PS4 Update: ARK: Survival Evolved & ARK: SotF

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Playstation Survivors,

We’d like to give our fans an update on what’s happening with ARK: Survival Evolved and Survival of the Fittest on the PS4 platform.

In a post outlined earlier on survivetheark, Survival of the Fittest development on console is currently put on hold until we are able to map out a longer-term road-map for the project. Our current focus is on the PC version of SotF, and its mod support, where it’s easier for us to iterate quickly. If you’d like to read more about this decision, you can check out this announcement:

As for the PS4 Release of ARK: Survival Evolved, it is currently up to Sony. We’ve been informed that we can’t release the game on this platform until it has been finished. We would like nothing more than to make ARK available on PS4 as soon as possible, as we already have an awesome PS4 version of the game running internally. If you would like to see it sooner, please let Sony know, as it’s unfortunately not our decision.

Thanks very much to all ARK fans and soon-to-be Survivors for your support!

All the best,

Wildcard Jat & the Studio Wildcard Team

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, studio Wildcard is stating that ARK: Survival Evolved for PS4 version is Finished - Right?

And Sony is not accepting the game in it Finished state?

Question: will studio Wildcard do something with Finished Version of ARK:SE for PS4 to satisfy Sony or maybe do some negotiations with Sony to do the Release on PS4?

PS. Please provide any way that i can use to let Sony actually know that the PS4 community need this game!

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Wildchild said:

So, studio Wildcard is stating that ARK: Survival Evolved for PS4 version is Finished - Right?

No, I think you are misinterpreting it. I believe the PS4 version is in a "state" to be released, like the Xbox and PC versions are in a "state" for release. The game is not yet finished on any platform. By "finished" they mean completely finished, i.e. not early access.

I suggest you contact Sony any way you can. Email them, tweet them, how ever you feel is appropriate. Just remember to be polite and don't harass.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Wildchild said:

Thanks for your replies, guys... The thing that i missed in Developers statement is anything on "we are working on it, will be finished in Holiday season"... or anything with a decent Date... ;(

Yeah Holiday season is the "current" outlook for a finished product.

1 hour ago, DaEndGame said:

Hmmm, thinking on this @Jat, would Xbox and PS4 crossplatform play be possible for both survival evolved and sotf? I have a fair few friends who have a PS4 instead of an xbox and like ark, who I would like to play online with upon release.

I doubt sony will allow this, they have already shot it down with 2 other games. Sony, for the players, yeah right....smh

I own on Pc love ark and will buy for ps4. But I am more then happy to wait until it's finished. Still a lot of bugs that would turn people away like rock and tree bugs that kill you if you get stuck. Sony doesn't have a alpha program I wish it did. But putting out a game in this state is not the right thing to do. 

i really wish we could get a rough roadmap of what is left and where the devs are headed besides tech tier, 8 Dino's left not out, breeding phase 3, what else is coming? When do you say ok base game is great and we're ready? We will add more features and Dino's down the line. Maybe pick a release date and shoot for it again. 

i would love to see you guys stream some ark on a ps4 from your studio just to see what I can expect in future. Until then I will enjoy pc version and patiently wait for ps4.

3 minutes ago, RaveN321 said:

I just created this account to state that I don't believe the developer is being 100% transparent and candid with us.

There are games that are on the PS4 that are early access, Paragon is available and is not done and is currently labeled as Alpha/Beta...

Paragon is distributed by Sony entertainment. So there is your reason that game is allowed to be available as alpha/beta. 

What about 7 days to die? That game is nowhere near finished, it's still on steam early access and yet it came out on PS4 not too long ago...Not really sure what to think here but mostly just really disappointed I'm missing out on Ark. Especially since there's no set release date and it doesn't feel like there will be one this year either.

1 hour ago, RaveN321 said:

I just created this account to state that I don't believe the developer is being 100% transparent and candid with us.

There are games that are on the PS4 that are early access, Paragon is available and is not done and is currently labeled as Alpha/Beta...

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

What about 7 days to die? That game is nowhere near finished, it's still on steam early access and yet it came out on PS4 not too long ago...Not really sure what to think here.

They didn't say Sony doesn't allow early access, they said they won't allow this early access.

2 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Maybe they've checked out feedback on the Xbox version? Who knows really.

this game is in rough shape but no way it's any worse than 7 days to die. I'm not sure developing for yet another platform would help right now though. Wildcard seems stretched as it is with PC and Xbox. 

I think Sony is afraid of the bad look Early Access comes with. Many games in Early Access are very unstable and extremly buggy making them unplayable and they dont want these games on their platform. If they let you release it and not others it wil cause problems because they could say that Sony is discriminating them. 

I think we cant really do anything. I think you can. If you release the build you have as version 1.0 "masking" it as a finished game with content patches coming monthly. If its not enough for them I think we'll have to unfortunately wait until Ark officialy releases on other platforms.

I don't think Sony could handle the finished game even a little bit, that's what they are truly afraid of. Just an opinion,  I will have to admit that I'm a slightly disappointed in recent games that xbox has and is coming out with, where the graphics go back to the atari, but I am an Xbox fan and nothing IV seen on ps4 Has done any better than xbox. It's all basic the same.

As a proud member of Ark's PC community since the initial release, I support your project because you are great developers and every single week i get an update(or many) for the game in Steam. 

The PS4 users have been betrayed by Sony, not you. So I will support PS4 players if they want to remind Sony who  they are and why they play games!

Let's rock!

perdon por el error al postear, me gustaria exponer mi descontento hacia la compañia de sony por la manera de tratar a los usuarios de PS4, ya que me parece bochornoso, denigrante e incomprensible que la competencia en este caso XBOX-ONE disfrute de este early-access mejor o peor y nosotros teniendo una version estable no podamos hacer uso de ella. Me arrepiento haberme gastado ese dinero en una compañia que solo mira por sus interes y en este caso por su dinero y no la satisfacción general de los usuarios.

2 hours ago, DemonLordCronos said:

Sadly with new content always being added the game will never truly be complete 

Yes and no.. the game can be finished but a true game is never finsihed. A great mmo/ rpg/ first person game is never ever truly finished, content to a great game that is consistently added just makes the game better and keeps it intriguing and keeps it's players playing. A finished game as per what an mmo would only be a massive amount  of content in one package, with even more updates and fixes after its release. I think the dev's are doing the best they can for every one, and as such they are doing a great job. As for sony, yall may wanna just drop the ps4 and go computer or xbox. My opinion of course. 

Este videojuego lo llevamos esperando meses y meses con más y más atrasos, y que ahora nos digan que tienen el juego completado y dispuesto para lanzadlo y que no puedan sacarlo porque este en desarrollo y Sony no les deja me parece lamentable y por eso apoyo a que este juego salga a luz ya que si no sale ahora con las ganas que tiene la gente de que salga no creo que salga nunca ya que es un juego que está en continuo desarrollo y por la política tan absurda que tiene Sony no pueda salir.Además como no saquen este juego venderé mis dos play y me compraré un PC que sale mucho más rentable, asi que como Sony no se ponga las pilas sacando este tipo de juegos que desea la gente va a perder todo lo que a ganado en estos años respecto a ventas etc. 

Espero que se den cuenta de que o arreglan este error y saquen a la luz ARK, UN SALUDO

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived