UNDERwater Pen Help?

Faivon

I've searched Youtube and all I find are water pens. I want an enclosed underwater pen, is that possible? Will Behemoth gate works on mosa and plesy? I just need to ask because I have limited time to play and any information will be much appreciated~ 

Also related to the water pen, if I build water pen on the raft and put some icthy in it, will they move too as I move the raft? 

The second part - no, they will simply clip through the structures as the raft moves.

For the pen, you'd have a number of options depending on preference and location, but if you truly want a completely submerged, large pen, I'd opt to make the cage floor of pillars+ceilings. That way you can just make walls/pillars/... as outer wall, and the "foundations" at the bottom will support a full roof across the top without the need of pillars inside the pen.
I can personally confirm the plesio fits through a behemoth, though I can't imagine mosas not fitting either. Lots of people keep them in pens as well.

42 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

The second part - no, they will simply clip through the structures as the raft moves.

For the pen, you'd have a number of options depending on preference and location, but if you truly want a completely submerged, large pen, I'd opt to make the cage floor of pillars+ceilings. That way you can just make walls/pillars/... as outer wall, and the "foundations" at the bottom will support a full roof across the top without the need of pillars inside the pen.
I can personally confirm the plesio fits through a behemoth, though I can't imagine mosas not fitting either. Lots of people keep them in pens as well.

Now I have to find another way to park my ichtys..

I see.. The classic warehouse pen but completely submerged right? The location is a bit hard since its deep down just outside of the underwater buble (The Center map) I plan to make the pen half ground and half water as I plan to build the pen on the borderline of the underwater buble. 

I think I will update here if that's possible.

In that area, ur prob just stuck with a completely submerged pen. I think the ocean floor there is too far down to where if you build up you'll get the height restriction notification. Also, Im not sure if you can build out from the water bubble- into the ocean. I haven't tested something like that yet lol. You should try it first before anything else.

6 hours ago, Faivon said:

Now I have to find another way to park my ichtys..

I see.. The classic warehouse pen but completely submerged right? The location is a bit hard since its deep down just outside of the underwater buble (The Center map) I plan to make the pen half ground and half water as I plan to build the pen on the borderline of the underwater buble. 

I think I will update here if that's possible.

I don't think you can build near the underwater bubble (at least not the one by skull island when I tried this a few months ago). So it won't be possible to have a pen half in and half out of the bubble. Too bad really, as I had the same plan as you a few months ago and found it couldn't be done. I think maybe the map author didn't want to make it too easy to tame water dinos there.

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

I don't think you can build near the underwater bubble (at least not the one by skull island when I tried this a few months ago). So it won't be possible to have a pen half in and half out of the bubble. Too bad really, as I had the same plan as you a few months ago and found it couldn't be done. I think maybe the map author didn't want to make it too easy to tame water dinos there.

PvE?

I think PvP just applies the x6 damage multiplier

T

10 hours ago, Faivon said:

I've searched Youtube and all I find are water pens. I want an enclosed underwater pen, is that possible? Will Behemoth gate works on mosa and plesy? I just need to ask because I have limited time to play and any information will be much appreciated~ 

Also related to the water pen, if I build water pen on the raft and put some icthy in it, will they move too as I move the raft? 

There are a couple of things you'll have to consider. 

1. As others sayd you cant use a raft in the manner you want. Just wont work.

2.  Behemoth gates wont properly snap.  Because of this you need to build a pen using other things(foundations walls ceiling) that you -then- fit the behemoth gate to(by clipping it a tad).  If you try to lay the gate first then build around it, it'll be a bigger headache typically.  So think of the pen as just as if it was on land and build accordingly.

North Tropical bubble I have a pen next to the bubble which I can easily extend on the north side of the bubble, the south does not work oddly enough.  But yeah I'll try to take pictures sometime soon.  I've got the foundations of stone then used behemouth gates and some stone walls.  I'm just in the process now to see if I made it big enough.....I have a bed and a house down there to spawn as well.

Archived