PS4 Update: ARK: Survival Evolved & ARK: SotF

Jatheish

On 9/20/2016 at 9:49 PM, DemonLordCronos said:

Another new creature so there will be another delay 

This is what bugs me. They claim they are working on releasing the game so Ps4 players can finally get our hands on it, yet we keep seeing new creatures being added regularly. How much of their time are they investing on these creatures?

Don't get me wrong, more creatures are great, but they can be added in later. If they are shooting for a holiday season release, shouldn't they be focused on optimizing and smoothing out the main game instead of adding new stuff to it? From what I understand, they have a lot of work to do before the game is "finished", is it really wise to be using up what little time they have, adding in things that aren't a necessity?

I know a lot of people on here don't give a crap either way, because they have Xbox or PC and can play the game regardless, but as a Ps4 player, we have to sit on the sidelines and hope that the developers are as good as they claim to be and can get this game out on time.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2016 at 4:37 AM, boomshell69 said:

Sony is preventing wc  from releasing, they are working on adding new stuff and optimizing as they bring out new stuff then optimize first, because every time the bring out some thing new codes and what not need changing or fixing. If they optimize first it would cause to many issues. 

You're right. It is better to release content first. And I agree that Sony is the problem here. But I am still concerned that Wildcard will be unable to release on time due to the large amount of content that they are continually releasing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more content. And I completely agree that "content first" is the way to go, but that just raises more concern for the release date. Will they delay it to get all their content in there? Are they going to rush it so they can get it released faster, leading to more problems? Will they not release content that they otherwise would have had they not been forced to rush for release?

What about after release? Do they ever plan on adding to the game once it's finished? 

This is all thanks to Sony being a bunch of *******!

15 minutes ago, ih8u90 said:

You're right. It is better to release content first. And I agree that Sony is the problem here. But I am still concerned that Wildcard will be unable to release on time due to the large amount of content that they are continually releasing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more content. And I completely agree that "content first" is the way to go, but that just raises more concern for the release date. Will they delay it to get all their content in there? Are they going to rush it so they can get it released faster, leading to more problems? Will they not release content that they otherwise would have had they not been forced to rush for release?

What about after release? Do they ever plan on adding to the game once it's finished? 

This is all thanks to Sony being a bunch of *******!

But remember Sony got burned with a few games lately

8 hours ago, DemonLordCronos said:

But remember Sony got burned with a few games lately

Yes, but we shouldn't be the ones being punished for it. No matter what Sony does, they will always end up having some cruddy games on their console. Ark is already better than many of the games Sony has and Ark is not even finished. If you ask me, Sony is just being dumb on this one.

• Volunteer Moderator

Teaser Tweet!

Now don't get all grumpy because it doesn't say anything, that's the whole point of a teaser.

By the way, it takes 2 minutes to create a Twitter account, and all you need to do is follow 3 or 4 of the ARK accounts and that's it. Simple as that. No need to use it for anything else but see the ARK related tweets. I know you feel you shouldn't have to do that, but sometimes you have got to help yourself first.

this topic is the most viewed stickied post of ARK SE.   you know PS4 is a goldmine for Studio Wildcard.

Now, what they will do to release ARK games on PS4 while they still have money to do so, they can either port the game with the content as is, finalize the content on time for holiday 2016 release, go along with their plan to add all the PC content they want to include, then optimize then release it on PS4, then get started with the SOTF optimized port, that is the longer path, but can lead to a more content filled and polished game and better first impressions on PS4.

another alternative is if they somehow get Sony's approval to bring the early access version to PS4. and another alternative, is optimizing the PS4 version, so it's approved even though the content is not finalized, they can add the rest as patches or DLC.  

Perhaps the devs are making more progress with PS4 version than we think.  console is much smoother to optimize than PC. and considering PS4 games that have their technical issues, Sony is really not that strict with Quality Assurance if ARK can reach a certain standard of optimization.

Overall it is good to be optimistic about it.  whether PS4 gets it holiday 2016, early 2017, or summer 2017, it is possible to release it on PS4 before 2018.    the devs already have a solid roadmap to things they want to add, so that all eventually is going to get all added, then the optimization phase will take place anyways.

ARK is already a been there done that thing to most PC gamers, so ARK would have a fresh new massive fanbase on PS4, which is the most successful and fastest growing modern platform to date that isn't PC.   there's nothing on PS4 that can substitute ARK games.   

it's really no contest and ARK games would easily prosper on PS4.  :)   It has all the gaming, immersion, social, and replay value qualities other games don't have, and with production values and graphics that would make Minecraft jealous.

On October 6, 2016 at 2:47 AM, GamerPerfection said:

Teaser Tweet!

Now don't get all grumpy because it doesn't say anything, that's the whole point of a teaser.

By the way, it takes 2 minutes to create a Twitter account, and all you need to do is follow 3 or 4 of the ARK accounts and that's it. Simple as that. No need to use it for anything else but see the ARK related tweets. I know you feel you shouldn't have to do that, but sometimes you have got to help yourself first.

So the teaser was October 5, and ARK SOTF tournament took place on October 8,  perhaps there's an announcement this week or next week?  Perhaps sometime this month. It's rather interesting timing because this could mean ARK Survival Evolved could be playable on PS4 on time for the previously announced multiplatform launch holiday 2016. :)  and even if it's not really a post alpha launch but a debut of early access ARK playable on PS4, that's still an incredible progression

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, DemonLordCronos said:

Given time to think over what it could mean(the tweet from last Wednesday) and after 6 days i got nothing, thoughts?

Either means an announcement or release is approaching, or it is just to reassure people that it is still coming to PS4.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, DemonLordCronos said:

Did anyone else notice the ps4 symbol is now missing on playark.com

That page got changed a while go when SOTF was removed and replaced with Scorched Earth. The PS4 was most likely removed because people complain so much about false advertising because it is not yet on PS4.

I don't understand why you keep picking out things that suggest it's not coming when the Devs clearly indicated it is still coming by tweeting out the PS4 logo. Unless you really think they are that mean to tease you knowing its not coming.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived