PS4 Update: ARK: Survival Evolved & ARK: SotF

Jatheish

6 hours ago, successxx said:

QUOTEYet you said a game not even on PS4 yet is going to be GOTY on PS4. Sure it can be your GOTY.  This game has a long way to go. That's all I was saying. It's littered with issues. QUOTE

Yes it's an opinion.   and even though it has issues, that hasn't stopped tens of thousands of players play ARK SE daily on PC and Xbox One for a year+

So ARK SE is very playable and enjoyable.  it surpasses Rust, 7DtD and H1Z1 Just Survive numbers.  previous week, ARK peaked at 50,000 players.

http://steamcharts.com/app/346110

current 24 peak is 39,297 players, but that's still tons more than most games being played, and ARK is the #1 most played survival game, so it is in better shape than things like H1Z1 Just Survive, that doesn't even do its zombies right.   and DayZ, which has been out years longer but not doing anything.

So ARK SE really is much greater and more cared for and more popular on current platforms.   and has better graphics than Minecraft, DayZ, and Dragon Quest Builders combined.   and considering people still play on Xbox One, the framerate is not too bad either. plus if people find issue with it, there's PS4 Pro

I'm my even sure why you are quoting me at this point. I never said the game was unplayable or not enjoyable. I'm just saying it needs a ton of work. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it a reponse to clarify some things.  obviously ARK requires a lot of updates to reach optimization standards, but as is its still a successful and popular game on PC and XBox One. No point saying something useless like "it needs a lot of work", when the fans that like it enough already put 100s of hours into it.   As far as some fans are concerned, the game is already content filled and stable enough to be worth playing every day in general.   not all agree, but ARK is already better than the nitpickers give credit for.    it is in waaaay better shape than H1Z1 and DayZ combined. 

critics can pick it apart in message boards, but that isn't causing fans that are playing it to stop playing it.  yea there can be complaints about this or that, but the fans that just play the game get more out of it.    negative fans are just going around in circles, while the positive fans just have fun (or are optimistic about the PS4 version). 

Not sure wether this has been picked up here or not.

But: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/25/ps4-version-ark-survival-evolved-passed-certification/

Would seem that we won't have to wait long now if this is true.

Edit: can't seem to get the link to work but it's just a copy paste away then :)

4 hours ago, Kommandantmoller said:

Not sure wether this has been picked up here or not.

But: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/25/ps4-version-ark-survival-evolved-passed-certification/

Would seem that we won't have to wait long now if this is true.

Edit: can't seem to get the link to work but it's just a copy paste away then :)

thanks for the update!!   think there might be an announcement next week, but at some point there will be confirmation when it releases. :)    more signs the floodgates are gonna open soon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived