ARK Tools v0.6.4 - tools for reading and manipulating ark savegame files

Qowyn

Hi there,

I play strictly solo.  I sent my character and my best Argie to Scorched, tamed/raised a bunch of the critters, including a beloved wyvern. I took a bunch of them to an obelisk to upload them back to my Island. Everything was fine, i loaded up the quetzes I had there, had each of my flyers set to follow one in front, with me riding one of the platform quetzes back to base... for some reason,  half of the flyers vanished and didn't re-spawn when I flew back along the same path. 

When I landed back at the obelisk to see if they went back there, I got off the quetz and called to the dragon.. and it just flew off god knows where... I installed pet finder and it just seems to point to the Pteranodon i'm on.

I have no programming knowledge of any kind.. is it possible for a complete utter noob to use your tool?  If nothing else, I really want to find my Quetz, and Argie that i've had for over 18 months now.  Can this tool point to where they are on the map?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Starrwolff77 said:

Hi there,

I play strictly solo.  I sent my character and my best Argie to Scorched, tamed/raised a bunch of the critters, including a beloved wyvern. I took a bunch of them to an obelisk to upload them back to my Island. Everything was fine, i loaded up the quetzes I had there, had each of my flyers set to follow one in front, with me riding one of the platform quetzes back to base... for some reason,  half of the flyers vanished and didn't re-spawn when I flew back along the same path. 

When I landed back at the obelisk to see if they went back there, I got off the quetz and called to the dragon.. and it just flew off god knows where... I installed pet finder and it just seems to point to the Pteranodon i'm on.

I have no programming knowledge of any kind.. is it possible for a complete utter noob to use your tool?  If nothing else, I really want to find my Quetz, and Argie that i've had for over 18 months now.  Can this tool point to where they are on the map?

1. You have to download the zip file from github and extract it somewhere.

2. You have to install Java (if not already existing)

3. Open cmd --> Cd to the path where you unpacked the zip

4. Execute the Tool with a command like that

start /B /WAIT "" /affinity F0 "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin\java" -Xmx4G -jar ark-tools.jar tamed C:\arkdedicated\ark\ShooterGame\Saved\Saved\TheIsland.ark C:\Scripts\ark\output\tamed\ -p -s --pretty-printing --statistics

All paths in this command needs to be replaced with your paths to java/arkserver/output directory.

21 hours ago, Toni said:

1. You have to download the zip file from github and extract it somewhere.

2. You have to install Java (if not already existing)

3. Open cmd --> Cd to the path where you unpacked the zip

4. Execute the Tool with a command like that

start /B /WAIT "" /affinity F0 "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin\java" -Xmx4G -jar ark-tools.jar tamed C:\arkdedicated\ark\ShooterGame\Saved\Saved\TheIsland.ark C:\Scripts\ark\output\tamed\ -p -s --pretty-printing --statistics

All paths in this command needs to be replaced with your paths to java/arkserver/output directory.

Thank you so much.  I found them all!  :)

Hello! 

I have no knowledge of programming-- I get about as far as running the tool before I'm totally lost. 

I'd like to unmod some Wyverns who were affected by classic fliers, as they are now stuck in my obelisk. I read about a user using this tool to unmod the dinos and it made it possible to pull them out. It's most likely an issue with their movement speed being over the base amount. 

How could I go about doing this? 

2 hours ago, Infelphira said:

It's most likely an issue with their movement speed being over the base amount

I cannot help you with your question, but I don't think the speed is your issue. As far as I know this mod most likley replaces the vanilla wyvern with a modded one. Which means. In your obelisk is a modded dino which represents an own dino class. If something could work, then I would suggest try change the class from the modded dino to the vanilla dino. But I'm not sure if this is possible with those tools.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.10.2017 at 10:04 AM, Infelphira said:

Hello! 

I have no knowledge of programming-- I get about as far as running the tool before I'm totally lost. 

I'd like to unmod some Wyverns who were affected by classic fliers, as they are now stuck in my obelisk. I read about a user using this tool to unmod the dinos and it made it possible to pull them out. It's most likely an issue with their movement speed being over the base amount. 

How could I go about doing this? 

You can't unmod them. A mod dino is an other type of dino than a non mod dino.

Thats exactly the reason why you shouldn't use flyer mods. Better wait till the speed is coming back in vanilla (Confirmed for the TLC dino pass).

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 8:43 AM, Toni said:

You can't unmod them. A mod dino is an other type of dino than a non mod dino.

Thats exactly the reason why you shouldn't use flyer mods. Better wait till the speed is coming back in vanilla (Confirmed for the TLC dino pass).

Reinstall the mod, download the dinos, then save world and uninstall mod.

there seems to be an issue when converting local ark profile data from json back to .arkprofile

I keep getting the following error when I run the j2l parameter of the tool:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at qowyn.ark.ArkLocalProfile.writeBinary(ArkLocalProfile.java:108)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.ConvertingCommands.fromJson(ConvertingCommands.java:123)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.ConvertingCommands.jsonToLocalProfile(ConvertingCommands.java:60)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.App.main(App.java:125)

Hi everyone !

Thanks to @Qowyn, I am able to make use of my save files. But once I extracted the data in json, I don't know how to display them correctly on a website for stats...

Does anyone have any idea on how to make use of those ? I mean displaying them in a user friendly way on website for instance ? I have a website using Wordpress for my tribe but don't know how to use those datas on it.

Any help ?

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Qowyn, thanks for this great tool.

I have a problem when try to list all my tamed dinos:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to load data file ./ark_data.json
        at qowyn.ark.tools.DataManager.loadData(DataManager.java:40)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.CreatureListCommands.listImpl(CreatureListCommands.java:102)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.CreatureListCommands.tamed(CreatureListCommands.java:65)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.App.main(App.java:125)

Using Java x64 8.0.1510.12

I am struggeling to get any outputs for the "tribes" option.

"tamed" and "wild" worked fine to get dino outputs.

But below command only gives me one output file for "tribeless" where there are loads of tribes on this map which are seen fine when running the "tamed" command. Has this stopped working or am I doing something wrong?

H:\Downloads\ark-tools>java -Xmx2G -jar ark-tools.jar tribes H:\Downloads\ark-tools\Ragnarok.ark H:\Downloads\ark-tools\output\tribes\ -p -s --pretty-printing --creatures --tribeless

Need to load map, this may take some time...
Loading map data finished after 7644 ms
Loading tribes and writing info finished after 342 ms
Total time 7986 ms

14 hours ago, TangiblePear said:

I am struggeling to get any outputs for the "tribes" option.

"tamed" and "wild" worked fine to get dino outputs.

But below command only gives me one output file for "tribeless" where there are loads of tribes on this map which are seen fine when running the "tamed" command. Has this stopped working or am I doing something wrong?

H:\Downloads\ark-tools>java -Xmx2G -jar ark-tools.jar tribes H:\Downloads\ark-tools\Ragnarok.ark H:\Downloads\ark-tools\output\tribes\ -p -s --pretty-printing --creatures --tribeless

Need to load map, this may take some time...
Loading map data finished after 7644 ms
Loading tribes and writing info finished after 342 ms
Total time 7986 ms

Use this parameters:

-p -s --pretty-printing --items long --creatures --structures --bases

I think your problem is caused by --tribeless

Edit: And use -Xmx4G because 2G isn't enough if you have big savefiles. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi

it's posible in aberration, export all dinos and structures's of a tribe from a backup, and import again in same  aberration server ?

how can i do this ??.

i have a problem, there are a tribe that lost all dinos / sctructures /items, etc. and I want restore it (only this tribe) from previous backup. 
It's is posible solve this restoring the xxxxxxxx.arktribe file from previous backup?

a lot of thanks.

1 hour ago, docjones said:

hi

it's posible in aberration, export all dinos and structures's of a tribe from a backup, and import again in same  aberration server ?

how can i do this ??.

i have a problem, there are a tribe that lost all dinos / sctructures /items, etc. and I want restore it (only this tribe) from previous backup. 
It's is posible solve this restoring the xxxxxxxx.arktribe file from previous backup?

a lot of thanks.

I can't answer your question, but i can give you some other options. 

If this this dinos / structures / items are lost because they leaved the tribe  (Mostly happens when they are merging tribes in a wrong way), then you can use this command to add the members back to the tribe:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands#ForcePlayerToJoinTargetTribe

This command mostly solves such problems. But i don't know the exact situation you have on your server. 

14 hours ago, Toni said:

I can't answer your question, but i can give you some other options. 

If this this dinos / structures / items are lost because they leaved the tribe  (Mostly happens when they are merging tribes in a wrong way), then you can use this command to add the members back to the tribe:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands#ForcePlayerToJoinTargetTribe

This command mostly solves such problems. But i don't know the exact situation you have on your server. 

thanks but  not that case.
A bad member of one big tribe pick up all structures and kill all dinos,  and i'm asking if width this tool (export from old server backup, and import to current ) can i restore this tribe state/structures/dinos from backup before this happened

thnkx

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case you don't watch the issues of github very often, I added two requrests there:

1. https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools/issues/30

May we get "wandering flag" in the tamed dino export?

2. https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools/issues/32

May we get "demolish timestamps" for structures (and maybe dinos as well) in tribe->structures?

That'll be awesome! 

Cheers

For anyone struggling to run ark-tools or read its output, I've created Larkator which runs ark-tools for you and shows the results on a map. Check it out at https://github.com/coldino/Larkator. You'll still need ark-tools.

Features:

• Find both wild and tamed creatures
  • Filter based on species, gender, min and max levels
  • Show the results on a map with full coordinates
  • Helps you find your lost tames
  • Creature stat-points are shown to help you find that elusive next tame
  • Automatically re-reads your .ark file when it changes

Please keep this thread on topic out of respect for ark-tools. If there is interest, I'll start a thread for Larkator.

Disclaimer: This tool is still very new so may be a little rough around the edges. It also currently only has a map of the Island as this is all I've used it with.

Archived