ARK Tools v0.6.4 - tools for reading and manipulating ark savegame files

Qowyn

Hi Qowyn,

Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone elses. Have used the tool to make a dino map(https://www.ishamael.net/ARKMap/) for my groups server, it updates each day with new data :)

It is far from complete, and has its share of derp (dinos off location slightly.. might be the artwork >.>). But still, would be nowhere if I couldn't get the data in the first place :D

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @Kogadins, you can use this option for parallel processing:

-p, --parallel         If set files will be processed by multiple threads.

Hi @Sorha2, My locations are always spot on, if it's an unsupported map or wrong resolution set up in latLonCalculator.json you can change it. If you do not have latLonCalculator.json run with the latlon command to create one.

Regards
Steven

It is on TheIsland, I am currently using the 'HiRes Map Texture' from the wiki for the time. But if I just straight render lat/lngs onto the map they end up off. 
https://www.ishamael.net/ARKMap/demo.php  (Who choose that default link color...)

Above is a demo page that displays pirhana and some demosaurus each given a grid intersection (10,10. 70,20 etc).
I have some correcting code on by default (button that disables it), that aligns those to the grid. But even with it some poor lil pirhana are just in spots that they can't be. Unless they evolve real fast. Disabled it actually looks better in some areas, worse in others. 

But looking at the 60 Lat dots being on and the 10 and 90Lat being so far off, it feels like it might be that I need new art.. or I have made a colossal derp somewhere :D

If you use a different resolution image you will most likely need to change some settings to get it to display them at their proper coords. I have not looked at that specific map myself so I don't know what you would have to change, but I can assure you the coords from the tool is spot on on all my 5 servers (Island, Scorched, Center, Volcano and Ragnarok)

Best of luck ;)

Am I correct that there is no imprinter_player_id saved in a tamed dino? Only a string (player_name)?

"x":-391241.9375,
        "y":-9738.9326171875,
        "z":-14011.5517578125,
        "lat":49.3,
        "lon":20.1,
        "id":1162797550249342316,
        "tamed":true,
        "team":1279414045,
        "color0":14,
        "color1":31,
        "color2":8,
        "color3":1,
        "color4":52,
        "color5":8,
        "tribe":"Test",
        "tamer":"Test",
        "name":"NiceName",
        "imprinter":"ImANicePlayer",
        "baseLevel":210,
        "wildLevels":{
            "health":37,
            "stamina":41,
            "oxygen":38,
            "food":28,
            "weight":29,
            "melee":36
        },
        "extraLevel":101,
        "fullLevel":311,
        "tamedLevels":{
            "stamina":16,
            "melee":85
        },
        "experience":701309.75,
        "imprintingQuality":1.0
    }

Or is the id simply not extracted?

@Qowyn, with the latest version (the .6 preview), i'm still not able to convert a Json file back to a map.

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Version 7 is unknown and cannot be written in binary form
        at qowyn.ark.ArkSavegame.calculateHeaderSize(ArkSavegame.java:477)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkSavegame.writeBinary(ArkSavegame.java:319)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.ConvertingCommands.jsonToMap(ConvertingCommands.java:66)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.App.main(App.java:120)

Is there possibly another file I need?

On 8/3/2017 at 6:06 AM, TiMoAgE said:

Am I correct that there is no imprinter_player_id saved in a tamed dino? Only a string (player_name)?

"x":-391241.9375,
        "y":-9738.9326171875,
        "z":-14011.5517578125,
        "lat":49.3,
        "lon":20.1,
        "id":1162797550249342316,
        "tamed":true,
        "team":1279414045,
        "color0":14,
        "color1":31,
        "color2":8,
        "color3":1,
        "color4":52,
        "color5":8,
        "tribe":"Test",
        "tamer":"Test",
        "name":"NiceName",
        "imprinter":"ImANicePlayer",
        "baseLevel":210,
        "wildLevels":{
            "health":37,
            "stamina":41,
            "oxygen":38,
            "food":28,
            "weight":29,
            "melee":36
        },
        "extraLevel":101,
        "fullLevel":311,
        "tamedLevels":{
            "stamina":16,
            "melee":85
        },
        "experience":701309.75,
        "imprintingQuality":1.0
    }

Or is the id simply not extracted?

Using that export you can get additional details such as the character number that's imprinted via the export command, for your example.

.\ark-tools.exe export $ArkSaveFile .\saveFileHere.json --dinoid 1162797550249342316 --pretty-print

This will give you more details on your dino in the same folder you're running ark-tools.

Hey, after having an issue with player and tribe in a map I came across this beauty of a tool.

I can't seem to find a way to export a player from a map, rebuild their profile. Not even sure that is possible, what I do know is the profile was not backed up and the tribe info is still there. The map still has the player in it, as I was looking at them asleep on the ground.

Is what I am looking for possible or is it a lost cause.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry helping you to help myself, receiving the following error -

C:\ark-tools>ark-tools.exe wild C:\Ark\Servers\WarpSpeedIsland\ShooterGame\Saved
\SavedArks\TheIsland.ark C:\ark-tools\Island\WildDinos\
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Found unknown Version 8
        at qowyn.ark.ArkSavegame.readBinaryHeader(ArkSavegame.java:178)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkSavegame.readBinary(ArkSavegame.java:140)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkSavegame.<init>(ArkSavegame.java:90)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.CreatureListCommands.listImpl(CreatureListCommands.ja
va:109)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.CreatureListCommands.wild(CreatureListCommands.java:6
7)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.App.main(App.java:117)

Cheers

Stryder

13 hours ago, StriderUk said:

Sorry helping you to help myself, receiving the following error -

C:\ark-tools>ark-tools.exe wild C:\Ark\Servers\WarpSpeedIsland\ShooterGame\Saved
\SavedArks\TheIsland.ark C:\ark-tools\Island\WildDinos\
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Found unknown Version 8
        at qowyn.ark.ArkSavegame.readBinaryHeader(ArkSavegame.java:178)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkSavegame.readBinary(ArkSavegame.java:140)
        at qowyn.ark.ArkSavegame.<init>(ArkSavegame.java:90)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.CreatureListCommands.listImpl(CreatureListCommands.ja
va:109)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.CreatureListCommands.wild(CreatureListCommands.java:6
7)
        at qowyn.ark.tools.App.main(App.java:117)

Cheers

Stryder

Yeah we all get that error message for all the commands. The tools needs to be updated to the newest Savefile Version 8.

7 hours ago, MaeL said:

Hi,

don't know when Qowyn will do it officialy, so here is a patched version of the .jar for v267, I've also inclued a -max-age parameter for the tribes command if you need it (same usage as players -max-age parameter, less tribelogs, huge gain)

https://ufile.io/4d75l

Thanks. May I ask you to share the changes of the source code, which fixed the issue?

12 hours ago, McBane said:

Thanks. May I ask you to share the changes of the source code, which fixed the issue?

changes the saveVersion from 7 to 8 in ark savegame toolkit's source code, then recompile ark-tool with the new ark-savegame-toolkit.jar. The error give you everything you need, filename and lines

9 hours ago, StriderUk said:

Nice mate, any chance of a fix for the ragnarok too ? 

Cheers 

Stryder

I've tried the tool on a Ragnarok server and I didn't have any problem, have you an error log?

/ Necro

Can someone help me out to get this working.

Followed the instructions on the previous thread:

"The easiest would be to unzip ark-tools.zip right there and then create a folder called "dinos". After unzipping you can Shift+Rightclick in the folder and use "Open Commandprompt here...". For the last step you would just need to type one of the following: tamed TheIsland.ark dinos"

Extracted the downloaded folder into SavedArksLocal & created a dino folder

shift+RC, CMD, tamed theisland.ark 

From here, i just get an error in CMD saying "tamed" is not a recognizable command.

Anyone ?

Archived