PS4 Update: ARK: Survival Evolved & ARK: SotF

Jatheish

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Either means an announcement or release is approaching, or it is just to reassure people that it is still coming to PS4.

well it makes sense it's still coming to PS4, they sure don't wanna miss out on the millions they could be making on PS4.

Minecraft is still one of the highest selling games on PS4, and in the top 10 best selling PS4 downloads of September 2016. Dragon Quest Builders also appears to be getting positive reviews and perhaps more sales than expected.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/12/playstation-store-septembers-top-downloads/

and ARK Survival Evolved is greater and more valuable than all PS4 games combined, current and upcoming.

To cancel a PS4 version of ARK is like sealing the tunnel to a gold mine that's much larger than PC and Xbox One's gold mines.  Business wise and sanity wise, it's backwards to not make PS4 version of ARK happen and available for all PS4 players to play.

Studio Wildcard already seen the overwhelming spike of sales and active users on Xbox One, now imagine on a more successful and internationally popular platform, which is the Playstation 4.   :)

Perhaps Sony loosening up their policities may be true, which may have influenced that tweet to signal that perhaps the floodgates have opened, and ARK SE is going to be accepted on PS4 as an early access game.   Or maybe finalizing the content is getting closer, so either way, early access build or optimized build, ARK Survival Evolved and ARK Survival of the Fittest are coming to PS4 within 2016 or 2017.   but yes it makes sense for the devs to be making money on ARK on PS4 asap and PS4 gamers being able to play it on PS4.  PC and Xbox One already proven that ARK is a very playable and enjoyable game even as is.  So no sense missing out on that.    PS4 has over 40,000,000 units sold, and with no major survival mmo competition on PS4, ARK can really become a new playstation tradition and demanded genre on PS4 with ARK Survival Evolved setting the standard.

on a side note, I think we as PS4 gamers really should put some effort requesting ARK Survival Evolved on Sony twitter, Playstation twitter and other sources

https://twitter.com/PlayStation

https://twitter.com/Sony

https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation/

https://www.facebook.com/Sony/

https://www.facebook.com/SonyPlaystation/

any other suggested sources?    We could maybe even start some # trend like maybe #WeWantARKSurvivalEvolvedonPS4  or something like that. and our twitter and facebook messages could give valid reasons and point out how active and well received ARK SE is on PC and Xbox One.  

And we could convince Sony of the fact that if they postpone accepting ARK SE early access on PS4, then more people are going to buy Xbox One instead.  So competitive wise, Sony sure don't wanna miss out, and we can point out how lesser games like 7 Days to Die got away with being sold on PS4, yet its content and quality is inferior to ARK games. 

So there's lots of ways the communities can push Sony to accept ARK games on PS4 much sooner.   Sending one ARK Survival Evolved request per day or week, and the more people that do it on Sony/Playstation facebook and twitters, the more aware they will be in the demand and value and playability of ARK.

1 hour ago, successxx said:

well it makes sense it's still coming to PS4, they sure don't wanna miss out on the millions they could be making on PS4.

Minecraft is still one of the highest selling games on PS4, and in the top 10 best selling PS4 downloads of September 2016. Dragon Quest Builders also appears to be getting positive reviews and perhaps more sales than expected.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/12/playstation-store-septembers-top-downloads/

and ARK Survival Evolved is greater and more valuable than all PS4 games combined, current and upcoming.

To cancel a PS4 version of ARK is like sealing the tunnel to a gold mine that's much larger than PC and Xbox One's gold mines.  Business wise and sanity wise, it's backwards to not make PS4 version of ARK happen and available for all PS4 players to play.

Studio Wildcard already seen the overwhelming spike of sales and active users on Xbox One, now imagine on a more successful and internationally popular platform, which is the Playstation 4.   :)

Perhaps Sony loosening up their policities may be true, which may have influenced that tweet to signal that perhaps the floodgates have opened, and ARK SE is going to be accepted on PS4 as an early access game.   Or maybe finalizing the content is getting closer, so either way, early access build or optimized build, ARK Survival Evolved and ARK Survival of the Fittest are coming to PS4 within 2016 or 2017.   but yes it makes sense for the devs to be making money on ARK on PS4 asap and PS4 gamers being able to play it on PS4.  PC and Xbox One already proven that ARK is a very playable and enjoyable game even as is.  So no sense missing out on that.    PS4 has over 40,000,000 units sold, and with no major survival mmo competition on PS4, ARK can really become a new playstation tradition and demanded genre on PS4 with ARK Survival Evolved setting the standard.

on a side note, I think we as PS4 gamers really should put some effort requesting ARK Survival Evolved on Sony twitter, Playstation twitter and other sources

any other suggested sources?    We could maybe even start some # trend like maybe #WeWantARKSurvivalEvolvedonPS4  or something like that. and our twitter and facebook messages could give valid reasons and point out how active and well received ARK SE is on PC and Xbox One.  

And we could convince Sony of the fact that if they postpone accepting ARK SE early access on PS4, then more people are going to buy Xbox One instead.  So competitive wise, Sony sure don't wanna miss out, and we can point out how lesser games like 7 Days to Die got away with being sold on PS4, yet its content and quality is inferior to ARK games. 

So there's lots of ways the communities can push Sony to accept ARK games on PS4 much sooner.   Sending one ARK Survival Evolved request per day or week, and the more people that do it on Sony/Playstation facebook and twitters, the more aware they will be in the demand and value and playability of ARK.

I'm down. #PS4RK 

G-get it... 'cause the '4' kinda looks like an 'A', haha...

Seriously, though, I'd think we would contact them with any means we could. If they've got a tumblr, send them some asks. Twitter, like you said, of course. Email if it comes down to it. We'd need to make a big show of it, though, and I think the biggest we could get is a hashtag or an Ark presence at any Sony press conference or the like. Maybe some journalists in the community could bring up the topic in interviews? 

8 hours ago, successxx said:

We absolutely should bombard Sony with requests to bring Ark sooner. They already felt the pressure when players demanded mods for Skyrim Remastered & Fallout 4. Sony finally gave in and agreed to allow mods (even though the mods must only contain in-game assets, so it's kinda pointless). If fans put pressure on them, they will crack. They are nothing without their customers and it's up to their customers to remind them.

Personally, it doesn't really make a difference for me, because after Sony pulled that crap with the mods, and now denying Early Access to Ark, I've already grown tired of their BS and I've started making payments toward an Xbox One. Days Gone will be the last game I buy for Ps4. They don't seem to care about their customers, so I refuse to give them my business. However, there are still Ps4 players who are waiting to play Ark and I will continue to fight to bring it to Ps4 ASAP so that they can enjoy it.

#ArkForPs4

14 hours ago, ih8u90 said:

We absolutely should bombard Sony with requests to bring Ark sooner. They already felt the pressure when players demanded mods for Skyrim Remastered & Fallout 4. Sony finally gave in and agreed to allow mods (even though the mods must only contain in-game assets, so it's kinda pointless). If fans put pressure on them, they will crack. They are nothing without their customers and it's up to their customers to remind them.

Personally, it doesn't really make a difference for me, because after Sony pulled that crap with the mods, and now denying Early Access to Ark, I've already grown tired of their BS and I've started making payments toward an Xbox One. Days Gone will be the last game I buy for Ps4. They don't seem to care about their customers, so I refuse to give them my business. However, there are still Ps4 players who are waiting to play Ark and I will continue to fight to bring it to Ps4 ASAP so that they can enjoy it.

#ArkForPs4

I think it's too soon to get a Xbox One.  there's still the announced ARK launch holiday season, and on top of that, Microsoft probably has a year console exclusive contract, so the devs can't even say anything about PS4 version updates until December, which would be about a year after Xbox One got the game.  So that contract stuff is important so they don't get sued, so it's understandable if nothing is said until December.  but I would say if this year there's no PS4 announcements/updates/date when it comes to PS4, then maybe some could get a Xbox One if they're that desperate.  

but I think either way, ARK SE is going to come to PS4 as soon as it gets content finalized and optimized, or sooner if Sony cracks and accepts it on PS4 to release within the next 5 months.  

if it takes longer, maybe H1Z1 KOTK will release on PS4 by then, but one way or another the devs can get ARK on PS4 at some point.   there isn't an endless list of things they are going to add.  the alpha phase is only going to last a couple more months unless they stop caring and go the DayZ route with it.  

in the meantime fans can still send ARK requests to Sony and Playstation twitter and facebook, and the more people do it, the more they'll likely accept it sooner.   though at the sametime, speaking about the contract, if the devs originally planned to release SE and SOTF back in June and July, maybe their xbox One contract was already over.  well who knows about that. 

On 10/13/2016 at 9:24 AM, successxx said:

I think it's too soon to get a Xbox One.  there's still the announced ARK launch holiday season, and on top of that, Microsoft probably has a year console exclusive contract, so the devs can't even say anything about PS4 version updates until December, which would be about a year after Xbox One got the game.  So that contract stuff is important so they don't get sued, so it's understandable if nothing is said until December.  but I would say if this year there's no PS4 announcements/updates/date when it comes to PS4, then maybe some could get a Xbox One if they're that desperate.  

but I think either way, ARK SE is going to come to PS4 as soon as it gets content finalized and optimized, or sooner if Sony cracks and accepts it on PS4 to release within the next 5 months.  

if it takes longer, maybe H1Z1 KOTK will release on PS4 by then, but one way or another the devs can get ARK on PS4 at some point.   there isn't an endless list of things they are going to add.  the alpha phase is only going to last a couple more months unless they stop caring and go the DayZ route with it.  

in the meantime fans can still send ARK requests to Sony and Playstation twitter and facebook, and the more people do it, the more they'll likely accept it sooner.   though at the sametime, speaking about the contract, if the devs originally planned to release SE and SOTF back in June and July, maybe their xbox One contract was already over.  well who knows about that. 

Well I'm not buying an Xbox One just because of Ark. It's definitely a contributing factor, but there are other reasons as well. Sony has become too greedy and uptight. They've made it quite clear that Xbox One is the better console to have simply because there are less limitations with Microsoft. I originally chose because PlayStation consoles were more sturdy, and I didn't want to have to pay to play online. Unfortunately, Sony began charging to play online, and the Xbox One seems just as sturdy as a Ps4.

Knowing what I know now, I definitely chose the wrong console.

I suppose it's possible that a contract is to blame here. It wouldn't be the first time. But that doesn't change the fact that Xbox One players are able to once again enjoy something while Ps4 players are forced to wait for. Not to mention the fact that Xbox players have the option to pay $30 for the game while it's in Early Access, where as Ps4 players have to wait for it to be finished and at full price. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying full price. Wildcard deserves every cent for working hard on an incredible game, I'm just pointing out another example of the benefits of having an Xbox One.

I dunno about too greedy and uptight when Sony is the only company with mmorpgs like Final Fantasy XIV, and microsoft has yet to be flexible to allow high production value japanese mmorpg like that on their platform, and this is years after Xbox One launched and microsoft still doesn't have games like FFXIV, while PS4 got it day one when 2.0 launched (the reboot of the mmorpg)

for accepting a subscription fee based mmorpg on their console, knowing playstation plus is not required at all, I wouldn't say Sony is greedy.   and FFXIV meets optimization standards, so Sony is just uptight about quality assurance, although there are some loopholes some exploit to get their early access games on there sooner.

I think it's just crazy to buy a Xbox One when someone already has a PS4.  I mean its understandable if 2017 wooshes and still no PS4 version up,  but xbox one really does have a sorry selection of games compared to PS4, plus its network is probably less secure with microsoft having history of spying and stuff.  of course no matter the platform, people shouldn't put their information nor their credit card stuff online for games, or game services,  anyways PS4 and X1 have prepaid cards buyable at the store, so there's that.

yeah, getting Xbox One now means playing ARK SE now, but it's gonna be more worthwhile on PS4 when it arrives, especially with even Xbox One community kind of dropping interest, while PS4 crowds have yet to savor the ARK experience.  :)     So in the long run first impressions will be better on PS4 and PS4 does outnumber X1 in overall community activities.  

if PS4 is the leading platform in Star Wars Battlefront online, surpassing PC and X1, imagine ARK Survival Evolved and SOTF.

Also as for the PS4 site removing the ARK page, I think they did that because maybe there are going to open a early access section later, or update the page so that people get accurate advertising about ARK being an early access game, so people don't mistaken it for a optimized/finalized game.  so they could inform people about its alpha phase,  so covering their bases, they can allow ARK on PS4 with proper presentation to how Sony details ARK on their site.

21 hours ago, DemonLordCronos said:

So 2 weeks after a tweet of the ps4 logo and what have we heard NOTHING.

like it was speculated. if the devs have a 1 year contract deal with microsoft due to the Xbox One early access promotion stuff, they probably can't announce anything about the PS4 version until december.

I would say december would be the tipping point on what the status of the PS4 version is at .

I think it launched on Xbox One december 16, 2015 then.    the upcoming global launch of ARK this holiday season could reveal more info about PS4 version.

Killing Floor 2 is launching on PS4 in November 2016,

so that could be a good sign that ARK SE on PS4 could be coming within the next couple months.

for the official twitter to show PS4 logo, ARK Survival Evolved might be approved by Sony sooner.   with their change of mods and other things, they could be more accepting of ARK SE as is.

and wasn't Paragon technically early access on PS4?   ARK SE PS4 version probably got more optimized on PS4 so it could come sooner.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:07 AM, successxx said:

I dunno about too greedy and uptight when Sony is the only company with mmorpgs like Final Fantasy XIV, and microsoft has yet to be flexible to allow high production value japanese mmorpg like that on their platform, and this is years after Xbox One launched and microsoft still doesn't have games like FFXIV, while PS4 got it day one when 2.0 launched (the reboot of the mmorpg)

for accepting a subscription fee based mmorpg on their console, knowing playstation plus is not required at all, I wouldn't say Sony is greedy.   and FFXIV meets optimization standards, so Sony is just uptight about quality assurance, although there are some loopholes some exploit to get their early access games on there sooner.

I think it's just crazy to buy a Xbox One when someone already has a PS4.  I mean its understandable if 2017 wooshes and still no PS4 version up,  but xbox one really does have a sorry selection of games compared to PS4, plus its network is probably less secure with microsoft having history of spying and stuff.  of course no matter the platform, people shouldn't put their information nor their credit card stuff online for games, or game services,  anyways PS4 and X1 have prepaid cards buyable at the store, so there's that.

yeah, getting Xbox One now means playing ARK SE now, but it's gonna be more worthwhile on PS4 when it arrives, especially with even Xbox One community kind of dropping interest, while PS4 crowds have yet to savor the ARK experience.  :)     So in the long run first impressions will be better on PS4 and PS4 does outnumber X1 in overall community activities.  

if PS4 is the leading platform in Star Wars Battlefront online, surpassing PC and X1, imagine ARK Survival Evolved and SOTF.

Also as for the PS4 site removing the ARK page, I think they did that because maybe there are going to open a early access section later, or update the page so that people get accurate advertising about ARK being an early access game, so people don't mistaken it for a optimized/finalized game.  so they could inform people about its alpha phase,  so covering their bases, they can allow ARK on PS4 with proper presentation to how Sony details ARK on their site.

As I said, it's not just for Ark, that I've decided to switch to Xbox. Sony doesn't care about their customers anymore. Maybe if they lose some business, it might open their eyes again.

20 hours ago, ih8u90 said:

As I said, it's not just for Ark, that I've decided to switch to Xbox. Sony doesn't care about their customers anymore. Maybe if they lose some business, it might open their eyes again.

having flaws in their early access policy doesn't mean they don't care.   having the greatest 3rd party developers support internationally from all kinds of developers, more so than Xbox One, goes to show Sony does care.  also the occasional DDoS attacks goes to show how jealous and bitter its enemies are towards PS4's prosperity and success and activity going on.

but unoptimized games and Quality Assurance is a fine line that not everyone gets a green light to sell their ea game on their console.  the tweet this month could be a sign of Sony becoming more flexible, but probably no launch until december. 

if they actually bring ARK SE to PS4 this holiday season, are you going to say that Sony does care?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DemonLordCronos said:

I see both sides of this debate and both are equally valid, however would it kill WC to give us more info 

Maybe they can't if they have a contract with Microsoft? I'm not saying they have, but things aren't always as straight forward as you might think they are. I'm sure there is a very good reason why no official statement has been made yet.

9 hours ago, successxx said:

having flaws in their early access policy doesn't mean they don't care.   having the greatest 3rd party developers support internationally from all kinds of developers, more so than Xbox One, goes to show Sony does care.  also the occasional DDoS attacks goes to show how jealous and bitter its enemies are towards PS4's prosperity and success and activity going on.

but unoptimized games and Quality Assurance is a fine line that not everyone gets a green light to sell their ea game on their console.  the tweet this month could be a sign of Sony becoming more flexible, but probably no launch until december. 

if they actually bring ARK SE to PS4 this holiday season, are you going to say that Sony does care?

No. I will stand by my statement. However, I will say that if Sony does care, they're not very bright.

They are supposed to be competing with Microsoft. Both Ps4 and Xbox players were told that mods will be playable on their consoles. Xbox was (as always) first to have access to these mods. Ps4 players patiently waited while mods were being rubbed in their faces by the Xbox players... No word from Sony for months. The only info we received was from Bethesda who pretty much stated that Sony was giving them a hard time about it. After enough disgruntled Ps4 players complained, Sony finally cracks and allows mods on Ps4... But only in-game assets are allowed. Limiting ps4 players to the most boring, pointless mods. Sony gives no reasoning behind these limitations. Heck, they may not have any reason other than being snoods. I wouldn't know because they don't care enough to explain it.

Then comes Ark. Xbox players are (again) the first of the two to get their hands on this game. Again, ps4 players sit on the sideline and watch PC and Xbox gamers enjoy this great game, while ps4 players get delay after delay. Yet again, Sony has nothing to say to their players. We can assume it's because they want all their games to be optimized before making it to their console, but I personally find that to be a piss poor excuse. I actually prefer all games from great to crappy to be released. It should be up to the players to do research into a game before purchasing it. Take "7 Days to Die" for example. I did my research on that. Read reviews, watched videos... I knew the disaster that everyone claimed that game was, but luckily it was left as my decision whether or not I should buy it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite its flaws. 

Less restrictions is much better in my opinion. What was Sony's motto? Power to the players? Why are they taking it away? How do we have the power if they feel they should make all of our decisions for us. Don't take away from good gamers because you're worried that too many of us are too dumb to be aware of what we are purchasing. Simply make it EXTREMELY obvious that a game is still in alpha. If people still get mad that the game isn't perfect, it's their own fault.

If the ps4 announcement/date appears in december, then it could be said that it may be a year long contract after all.   not necessarily a timed exclusive, but contract agreements that doesn't allow the developer to promote the PS4 version until that agreement is over.  

I don't know about the June and July case,  maybe Sony didn't approve them, or maybe they weren't even submitted to sony, or microsoft caught the attempt to bring it to PS4 sooner and then that's why the games were pulled from summer release.    I dont think it's plainly sony's fault.   even though some ea games slide, sony is not comfortable with early access games.   

I dont trust what bethesda says, because they get away with a lot of things, and its known they are biased and pick microsoft as their favorite business partner.  its strange xbox has mod support, but their policies have prevented games like FFXIV on their console because microsoft wants a % of the subscription profit. 

sony may not be very bright, but microsoft is even dumber in more categories, and a big reason they flop at making it big internationally, and microsoft and its mainstream followers are somewhat racist, making foreign games have a harder time making sales on a xbox console compared to playstation.   I think Bethesda is somewhat racist, especially picking xbox (an american console) over playstation (a japanese console) as their favorite and give the xbox version of their ElderScrolls and other games red carpet treatment on xbox console, even knowing that PS4 is defeating Xbox One globally.  bethesda never put as much care into the playstation version of their games.   And all that backpedalling microsoft did since xbox one was even first revealed.    they were better during Xbox360 but that's because PS3 had a unfriendly OS that developers despised, so that caused an exodus of even foreign developers to try the xbox market.   we know xbox buys time exclusives and things like that.  

sony can be greedy too, but we know currently there is a microsoft a strategy to get more to buy xbox one before PS4 floodgates open for ARK. no one has to be an expert to know that ARK games are much more likely to sell more on PS4 than PC and Xbox One platforms combined (or a little more than xbox One).   of course timing and media reviews/reception are other factors,  but PS4 has the dominant current console global market, while xbox One is pretty much only relevant in america and maybe europe.  

if that's the case about that strategy, than the silence these months until maybe december, could really what's keeping from more news coming out.  october is almost over, then there's november.  I think there's really no cause for bitter attitudes unless this year goes by without any solid updates on PS4 ARK.    if december rolls through with no release date, or no updates on the status, then maybe it's really only Sony that's keeping it from launching on PS4. 

however.  even if ARK is not allowed as alpha, ARK is still progressing, eventually it will move to optimization phase, and eventually it will come to PS4 anyways, better than ever, and that would make purchasing a PC or Xbox One just wasted money since ARK is gonna be much enjoyable on PS4, and PS4 is the greatest console to date.

On October 25, 2016 at 11:06 AM, EntwinnedPuppet said:

Lol finally, i been doin that since ark's release last year, they let paragon have an early access spot.. the game is absolute poop compared to an unoptimised ark.. and paragon got pushed in...

you made that point across to Sony about Paragon?  more of the Sony/PS4 should made made aware of it.  Also, people against early access ARK on PS4 are mostly lurkers from the PC, xbox and nintendo communities that don't want PS4 gamers to have greater fun sooner.     I would say a lot of PS4 gamers would approve of ARK early access on PS4.   ARK is a proven playable and stable enough game for a lot of people to clock 100+ hours playing it, a lot more than the majority of $60 games that collect dust within a day or week. 

perhaps ps4 ark community has to get more organized like operation suzaku to get sony's attention.  numbers do influence company decisions.

whether they listen or not, either way, ARK is coming to PS4, however, with the teaser tweet could hint it migth have gotten approval with Sony's slight change in policies, or maybe it's a rally tweet, either way, ps4 gamers could insist on Sony allowing ARK playable on PS4 this holiday season since they allowed Paragon in its current state.

There is a lot going on here concerning delays to the PS4 port to address - so I will go point by point:

The lawsuit - It was reported in April that the lawsuit with Trendy Entertainment was settled.  That was long before they slipped the release date so it is unlikely to be related.

The network connection - Sony pushes PlayStationPlus and requires it for networked games.  The negotiations over using that mechanism are clearly going to be an issue since the game already runs on other platforms without it.  That SONY will require this and will be unwilling to share any generated profits is highly likely.  We have zero details so far so...

The aggregator - PlaystationStore vs. Steam.  'nuff said?  No?  Then simply put - they are competitors.  It muddys/bloodys the water.

The Performance - I keep asking myself why SONY won't let them pre-release an unfinished game.  No Man's Sky is one reason maybe.  But I keep comparing WARFRAME in my mind - which continues to get massive upgrades and regular smaller patches to this day.  Paragon too has been mentioned above.  They are still regularly releasing playable heroes.  So the answer is likely to be PERFORMANCE.  The game is nothing like optimized.  You need a very well outfitted PC indeed to play properly.  15FPS isn't going to cut it on consoles and the rate still bobs up & down after patches.

It concerns me greatly that they haven't provided any updates on the PS4 release schedule.  Hopefully we will have some news in a week or so.

14 minutes ago, StrangeSofa said:

There is a lot going on here concerning delays to the PS4 port to address - so I will go point by point:

The lawsuit - It was reported in April that the lawsuit with Trendy Entertainment was settled.  That was long before they slipped the release date so it is unlikely to be related.

The network connection - Sony pushes PlayStationPlus and requires it for networked games.  The negotiations over using that mechanism are clearly going to be an issue since the game already runs on other platforms without it.  That SONY will require this and will be unwilling to share any generated profits is highly likely.  We have zero details so far so...

The aggregator - PlaystationStore vs. Steam.  'nuff said?  No?  Then simply put - they are competitors.  It muddys/bloodys the water.

The Performance - I keep asking myself why SONY won't let them pre-release an unfinished game.  No Man's Sky is one reason maybe.  But I keep comparing WARFRAME in my mind - which continues to get massive upgrades and regular smaller patches to this day.  Paragon too has been mentioned above.  They are still regularly releasing playable heroes.  So the answer is likely to be PERFORMANCE.  The game is nothing like optimized.  You need a very well outfitted PC indeed to play properly.  15FPS isn't going to cut it on consoles and the rate still bobs up & down after patches.

It concerns me greatly that they haven't provided any updates on the PS4 release schedule.  Hopefully we will have some news in a week or so.

interesting points.  But I think considering the hundreds of companies with online in their games (including Overwatch) that are ok with Playstation Plus, and ok with using Sony servers for their games, Wildcard could do something similiar for ARK, but doesn't Xbox One run on Wildcard's own servers? 

either way, look at Final Fantasy XIV, that runs on its own universal servers that allows PC and PS4 to play together, it has its own fee, and doesn't require PS+.

Minecraft I think uses servers independent from PC, so it does require PS+ for online co-op, but still very playable on PS4.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-09-ark-survival-evolved-has-already-generated-usd10-million

" "80 percent of the main game is done, with hundreds of hours of gameplay there already. It's just down to balancing and feedback from the players. If all goes well we may even add more content once the community gets their hands on the mod tools. More on that later,"

" My pet peeve is the 'when it's done' mentality. This is usually a result of bad planning, lack of vision, or both. If you don't know when your project is going to ship you have problems. "

" so much content and still a year to go before our final launch on PC and Consoles." "

article posted: Tuesday 9th June 2015  (which hints ARK is getting closer and closer to it's 100% launch)

Also I dunno about PS4 performance, but from videos I seen, it looks very playable, I mean Xbox One gamers are literally still playing ARK almost a year after X1 launch. . Skyrim on consoles wasn't exactly stable 30 fps either. and PS4 hardware is as good or better than Xbox One.

Also they could cut things like shadows and other things to make it run smoother on PS4.  And of course most people are not buying PS4 Pro.  So the developers should really design PS4 version with the vanilla PS4 hardware in mind.    there are potato PCs running ARK, and they look worse than the Xbox One version (which actually looks decent for a game of this depth and magnitude) 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived