ARK Tools v0.6.4 - tools for reading and manipulating ark savegame files

Qowyn

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question i was able to export a dino out of the map save edit its stats and import it back in. When you go up to the dino and look at it the stats are as I changed them but soon as you access its inventory the stats revert back to previous stats.This is a dedicated server am I missing a file I also need to edit these stats in alongside the map.ark file ?

New Release 0.5.1 is out.

Changelog:

• Added support for new v3 cluster data format
  • Added LatLong data for Ragnarok and TheVolcano
  • Added type name for uploaded dinos, moved dino data to "data" attribute

@MaeL The support for v3 cluster might fix the modify command, haven't tested that yet.

@CryonX Could you list the steps that you used to modify the dino? Also all stat changes can revert at any time if they are done on the live stats, instead of on the tamed and wild levelups.

Hi Qowyn,

nop, same error as last time

java.lang.NullPointerException
at qowyn.ark.tools.data.ArkItem.toClusterData(ArkItem.java:248)
at qowyn.ark.tools.EditingCommands.modifyClusterData(EditingCommands.java:663)
at qowyn.ark.tools.EditingCommands.modify(EditingCommands.java:566)
at qowyn.ark.tools.App.main(App.java:117)

tried with the example on https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools/wiki/Modification-File

command : ark-tools.exe modify C:/Users/X/Desktop/clusters/[steamid] C:/Users/X/Desktop/arktools/modification.json C:/Users/X/Desktop/clusters/output

First of all, thanks to @Qowyn for the creation of the ark-tools toolset; I have found it extremely useful in the limited time that I've been playing with it.... so useful in fact, that I've done a bit of companion development to go along with it (see below).

Not sure where to post this, but I've been working on a front-end application to display the wild-dino data that is generated from this program.  Its intended purpose (for me) is high-level dino hunting (I play in single player only, so 'cheating' is matter of perspective).

It is currently in the very early revisions, but is functionally usable in its current state.  Project can be found at:    https://github.com/shadowmage45/ArkMapPlot   Currently unlicensed / all-rights-reserved, but will be adding a more liberal license in the near future (GPL or MIT).

wjQWito.png

Includes switchable map selection between The Island and Scorched Earth, with user-creatable configs files to add other maps (and to add Center/Ragnarok if/when I start playing on them) (dino data dumps stored on a per-map basis, and currently must be updated manually with new dumps created by the ark-tools program). 

Select the dino type on the left, and it will display pins on the map for every dino of that type.  Select a specific dino from the list in the middle, and it will highlight that dinos pin on the map (in red).  Dino list is sortable by stats/level/etc.  Map display area supports drag-to-pan and scroll-to-zoom.

Written in C#/.Net (so sadly, probably windows only?), using WPF for GUI and JSON.net library to read/load the wild-dino data files.  If there were any real interest in this being publicly released, I might be willing to port it to Java and SWT/Swing for a more generic cross-platform usability  (my web-coding-fu is very weak, so sorry, no web-apps).

Anyhow, sorry to clutter your thread with this;  if there is any interest in this application being publicly released, I'll work on opening up a thread for it specifically.

Thanks again @Qowyn :)

Thanks a lot for your amazing work so far @Qowyn!

To make all current functions a lot more usable we needed an UI. Congrats to @Shadowmage45 for making a very good looking start on this tool!

Gonna check the thread/githubs daily for updates. Let us (users) know if we can help you in any way. Even if it's just for testing for example.

Needing some assistance!, so i know jack diddly about how to use this and couldn't find any info to help me. i have a corrupted object in my ark world. im hoping that with this tool i can remove it i have the id. everytime the server trys to interact with it, it crashes. server provider has said pretty much tough and we can only wipe. i would like to try to remove it first, before that.

It's not a new release yet so... let's call it a preview. You can get that here: https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools/releases/tag/0.6.0-preview

Noteable changes are the two new commands

• db-drivers: prints a list of detected database drivers and all possible parameters
  • db
    • first parameter is the path to the map save (e.g. TheIsland.ark)
    • second parameter is a path or uri where the driver should write everything to
    • third parameter is optional, not yet implemented and a path to the cluster directory
    • drivers can recieve additional options via --param and/or --config
    • the param --config should point to a .json file containing an object, with each key-value pair being sent to the driver as parameters
    • --config is applied before --param, i.e. --param overrides --config settings

There is one driver integrated into this preview, with the name "json". Using this driver will write a huge JSON file with all info combined (creatures, inventories, items, players, structures, tribes).

Check db-drivers for params of "json", you can change the order of fields, remove fields from getting written at all and make the output explode by writing fields even if they contain nothing or default values.

@Diahard1000 It's possible to remove objects from the save, but it has to be done manually for now. Meaning you would have to convert the save to json, edit the object out and convert it back (using version 6 format because version 7 cannot be written yet). If you send me the file and infos about the crash and the object i could have a look.

8 hours ago, Qowyn said:

@Diahard1000 It's possible to remove objects from the save, but it has to be done manually for now. Meaning you would have to convert the save to json, edit the object out and convert it back (using version 6 format because version 7 cannot be written yet). If you send me the file and infos about the crash and the object i could have a look.

ok its just one forge.

i was thinking of using a hex editor removing it from the hex and then trying.

the forge id is 301492997

add me on steam and i will give you the file. steam is Diahard1000 look at this picture it will make it easy for both of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I was using ark-tools a few days ago to try to track down some issues our server was having. And it worked - I located the source of our performance degradation.

However, when I output tribe data that day, it included a ton of information that seems to no longer be generated and I'm not sure if something changed in the data translation or... ? That day, the tribes json output showed tribe members / roles, recent tribe log, owned items and tribe tames. Now it's only outputting members / roles and recent log. The items and tames are no longer on the report.

Edited to add: I'm using 6.0.

Just now, StevenB said:

did you use the options to include creatures and items then?

--creatures             Include a list of all tamed dinos of the tribe.
--items [summary|long]  Include a list of all items belonging to the tribe.
                          (default: summary)

Regards
Steven

Oh. No, I didn't. I also don't remember using them before but apparently I did. LOL I shouldn't do stuff before a second cup of coffee. Those options aren't listed on the -h help output so in the course of sorting out our server issues, I forgot about them. Thank you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived