Qowyn

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New version up

Changelog:

• Fixed level output for creatures with base/wild level 1
  • Added --inventory option to players command
  • --inventory and --items now accept an argument: summary or long, summary will just count items, long will output each item stack with extended information

The documentation for the fileformats had a small update, Scorched Earth showed that profiles (and maybe tribes too) can contain more than 1 object.

Although the tools appear to be working (json files are created and look fine)  I am receiving and error during the running of the command.

Warning: Cannot load data.
java.io.FileNotFoundException : ark_data.json (No such file or directory)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:93)
 	   at qowyn.ark.tools.CommonFunctions.readJson(CommonFunctions.java:140)
	at qowyn.ark.tools.DataManager.loadData(DataManager.java:33)
	at qowyn.ark.tools.PlayerListCommands.players(PlayerListCommands.java:68)
	at qowyn.ark.tools.App.main(App.java:106)

ark_data.json is located in ~/arktools/compiledTools/

Line Command Running is :-

java -jar ~/arktools/compiledTools/ark-tools.jar players ~/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/ScorchSave/ScorchedEarth_P.ark ~/arktools/responses/players

Its probably something obvious I'm just not seeing on my end,  any help appreciated.

Cheers

12 hours ago, Qowyn said:

Locating external files relative to a jar is a bit tricky, so ark-tools expects ark-data.json in the current working directory for now.

Edit: Next version will have a fix for this.

Have you looked into javapackager?  I have a project not related to ark and use javapackager , I make a fat jar with an installer.   Using gradle for the build 

New Release! But without full cloud support

Changelog:

• Added ShigoIslands latlon data
  • ark_data.json is now loaded from the same directory as the jar
  • Fixed detection of tamed creatures that have been transfered as reported by @Toni
  • Added cloudToJson/c2j and jsonToCloud/j2c commands

Data extraction for cloud thingies is not ready yet because i have been busy with other stuff.

Edit: New ark_tools.json data for 247.0 creatures not included because i broke my data extraction tool.

Another new version. Lesson learned: don't release software while beeing half asleep.

0.2.6 counts tamed creatures obtained by breeding as wild creatures. Reported by @Toni, again.

Changelog:

• Really fixed tamed creature detection
  • Fixed releasing new versions while half asleep

Edit: Data extraction tool fixed, new ark_data.json uploaded for every language at the usual place.

1 hour ago, Qowyn said:

Another new version. Lesson learned: don't release software while beeing half asleep.

0.2.6 counts tamed creatures obtained by breeding as wild creatures. Reported by @Toni, again.

Changelog:

• Really fixed tamed creature detection
  • Fixed releasing new versions while half asleep

Edit: Data extraction tool fixed, new ark_data.json uploaded for every language at the usual place.

Thx, great work like usual

Just as a heads-up: work on 0.3.0 started last night, new version will bring full support for cloud/cluster files and partial support for working with PlayerLocalData.arkprofile

This will also introduce a new way to get creatures and items into the game without doing a server restart: just write them into the cluster files of a player, go to an obelisk and download creatures/items.

Edit: And another upcoming feature: change the classes of uploaded stuff, this makes it possible to unmod some items and creatures.

0.3.0 is finally finished, but missing some features that require more work, like importing dinos via cluster data.

The new main features are the new cluster and modify commands.

The cluster command reads data from the cluster directory, extracting infos about stored items and creatures.

The modify command requires more explanation, I'll update the wiki on github soon with examples on how to use it. The gist of it: modify requires 3 parameters, input file, modification file and output file. The modification file is a json document containing instructions, for example to add items, to remove items or to transform classes of uploaded dinos (making it possible to unmod valhalla beavers).

Changelog

• New cluster command which extracts data from files in the clusters directory - uploaded items and creatures
  • New commands to convert PlayerLocalData.arkprofile to json and back
  • New command to extract cluster information from PlayerLocalData.arkprofile
  • New command to modify existing .ark* and cluster files, allows converting Valhalla Beavers to normal beavers
  • Extract colors from creatures
  • Extract stats and colors from eggs
  • Create items from scratch

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, McBane said:

This toolset is really awesome. Thank you so much.
Just a little question/feature request:

Is it possible to add the tribeid and/or playerid to the tamed creatures output?
WIthout those IDs I'm not able to reference tamed Dinos precisely to an existing tribe, because the tribe or player name could be exist twice.

Tribe names can't be duplicated.   Unless the tribe is deleted, no one will be able to create a tribe with the same name (on the same server).  Player names can be though

10 hours ago, Gumballz said:

Tribe names can't be duplicated.   Unless the tribe is deleted, no one will be able to create a tribe with the same name (on the same server).  Player names can be though

Oh, OK. Thanks. But as you said. Still the Problem with the PlayerNames.

And now I ran into another Issue. This happens on Server 1 and sometimes on Server 2. But so far never on Server 3.

Server 1
Map: TheIsland
TheIsland.ark => 148 MB
*.arkprofile Files => 2187
*.arktribe Files => 558

Server 2
Map: TheCenter, with Annunaki
TheCenter.ark => 127 MB
*.arkprofile Files => 629
*.arktribe Files => 179

Server 3
Map: ScorchedEarth
ScorchedEarth_P.ark => 57 MB
*.arkprofile Files => 335
*.arktribe Files => 80

java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
        at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:506)
        at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.getInt(DirectByteBuffer.java:681)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkArchive.getInt(ArkArchive.java:163)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkTribe.readBinary(ArkTribe.java:62)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkTribe.<init>(ArkTribe.java:53)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkTribe.<init>(ArkTribe.java:31)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.PlayerListCommands.players(PlayerListCommands.java:103)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.App.main(App.java:112)

This happens with:

ark-tools.sh tribes <SAVE> <DIR> --creatures
ark-tools.sh players <SAVE> <DIR> --no-privacy

However, extracting Dinos is OK:

ark-tools.sh creatures <SAVE> <DIR> --include-untameable

Going to write some real Documentation soon. And add those promised examples for the modification files. As soon as I'm able to escape the devkit, which swallowed me a few days ago.

That BufferUnderflowException happens right at the beginning of the file, meaning the size of the tribe file is 0 bytes. A dead/corrupted file. I'll add some code to handle that.

Archived