The best dino you ever tamed

Tatsu86

On 8/7/2016 at 8:34 AM, Duffried said:

I understand it I just don't see the point in it. Why spend five hours taming a dinosaur level 120+ when you can spend half an hour taming a level 50+ dinosaur + 4 hours gameplay gives you a level 150+ dino. **shrug**

Unofficial server with x10 tame, even that said I've had similar level / stat Pteranodons before Kibble and Breeding was even in the game.

Chubb_zps8dgohp69.jpg

The big thing here is the end result.  My 150 argy has higher stats then ur ptera when it woke up.  The lvls u put into ur dino from xp r called domestic lvls.  Domestic lvls hav power based on what its stats was when it woke up.  At max ur dino wakes up at 149 if its a 100, that 150 goes to 224 upon waking up.  Thats a lot more power and potential.  Now to explain domestic lvls more effectively.  Say u tame a lvl 1 rex, it has only its base stats.  U put a domestic lvl into its dmg making it a lvl 2 and it goes from 100% dmg to 105%(thats not the real amount, it wud b lower).  Every lvl would add that same 5% to dmg 110 115 ect.  Now tame a higher lvl rex and it wakes up with 200% dmg.  If u lvl it up and put a domestic point into its dmg it goes from 200% to 210%.  It gains 10% instead of 5.  U can only lvl up a dino 76 times, and those 76 lvls r gona b more powerful on a dino with better starting stats.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

The big thing here is the end result.  My 150 argy has higher stats then ur ptera when it woke up.  The lvls u put into ur dino from xp r called domestic lvls.  Domestic lvls hav power based on what its stats was when it woke up.  At max ur dino wakes up at 149 if its a 100, that 150 goes to 224 upon waking up.  Thats a lot more power and potential.  Now to explain domestic lvls more effectively.  Say u tame a lvl 1 rex, it has only its base stats.  U put a domestic lvl into its dmg making it a lvl 2 and it goes from 100% dmg to 105%(thats not the real amount, it wud b lower).  Every lvl would add that same 5% to dmg 110 115 ect.  Now tame a higher lvl rex and it wakes up with 200% dmg.  If u lvl it up and put a domestic point into its dmg it goes from 200% to 210%.  It gains 10% instead of 5.  U can only lvl up a dino 76 times, and those 76 lvls r gona b more powerful on a dino with better starting stats.

Bro the post you quoted is nearing 3 years old o.O 

• 4 months later...

No question mine was a 145 kibble tamed basilosaurus on official pve.

When official first dropped I tamed a trike right away and used it to start berry taming low level theri eggers. Then during the week or so of egg farming, was able to tame a megalodon. Once I got enough kibble for a 150 tame on 2x I went out hunting for a basilo and literally found a 145 just beyond render distance from my base on the beach lol. It was a thrilling tame with a menacing alpha megalodon visible in the distance.

With a base 42 points in hp, this basilo changed the entire game for me. By doing laps around the island farming deep sea crates, killing every tuso and alpha mosa along the way, and hitting the west water cave drops, I soon found myself with resources, blueprints, etc that got the attention of the big tribes on my server. Since I'd amassed so much, I knew they'd make better use of the excess than I ever would, so I'd always just hook them up free of charge whenever they came calling lol. Made a lot of great friends and allies that way who over the years have returned the favor in many amazing and unexpected ways ?

• 7 months later...

I have 2 dinos but one is gone as I erased my save due to not liking ark for a while, the other one is brand new, I have a 150 megalosaur called naptime who could take down alpha carnos no problem, and my new one is my 145 soothing balm tamed trike named juggernaught, I plan to get him a lady so I can get a good trike with some cool colors hes also killed 2 100+ alpha raptors!

Archived