PS4 Update: ARK: Survival Evolved & ARK: SotF

Jatheish

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Sony is looking at the facts. There are a number of reasons why it might be a bad situation for them to release Ark early access. The games networking system is clunky still and it is constantly being tweaked. There is lots of bugs and glitches that are ongoing. I love Ark and the devs but the updates are not ever really on time. I think it is good to announce the updates but I think they should not give an ETA. Rather than give an ETA they should wait until the update is ready before announcing its release. I think Sony is also not fond of people hosting there own servers and stuff like that. 

All I know is that it should not have anything to do with early access because so many other games are "not finished". Everyone mentions 7 days but another one would be Minecraft. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Wildchild said:

Will studio Wildcard give any additional comments? At least a clear explanation of what are they doing right now to make a PS4 release of the game?

Please, devs! Please @Jat !

Well they've already stated that the game is good to go on PS4, but that Sony won't accept the game in an unfinished state. Unless the fans can push Sony to make an exception then the only other option is to wait until the game is at full release. So to answer your question, they would continue doing what they are currently doing, i.e. continuing to develop the game to get it to a full release.

54 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Well they've already stated that the game is good to go on PS4, but that Sony won't accept the game in an unfinished state. Unless the fans can push Sony to make an exception then the only other option is to wait until the game is at full release. So to answer your question, they would continue doing what they are currently doing, i.e. continuing to develop the game to get it to a full release.

The problem is that we did not received anything at least like "We are working on the game to finish it ASAP or in Holiday season" from 21 of April here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/21/ark-survival-of-the-fittest-coming-to-ps4-on-july-19/ 

Wierd that Sony dont allow ARK into store. some ppl are buying xbox to play this game . they just loosing ppl just becouse of it . 
I cant stop thinking that it is connected with releasing of Horizon hame ? big competition and to be honest I prefere ark over horizon. 
but other than that i see xbox version seems to look poorly with comparison of PC version . i feel like they could easy get much more from hardvare than this . but y that is just becouse optimisation needs alot of work. 
cant w8 for ark on ps4. 

Please do whatever You can to release it early or keep up to the release date.

Announcment of ARK on ps4 was the main reason I bought the console !  

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Wildchild said:

The problem is that we did not received anything at least like "We are working on the game to finish it ASAP or in Holiday season" from 21 of April here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/21/ark-survival-of-the-fittest-coming-to-ps4-on-july-19/ 

The target release currently is Holiday season. He may not have mentioned it here, but that is currently the target.

5 hours ago, Somes said:

All I know is that it should not have anything to do with early access because so many other games are "not finished". Everyone mentions 7 days but another one would be Minecraft. 

Considering the amount of whining that is going on on the xbox patch notes forum. I can definately think of a reason Sony won't allow release atm. Thankfully afore mentioned whining has practically died of, minus a few persistant strands. There are probably many other reasons and I shall continue to ponder them.

As far as I recall 7 days is now officially finished developing content wise, but there'll still be plenty of bug fixes to come for it. Then again I'm most likely wrong about that, knowing me I probably am.

And on the subject of Minecraft, it pertains another state altogether. My rather poor explanation is as follows: each version (ie 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 etc) is in essence a *sub-sequel to the previous version, it just keeps or improves the content from the previous version and adds extra content. 

*by sub-sequel i mean it is the next edition of the game but is still with in the original game.    I know it is a rather poor explanation, there are plenty who could do better.

Still, I hope I helped and I don't mean to cause offence by this argument. I also hoped you understood my above explanation.

Bonne journée et au revoir, your friendly neighbour Logophile.

PS If some of you get the implication that I was refering to those whiners as a desease, know that it was intentional and poorly done. Also, its amazing how english syntax allows for "on on"  in it, yet not "that that" and many other repeated words. Seriously, we should abandon it completely and take up something like french or spanish instead. They already do them as an electoral subject in America. (Don't they!?)

PPS This is more of an unrelated epiphany, but "couldn't care less" and "could care less" have opposing meanings, yet going by definition of each word in order, the latter is just a stronger way of saying the former. Ahh English, You've done it again

I believe Sony doesn't allow to release ARK on their console for two major reasons:

• It is known as the most unoptimised game on the market. 
  • It has a lot of bugs, which are not fixed, even though people reported them ages ago. For example, the rendering/reflection issues with glass windows were reported on the 22th of May by me is still not fixed. Bloom is not reduced still. And so on.

Sony no puede dejarnos sin un juego de este calibre y esta fama,y mas habiendo dejado tantos retrasos como los que ha tenido,si lo hace esta claro que va a dejar muy mala fama.Basta de que se rian de nosotros,deberian hacer una excepcion con este juegazo porque si que vale la pena,no estamos hablando de cualquier juego de los que casi nadie conoce sino de uno que tiene las ventas aseguradas,lo que si me da asco es que Sony haya aprovechado la fama de este juego para conseguir ventas de ps4 para luego retrasarlo y retrasarlo.Si sacaran el juego todavia podrian arreglar un poco la que han liado

ARK Survival Evolved is being finished/gold standard launch content this December for all 3 platforms, isn't it?   4 months wait isn't bad at all, and Playstation 4 would benefit from a more complete and well fixed game.     I don't think begging to Sony would make them budge.   It's in the developers hands how soon ARK Survival Evolved arrives on PS4 so they can start making lots of money from it.   The console standard for games are complete products that are beyond beta build.  

With that said wouldn't studio Wildcard want ARK to receive better first impressions from a more polished and launch version of the game? That would sell more and generate more positive reviews than an unstable and alpha/beta build game.

On 8/14/2016 at 7:31 PM, DemonLordCronos said:

Is anyone wondering if the release date will be pushed back again? I ask because if you look at all the unreleased content and how far between the xbox version updates are im starting tothink it wont be til next summer or later

they have all platforms including PS4 scheduled for holiday 2016. december 2016 the latest.

I don't think they have to delay it since they can finalize the standard content for PS4, and release with what they have and what they polished beyond the beta phase.

once that's done, they can update post launch with whatever content isn't ready for them at launch.

I mean really, this isn't like Kingdom Under Fire II where they showed the console version and lately it's somewhat like vaporware. 

the developers can finalize the content for each version, optimize them, and release them with what they have, on schedule.  it's a survival mmo, so it can continue to get updates and content missing in the other versions at some point.

the devs can make a lot of progress in a single month.

21 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Holiday season ranges between November and January, so December isn't necessarily the latest.

have a point there, but if they want to maximize PS4 sales, they'll get all versions finalized and launched in 2016, though yea its possible to make big money in january as well, especially outside the large november releases .   

they just have to be sure to draw a line to how much content they are adding to PS4 launch, so they can optimize and launch the game alongside the other versions.   if they don't put a cork on the traffic of content being added during alpha, console version might be stuck in alpha like DayZ after all those years.  

it's better to have a set content standard they can complete by October, so they can beta and gold PS4 version for launch during holiday 2016.    it would be bad for morale to give it another delay when SE and SOTF were delayed as it is.  

people can point fingers at Sony, but people expect a polished and launch worthy game.    and with the devs record, they can actually complete it in time for holiday 2016, especially now that they are setting SOTF aside to complete PS4 ARK SE faster.  

But at the same time we dont know exactly how much of the game is finished and the have a titanosaur sized amount of things that still need to be added in, so should we get our hopes up just to find out its delayed again or will we be seeing the game during the holiday season? In any case i want to play it so bad that it amps up my dinosaur related dreams to 6 days a week instead of the usual 4 days.

oh come on they wouldn't take that long.  besides, they could held back some of the content and save it after holiday launch.    they can optimize what they have and finalize the console versions and get them ready sooner.  

they really would mess up their reputation if they delay it again.   wouldn't you think they are aware how much content they are adding?  if so, why would they announce multiplatform release for holiday 2016?  they wouldnt do that if they think it would take longer to finalize, optimize and launch it on all platforms beyond beta phase.  

if they do push it back, the company really is not on the same page with things. 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived