lines and pipes out of the air

Archived