Do ascendant rocket launcher prints exist?

Dam Son

Deep Sea Loot Crates have their own loot tables, and non of the 4 weapons you mentioned are in that. Your best bet would be a red cave drop. Other than that, some fisherman who caught themselves an ascendant rod might have reeled in some nice bps of equal quality. I had my opportunities with a near 300% efficiency rod and snagged myself a couple of MC bps. I've heard other ridiculous stories of people having over 1000% effi rods (before the nerfs) and going wild with the rewards...Anyways, fishing is out of the question with the latest of patches so caves are your best bet.

1 hour ago, HamerTime said:

Yeah they exist. The ascendant rocket launchers, assault rifles and long necks can't really be built without a stacking mod though, fabricators/smithys can't hold enough mats.

The fab could definitely hold enough slots for those.  Really it's only the higher tier saddles that start causing the stack issues.

3 minutes ago, CTMalum said:

The fab could definitely hold enough slots for those.  Really it's only the higher tier saddles that start causing the stack issues.

I'll take a look through my BPs again tonight but I have not seen a single ascendant rocket launcher that is anywhere close to being possible to build. The polymer costs alone cannot fit into a fabricator, every launcher I've seen costs well over 10,000 polymer. Without stacking mods the vast majority of ascendant fire arms and launcher definitely cannot be built at all.

I myself have never seen one, but that dosen't mean it dosen't exist. I've gotten my hands on plenty of pre-existing phsyical items that were ascendant, including Fabricated Sniper Rifles & Pump-Action Shotguns, but never any blueprints above Mastercraft. I did find a Compound Bow in Mastercraft though and this was all on an official server, we hit Deep-Sea drops every day for a while somemtimes no less than 10x over short periods of time.

I'm willing to bet they do exist, they can be generated, but they'd be very very expensive to make, and you're better off getting the phsyical item anyway & just using it until it breaks. Wouldn't even try to repair it.

12 minutes ago, HamerTime said:

I'll take a look through my BPs again tonight but I have not seen a single ascendant rocket launcher that is anywhere close to being possible to build. The polymer costs alone cannot fit into a fabricator, every launcher I've seen costs well over 10,000 polymer. Without stacking mods the vast majority of ascendant fire arms and launcher definitely cannot be built at all.

We have an ascendant compound bow blueprint that has no problem fitting all of the mats, and base rocket launchers are cheaper than base compound bows.  If your ascendant launcher blueprint really takes 10k poly, it must have absolutely bonkers stats, super high above the average ascendant.

38 minutes ago, CTMalum said:

We have an ascendant compound bow blueprint that has no problem fitting all of the mats, and base rocket launchers are cheaper than base compound bows.  If your ascendant launcher blueprint really takes 10k poly, it must have absolutely bonkers stats, super high above the average ascendant.

I'm not talking about compound bows or primitive launchers, I'm talking about ascendant rocket launchers and fire arms. It sounds like you haven't actually looked at the required mats for ascendant items if you're comparing them to primitive items... the required mats for higher tier items don't increase linearly, it's exponential. 

58 minutes ago, HamerTime said:

Are you playing on official servers? If so, where can you get premades or prints?

14 minutes ago, HamerTime said:

I'm not talking about compound bows or primitive launchers, I'm talking about ascendant rocket launchers and fire arms. It sounds like you haven't actually looked at the required mats for ascendant items if you're comparing them to primitive items... the required mats for higher tier items don't increase linearly, it's exponential. 

I'm telling you that we've made ascendant compound bows, from our ascendant compound bow blueprints.  I'm telling you that a primitive compound bow costs more than a primitive launcher.  I'm implying, by logic, that an ascendant launcher shouldn't cost more than an ascendant compound bow.

16 minutes ago, Dam Son said:

Are you playing on official servers? If so, where can you get premades or prints?

No I'm not anymore, I pay for dedicated server. I got all the BPs from fishing before the nerfs. Supposedly some drops in the ocean and certain caves can give ascendant blue prints but I've never seen it happen, although I've seen up to master craft blue prints a couple times.

Just now, CTMalum said:

I'm telling you that we've made ascendant compound bows, from our ascendant compound bow blueprints.  I'm telling you that a primitive compound bow costs more than a primitive launcher.  I'm implying, by logic, that an ascendant launcher shouldn't cost more than an ascendant compound bow.

Yes I got it, you're making stuff up without having looked at the actual requirements. I'll get you screenshots of my blue prints later and you can do the math yourself.

In the mean time, check out the repair costs (note, the REPAIR costs, not even the crafting requirements...) on this one I found on google in about a minute: 

NZXXu87.jpg

2 minutes ago, HamerTime said:

Yes I got it, you're making stuff up without having looked at the actual requirements. I'll get you screenshots of my blue prints later and you can do the math yourself.

In the mean time, check out the repair costs (note, the REPAIR costs, not even the crafting requirements...) on this one I found on google in about a minute: 

NZXXu87.jpg

Looks absolutely absurd to me.  No possible way it could or should cost more than an ascendant quetz platform, which is the most expensive blueprint we have.  And making stuff up is hardly what I'm doing.  I'm flat out telling you that I have an ascendant compound bow blueprint that is perfectly craftable, and we have done so many times.  Then I'm making a logical conclusion about the cost of an ascendant rocket launcher.  If the cost scales the equally with quality, the rocket launcher should always be cheaper than the compound bow, at any quality.

11 minutes ago, HamerTime said:

No I'm not anymore, I pay for dedicated server. I got all the BPs from fishing before the nerfs. Supposedly some drops in the ocean and certain caves can give ascendant blue prints but I've ever seen it happen, although I've seen up to master craft blue prints a couple times.

Can confirm that ocean drops give ascendant.  All of our ascendant prints are from the ocean.  Haven't hit the cave drops too hard.

24 minutes ago, HamerTime said:

No I'm not anymore, I pay for dedicated server. I got all the BPs from fishing before the nerfs. Supposedly some drops in the ocean and certain caves can give ascendant blue prints but I've never seen it happen, although I've seen up to master craft blue prints a couple times.

I guess its time to go hack up some bats and spiders.

18 minutes ago, CTMalum said:

Looks absolutely absurd to me.  No possible way it could or should..

It's definitely absurd, but it is possible, because those are what they actually cost (just to repair!) in reality. 

And making stuff up is hardly what I'm doing. 

You are, by way of making a lot of assumptions, in particular this one:

If the cost scales the equally with quality, the rocket launcher should always be cheaper than the compound bow, at any quality.

I've already explained that's not how it works, the costs go up exponentially by quality tier. It's not a linear curve.

I'm flat out telling you that I have an ascendant compound bow blueprint that is perfectly craftable, and we have done so many times. 

I still haven't figured out how you think this is at all relevant. Apples to oranges.

1 minute ago, HamerTime said:

It's definitely absurd, but it is possible, because those are what they actually cost (just to repair!) in reality. 

You are, by way of making a lot of assumptions, in particular this one:

I've already explained that's not how it works, the costs go up exponentially by quality tier. It's not a linear curve.

I still haven't figured out how you think this is at all relevant. Apples to oranges.

You're just not following anything that I'm saying.  You assume that I don't understand how the cost of items scales with quality.  I understand that scales exponentially (I think geometrically is a better description).  What I'm telling is that if the scale factors for each item are equal, i.e. that the multiplier for each resource is nearly the same for each blueprint, then you can estimate approximately how much an item should cost if you have some basic information.  In this case, we know how much a compound bow costs compared a launcher, and we know how much an ascendant compound bow costs (conveniently, they both use the same resources).  By logic, then, we can estimate how much an ascendant launcher should cost- given that singular assumption that costs scale equally is true. 

Here's a link to someone who has an ascendant longneck.  It's nowhere near the absurd amounts for that launcher.  There's a photo of the blueprint in there

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656475399078/

1 hour ago, CTMalum said:

What I'm telling is that if the scale factors for each item are equal...

Here's a link to someone who has an ascendant longneck.  It's nowhere near the absurd amounts for that launcher.  There's a photo of the blueprint in there

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656475399078/

I love that you keep making all these assumptions without having actually looked at the blue prints for an ascendant rocket launcher... even after I showed you a real life example. I see you subscribe to the Trump school of debating. 

8 minutes ago, nscheffel said:

The guy literally just showed you the cost of repairing a launcher and you are still arguing. Clearly the "logical step" you took was incorrect. As was you "singular assumption that costs scale equally". Quite obviously the cost of a launcher does NOT scale in the same way as the cost of the items you insist on bringing up as 
"proof".

You're wrong, so just say "thanks for the info", and drop it.

VwEFp8Z.jpgWhat do we have here?

15 minutes ago, HamerTime said:

I love that you keep making all these assumptions without having actually looked at the blue prints for an ascendant rocket launcher... even after I showed you a real life example. I see you subscribe to the Trump school of debating. 

The image I quoted above has what I would think would be reasonable resource requirements for an ascendant rocket launcher.  Also very craftable.

4 minutes ago, nscheffel said:

Haha well played sir! Now I don't know what to believe!

I love it when the plot thickens.  I hoped my logical assertion would be enough, and this image (along with thinking about all the other ascendant bps I have) compared with their primitive costs seems to agree that costs scale about equally.  Now I just want to know why my image, which seems like the reasonable amount, conflicts with the original image here, which costs heaps more than my ascendant quetz platform blueprint.

Archived