PS4 Update: ARK: Survival Evolved & ARK: SotF

Jatheish

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, DARRBUGG said:

We have another tweet! Still cryptic. My son and I can't wait to get our hands on this game.

the release date will be revealed when it's ready to announce.   We are still perhaps weeks to a month too early before an actual release date reveal.  it depends how soon it gets approved, how soon it's releasing, and how soon they are allowed to announce a date.   

it is very interesting a 2nd tweet direcly related to the PS4 version.   and PS4 is said 4 times.    the tweet got at least 89 likes, and 40 shares, the developers and fans knows PS4 is the largest potential market for ARK games.  Look how much Minecraft sold and well received Dragon Quest Builders are on PS4, and ARK can make even bigger waves with its higher production values, more customization, depth, immersion, graphics, features, maps, combat, larger players supported per world, etc. etc.   the Xbox One version proves even in early access state, its very playable and enjoyable for people to play daily for 100+ hours and counting.  PS4 is an even larger and more popular international market, not only will north american players jump in, but also, australia, africa, europe, central america, south america, more of asia and beyond.   

when dealing with console companies, even the developers don't know the date until they are on the same page as the console company, so they can schedule and announce accordingly.    I didn't even know something Nebula Realms released on PSN until today, well I wasn't following news of that anyways, but thats an example how there could be announcements even a week or the month something releases. though I'm sure ARK PS4 date announce will be more widespread before the actual date.     

All things in time

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, Subida said:

Will the ps4 version have rentable dedicated servers? 

that's a good question.  how does Xbox One do it?  do they pay through the XBL store?  Ah, I think its easier just joining someone that uses extr aconsole as dedicated server, but I would most likely just play on official servers.  though I might try joining a dedicated server someone hosts if its easy to join and the rules are cool

Xbox players do not have the possibility of renting servers, as I understand it the only alternative option if you'd like to have a private server for you and your family would be to buy another Xbox + subscription and let it host the server.

I really really hope they're gonna address this issue soon for the sake of all the ark console community. My family, friends and I have no interest in the PvP aspect other than amongst ourselfs, it's really a game breaker for most of the people i talk to who love the PVE and building aspect of the game ( I know there's gonna be PVE servers but people will always find a way to ruin it for you ). I'm sure a great deal of people would prefer being able to rent their own servers like you can in other games :)

Does anyone have any new info? Is it still planned to come out in early December?

thanks for answering:)

I haven't heard of consoles renting servers in any other game, though.   I think getting another console and subscription is a good alternative to have a private server on console.  It costs more, but it's worth it for those that really want to play it with private server with their rules and people.

and yes ARK Survival Evolved is coming December 2016, they submitted it and Sony will tell them what week it will release soon.

you can youtube the 40+ minute PS4 gameplay video using these key words:

*FIRST* PS4 ARK SURVIVIAL EVOLVED GAMEPLAY - RELEASE DATE & MORE! (ARK PS4)

here's another video with more confirmation and image of the BEAUTIFUL ARK Survival Evolved icon on the PS4 Home screen

Well i know some of what was mentioned during the Wildcard +30hour stream, watched a lot of it, was merely asking in hopes of some new info since I find it kinda odd that there hasn't been any official release date, if it really were to come out within the next few weeks, don't they usually give the specific date a bit in advance to build the hype and so on? And i know that Battlefield have had rentable servers on consoles :) i must say that I don't think purchasing a new console + subscription and having it running 24/7 is anywhere near a good alternative to renting a private server for 10-15 euro a month. Especially after already having purchased 2 PS4s+subscription and putting money aside to buy 2 ark survival evolved+scorched earth for the household. Our fingers will be crossed for rentable servers :)

Well the archived live stream itself, they said during the video they are waiting for Sony to tell them the week it releases on December 2016, so they can't announce a date until Sony chooses and tells them the day next month it will release on.  I think we may know the exact date sometime this month.  even so I think we will know at least a week a head of time or probably sooner. :)

Strategically, maybe they also want to let the november hype of other games dwindle before hyping ARK PS4 in december so it can be a sleeper hit and be GOTY for a lot of PS4 gamers that didn't even realize ARK is generations greater and more inspirational than its competition. 

ARK really has all the qualities to be an ever greater success than PC and Xbox One, on PS4.  Xbox One community showed they are smart, mature and open minded to look beyond the cons, and appreciate the pros.  and PS4 has potential greater numbers worldwide that would cherish this game.  If Minecraft sold millions on PS4, so can ARK. 

don't want to sound paranoid, but I think rumors and leaks of the release date shouldn't be exposed because:

1. it might get someone fired if there is a accurate release date leak

2. it might get Sony annoyed and they might push the date back being spiteful to those that discovered the date before its announced

3. unconfirmed date wouldn't get the mainstream's attention unless it's announced directly from Sony/WildCard. It's been delayed before, so a rumor date wouldn't really get people motivated since they don't wanna get upset if it's on another date.  So it's not a thing to the mainstream until the info really set in stone.

that being said, if it were to release anytime before the week of december holiday, that could be great timing to generate more sales, though I think the date should be announced this month, before more people already spent their money on other things.  holiday shopping is still done even in december, but to get as much marbles as they can from the Hungry Hungry Hippos competition, it would be good to receive and announce the date sometime this month.

Other games get their date announced before the month they release, and there's still 2 more weeks of this month, so there could be a chance the official date could be solidified, confirmed and announced this month.

Whenever they are ready to do that, the devs, Sony and fans should really promote ARK Survival Evolved and educate the masses so they realize ARK gives them more for their money than anything else, with the greatest single player and multiplayer gameplay and features.   It can be tricky to convince the mainstream hivemind, but it can be done.   Plus there's already a lot of fans on PS4 anticipating it, that 40+ minute gameplay stream sure helped get more interested. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeU11PnEpR8

though yea it helps to inform the masses on everything ARK, all the content, modes, features, offline, online, splitscreen, settings, customization, and also the roadmap being revealed this month, there's a lot everyone can do to get the majority of PS4 gamers interested as well.

Once the date is announced and the floodgates of ARK Survival Evolved PS4 promotions and information spreads across social media, everyone on PS4 will become aware of its existence, especially the second anything ARK SE appears on PSN Store.    I'm not sure if it will have preorder, but something there before release, could get more interested sooner and save up for it.   but even if it doesn't appear on PSN Store until the day it releases, from the point they announced the specific date, all the way through release, all sources should promote and inform about ARK SE on PS4.   there's a lot that can be done with youtube, twitter, and facebook that can get the word out faster without needing to pay for advertising.  Though I think if they saved SOTF prize money for PS4 ARK advertising on certain sites, maybe PSN blog in particular, http://blog.us.playstation.com/   they could help increase PS4 ARK's launch sales even more and dominate December competition. 

Hey guys

About the possible rentable/PC servers for Ps4 -  

During the Seattle Wildcard livestream other people and myself asked about it several times and i didn't think the question got answered but i looked through a lot of the stream footage again just to be sure and it turns out that they responded to it during the last gameplay reveal :):)   (Around 15:26) https://www.twitch.tv/survivetheark/v/99579685?t=926s

For those who can't/didn't watch the video the response was basically:

PC servers for Ps4 might be pretty easy, i gotta talk to our network engineer about that. We don't have to go through quite as many hoops for security reasons as we do on Xbox so I think we're gonna be able to more easily add an entire domain, it may not ever be entirely like so you can host a server on any computer but we might be able to partner up with some of the authorized third party server host.

well seems like they are looking into it.   though they should make sure to release ARK Survival Evolved PS4 version in december 2016, we shouldn't have something that isn't essential to playing the game cause an excuse to push it again. :)  they can add whatever they can afterwards after they make it playable on PS4 first.   most people are gonna play on dedicated official servers anyways, if they later expand to other types of servers people can choose from, that is a plus, but it shouldn't hold back the launch

1 hour ago, Foreverok1 said:

Guys make sure to repost if they made an offical release thought it have been 2 weeks and no offical release.... Im just wondering if sony delayed again? And the developers wont answer when i ever ask about ps4 news.. 

Discovered something EXTREMELY INTERESTING!!  but can't say it.    if it's true, I would say just wait like about 2 weeks. :) if there's still no news, then you can panic, but wow this is starting to make sense why its possible in the first place for it to release on December 2016 as a early access build game on PS4.

If that is the case, there's gonna be a MAJOR wake up whiplash from the PS4 crowds in ARK SE's favor.    ^.^  and the announcement can be VERY VERY surprising and interesting.  So it's actually good its covered up until last minute, because that allows the november hype of other games to drop, and the ARK SE will totally take over next month!!   all those GOTY awards being thrown around are premature.   things are coming together for ARK SE to be the true GOTY on PS4, even if the mainstream media are paid by competitors to look the other way, potentially millions of PS4 gamers will choose ARK Survival Evolved instead as their game of the year/generation. 

the wait seems long, but december is around the corner, news will start appearing eventually at some point this year.   and it doesn't matter what launches at the tail of this month, ARK release on PS4 is gonna get EVERYONE's attention for sure.    even if not immediately, ARK Survival Evolved is well on its way gathering interest as December progresses and people get tired of the overhyped november games.  so it's really in ARK Survival Evolved's favor.   ARK outlasted everything else that launched in 2015, and will outlast everything else that launches in 2016.   next week December is going to start beginning.   so the floodgates will start appearing eventually.  I think there might be an announcement later next week.  it depends how accurate the sources are,  but if it is, then there's a winning combination that is going to surprise the whole PS4 community overall in really good ways

the current silence can be proof of that.  it doesnt make sense to let people know about it too soon, because they want to time things and let the november competitors run dry. people are gonna be looking for the next major thing and ARK Survival Evolved will be there for PS4 community. at this rate, PS4 version could really become the most popular platform for ARK, and perhaps the largest ARK community as well.  Xbox One showed how console can appreciate this timeless masterpiece, and PS4 would be excited about it even greater!!  I think a lot of Minecraft and DQ Builders fans will move to ARK as well.  and all sorts of different gamers.

2 hours ago, successxx said:

the wait seems long, but december is around the corner, news will start appearing eventually at some point this year.   and it doesn't matter what launches at the tail of this month, ARK release on PS4 is gonna get EVERYONE's attention for sure.    even if not immediately, ARK Survival Evolved is well on its way gathering interest as December progresses and people get tired of the overhyped november games.  so it's really in ARK Survival Evolved's favor.   ARK outlasted everything else that launched in 2015, and will outlast everything else that launches in 2016.   next week December is going to start beginning.   so the floodgates will start appearing eventually.  I think there might be an announcement later next week.  it depends how accurate the sources are,  but if it is, then there's a winning combination that is going to surprise the whole PS4 community overall in really good ways

the current silence can be proof of that.  it doesnt make sense to let people know about it too soon, because they want to time things and let the november competitors run dry. people are gonna be looking for the next major thing and ARK Survival Evolved will be there for PS4 community. at this rate, PS4 version could really become the most popular platform for ARK, and perhaps the largest ARK community as well.  Xbox One showed how console can appreciate this timeless masterpiece, and PS4 would be excited about it even greater!!  I think a lot of Minecraft and DQ Builders fans will move to ARK as well.  and all sorts of different gamers.

I completely agree. Ark is going to do huge things on the PS4. There's not much competition right now, and even what there is won't hold up for much longer; especially against a game like Ark. The potential is monumental, and seeing people that have played since release on PC and Xbox that still enjoy and play the game on a daily basis, is really encouraging. 

Ark will rock Sony's socks. Get ready. 

8 hours ago, Rickyh24 said:

lol goty. Probably getting a little ahead of yourself. They don't hand goty to games that look and run like ark does in its current state. 

GOTY is a personal decision, though.  It is irritating how the media want to profit and get attention from promoting their opinion as the "definitive opinion" or something like that.  Not everyone is going to agree on any source's game of the year pick.  It's a personal choice what is GOTY to oneself.   no one can decide that for us.  one source's GOTY could be a useless and pointless game to people that disagree.  so there's no universal GOTY.   they can do majority polls and nominations, but that really does not substitute personal choice.   the opinions of "they" have nothing to do with our choices, nominations, preferences and GOTY choice. 

3 hours ago, successxx said:

GOTY is a personal decision, though.  It is irritating how the media want to profit and get attention from promoting their opinion as the "definitive opinion" or something like that.  Not everyone is going to agree on any source's game of the year pick.  It's a personal choice what is GOTY to oneself.   no one can decide that for us.  one source's GOTY could be a useless and pointless game to people that disagree.  so there's no universal GOTY.   they can do majority polls and nominations, but that really does not substitute personal choice.   the opinions of "they" have nothing to do with our choices, nominations, preferences and GOTY choice. 

Yet you said a game not even on PS4 yet is going to be GOTY on PS4. Sure it can be your GOTY.  This game has a long way to go. That's all I was saying. It's littered with issues. 

It's stupid how some people are saying that it won't coome out until early 2017. It's had so much success on PC and Xbox One so, why can't they just give it to us a few months before. It would be good to get it at christmas for a gift, but Sony have to make their decision, so it's up to them. Thank you for reading this.

QUOTEYet you said a game not even on PS4 yet is going to be GOTY on PS4. Sure it can be your GOTY.  This game has a long way to go. That's all I was saying. It's littered with issues. QUOTE

Yes it's an opinion.   and even though it has issues, that hasn't stopped tens of thousands of players play ARK SE daily on PC and Xbox One for a year+

So ARK SE is very playable and enjoyable.  it surpasses Rust, 7DtD and H1Z1 Just Survive numbers.  previous week, ARK peaked at 50,000 players.

http://steamcharts.com/app/346110

current 24 peak is 39,297 players, but that's still tons more than most games being played, and ARK is the #1 most played survival game, so it is in better shape than things like H1Z1 Just Survive, that doesn't even do its zombies right.   and DayZ, which has been out years longer but not doing anything.

So ARK SE really is much greater and more cared for and more popular on current platforms.   and has better graphics than Minecraft, DayZ, and Dragon Quest Builders combined.   and considering people still play on Xbox One, the framerate is not too bad either. plus if people find issue with it, there's PS4 Pro

There is a new community on PS4 called Ark: Survival Evolved Wicked Community so when the game releases we can all get together and enjoy the Majesty that is ARK.

Also  from what I hear will the game be at the same update/patch level as PC or a few days/weeks behind. I know in the stream they said that they want to release patches/updates at the same time for all platforms, and I can't wait to hear any news on the release date of the game but it is in sonys hands.

Archived