The best dino you ever tamed

Tatsu86

I'm curious as to what everybody's favorite tame was, not strictly speaking for dinos of course, but any creature in ARK. I think that despite my love for the big overpowered creatures, my Rex Persephone back on the official I used to play on was my favorite. She was a perfect 120 Kibble tame that woke up with some really high stats, including Health, Stamina & Melee. Before her end (the tribe just stopped playing after we all got bored & raided) she had close to 14,000+ health, 430+ melee & 1,600 stamina. She was a beast of a Rex and saved my butt in many situations, partcipated in more than a few raids & was just an all around great dino. One of those rare ones you get almost emotionally attached to.

She officially belonged to the tribe, but everyone knew, she was mine, and they admired her alot.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first Gigantopithicus. Went away on holiday and when I got back found that the server I was playing on had unfortunately been wiped as the server providers had messed up the saves. As recompense the server owner upped the rates to 5x for a weekend to let people rebuild what they had lost. So I quickly whacked up a base, grabbed whatever happened to wander outside it, dodos, dilos, a nice high level trike who conveniently wandered in through the open gate, and then I saw her, a level 76 Big Foot just down the beach from me. Normally I'd have left her be, but on 5x taming I thought I can do this on berries! So I tried to trap her first of all, but she started wailing on the walls and wouldn't calm down and I didn't yet know the trick of replacing the walls with new ones to stop her, so I had to set her free and do it in the wild. Excutiating doesn't cover it! Lord knows how many times I accidentally bumped her and made her mad. Six times I wasn't able to get away when I did and she killed me. Three times a carnivore jumped us from the tree line and attacked her, but finally, finally she was mine. In the absense of a carnivore of my own, she was my protector, and my killing machine. This was pre balancing nerf so she wrecked any wild dinos we happened to come across. When the swamp and snow biomes launched we waded through the swamps with impunity. I nearly lost her on my first trip to the snow biome, without fur armour I had to stick to the warmer side of the river where we punched mammoths for their toasty pelt, but disaster struck as I was harvesting a corpse as a pack of wolfs appeared from nowhere and knocked me into the river where ravenous piranhas mullered me in milliseconds. Flying back north on my fastest Ptera I flew up and down the river whilstling frantically, unable to find her anywhere my heart slowly began to sink as I slowly succumed to the cold and was forced to head back to the coast, expecting to see a death message at any second, when I finally spotted her! Bobbing in the middle of the river, bloodied and beaten but still turning pesky fish into so many fillets. I got her to follow me and got her out of the water and we made our way to the coast, blinded by trees and now seemingly under siege by every T Rex, Raptor, Scorpion and Carno on the island! By the time we finally reached the safety of the beach she was barely standing. We started on the long trip back to the south coast, but unable to heal her and with her health barely in three figures I was terrified she wouldn't make it all the way home. Luckily I was friendly with the tribe based at Hidden Lake, so I left her there, and they were able to to fly her home atop a Quetz with the proper pomp and ceremony she deserved. 

After the rebalancing of course, she wasn't quite the Queen of the island that she once was, and of course I soon had a powerful Carno, then a Rex and finally a Giga but she still proudly guarded my gates for me, and when I eventually moved north to my massive new base next to the snow biome where we had that epic adventure she proudly carried me around as I went about my business.

When the server wiped once more, on purpose this time and under acrimonious circumstances. I finally lost her, but her memory will live on. RIP Fergie, you flame furred Godess, long may you reign in pixel heaven.

My personal favorite was a 120 Kibble tamed Spino named Cadence. She was mostly green with a slight pink edge on her sail. When she got up and I checked out her stats, I was very pleased to see a high starting hp, oxygen and melee. Stamina was okay as well. Most of her points leveling her up went into movespeed, at 150% she was the fastest spino on both land and see on that server, and she could tear most things apart or get away if she needed to. I found her sister in single player shortly before I put her down (retired from that official), and I imagine I'll find another like her on the private server eventually...  

My best dino was on an official server...

I'd spent weeks gathering the eggs needed to kibble tame a 120 rex...

after another week of searching I found him, stomping around in the snow biome eating mammoths like it was nothing...

I got so excited... I took my argy home, got on my boat and coasted all the way from the south end of the map to where he was...

I ran on foot to intercept him, Immediately started tranqing him... he chased me all the way to the swamp before he finally went down... I called in all my Tribemates to help me defend it while I tamed it... his name was Goliath... and he was a champion... he was taken too early when I rode him into battle and got backstabbed by the tribe that was supposed to help us (this was before we could alliance)

RIP Goliath, you were a champion amongst rex's

My less than perfect 120 rex, poor guy.

Long, long ago, on an official pve server, there was a sorry excuse for a man known as Chinese Joe. He was a griefer and would stop at nothing to mess with people, hurting/killing tames and trying to break into bases by drawing wild dinos to them. He was Chinese and always pretended not to understand English but word quickly spread that this was an act. He would constantly curse at whoever he came across with virulent hate, though of course in unintelligible language.

I was fairly new. I did not know this. I hadn't ever come across him except passing his base occasionally. One day I found a 120 rex at 50 50 and, being a nub, asked my senior tribemate to help me down him. He fell right into the black hole of 50 50 and I spiked up. My tribemate left and along comes Chinese Joe. He barely spoke a word, just stood and watched while his plant x on his quetz shot my poor rex. I had no idea it couldn't harm my tame so I told him to leave many times and got pretty mad. This provoked his poisonous nature and he began hitting me in the face with a pike and arrows. I couldn't do anything, I just opened my tame's inventory and sat. That made him angrier, and he pushed me around with his quetz so I'd lose the inventory and hopefully punch my tame. So I grabbed my ptera and hung in the air.

He grew bored and left. I thought it was over. Then, coming from the northwest along the river, I see Chinese Joe...

And a level 76 alpha rex.

I was nowhere near close to being able to even kite that beast away. All I had was a ptera and some low level crap dinos. Level 4 trike, etc. A single bite and my bird would be dead. I frantically messaged my tribemate and he rushed north on his much better ptera. The alpha loomed over my tame, trying to snap at Chinese Joe, who left as soon as he saw the alpha was fixated on biting my spikes. I could only hover from a distance. What happened next was the ballsiest thing I have ever seen someone do.

My tribemate attacked the alpha with his ptera. Another player showed up, also on ptera, and together they somehow, someway, killed that alpha rex. I prayed to Raptor Jesus and checked my tame; he was completely unharmed despite the epic battle that had been waged and victoriously concluded literally on top of him. The wooden spikes had not been destroyed, somehow the alpha couldn't bite my tame over them.

But it wasn't over. When Chinese Joe came back to inspect his work, he was very displeased to see that we survived safe and sound. He came back with more dinos, but this time they cascaded down upon me from the cliff above. This is why "raining rexes" became a thing on our server. Two rexes and a saber fell on my tame, but the pattern of my spikes was quite convoluted, since I wasn't able to spike the clifftop. The rexes got stuck and I picked them off with my bird, but the saber managed to get through while I was fighting.

My rex was finally harmed, and being the nub I was, I didn't know you could let a dino wake up and knock it out again to reset taming effectiveness. I didn't know you could starve it either. So I let him be. Chinese Joe was still dissatisfied with his failure to kill my tame; he wanted it ruined completely, or dead. He sent more dinos along the beach, but they posed little threat at this point as I was hyperalert and ready for him.

My rex only got 45 levels out of 51 maximum, but he was still pretty good. I call him disabled because of what Chinese Joe did to him, yet I always took it as a victory that we survived. He came out alive against all odds. He's still kicking, in fact. Been about 7 months, quite old in my opinion. His name is King and he has never failed me once, whether it was protecting me when my game crashed, or fighting whatever dino I pointed him at, or running away from an alpha rex he was no match for, or even gathering meat for all the babies I've raised. He's a symbol of all I and my tribe have endured for nearly a year on the server.

Chinese Joe eventually left the server for pvp. Unfortunately he was never brought to justice for his many crimes. However, all the crap he left behind was picked over by the entire server. He left his quetz Happy Spring Festival (ironic) on neutral right outside my small wooden base at 50 50, just to mess with anyone trying to tame there; at the end of 7 days that quetz had landed inside my base and been completely built over to prevent the plant x turret from drawing any more wild dinos to my wall. I claimed that sumbish myself and de-eviled him. His name is Happy and he's a good bird. I also claimed a nice argy, a roo (my favorite useless dino), and a bunch of egg layers and took dozens of saddles from his base. Even today I see dinos of Chinese Joe's being recycled and given to newer players. A decent ending to a wild adventure.

14 hours ago, Tatsu86 said:

I'm curious as to what everybody's favorite tame was, not strictly speaking for dinos of course, but any creature in ARK. I think that despite my love for the big overpowered creatures, my Rex Persephone back on the official I used to play on was my favorite. She was a perfect 120 Kibble tame that woke up with some really high stats, including Health, Stamina & Melee. Before her end (the tribe just stopped playing after we all got bored & raided) she had close to 14,000+ health, 430+ melee & 1,600 stamina. She was a beast of a Rex and saved my butt in many situations, partcipated in more than a few raids & was just an all around great dino. One of those rare ones you get almost emotionally attached to.

She officially belonged to the tribe, but everyone knew, she was mine, and they admired her alot.

I'm sorry what...? Melee damage under 500 on a level 120 Rex? My level 98 bear has higher meleee and easily more health. Hell, my Pteranodon has more melee than that!

Why do people even bother with kibble and breeding? It's a dice roll. Just get a mid level easy to tame dino, tame it and use it. Best way to get a high level dino in the end is to just train it up. Breeding and kibble are not shortcuts because they require way more work. Better off utilising that time to have the dino lelvel up by fighting and being useful.

Take our Pteranodons for instance, they can carry way more than any level 100 Argentavis you tame because we've had them ages and using them makes them improve. Health and Stamina in the double k's, Weight, Melee and Speed all above 500+ and all from taming them young and raising them right.

1 hour ago, Duffried said:

I'm sorry what...? Melee damage under 500 on a level 120 Rex? My level 98 bear has higher meleee and easily more health. Hell, my Pteranodon has more melee than that!

Why do people even bother with kibble and breeding? It's a dice roll. Just get a mid level easy to tame dino, tame it and use it. Best way to get a high level dino in the end is to just train it up. Breeding and kibble are not shortcuts because they require way more work. Better off utilising that time to have the dino lelvel up by fighting and being useful.

Take our Pteranodons for instance, they can carry way more than any level 100 Argentavis you tame because we've had them ages and using them makes them improve. Health and Stamina in the double k's, Weight, Melee and Speed all above 500+ and all from taming them young and raising them right.

What kind of server do you play on, because this is impossible on an official. I'm a ptera nut, tamed dozens of birds and bred dozens as well. A 120 kibble tamed ptera has roughly on average (on The Island official servers, not The Center):

1-1.3k health

900-1100 stamina

200-225 weight

200-300 melee

I don't think you understand the point of taming high level dinos. The higher the wild level, the higher the base stats. You tame a level 60 bird and it ends up with 700 health after taming, you can get that bird's health to 2k easy by leveling, but no way in hell you can get your 500 stamina, 150 weight, and 125 melee up really high as well because you're gonna run out of levels. Unless you play unofficial and stat leveling is higher. But. You tame a 120 bird and bam, you automatically got 1k+ health and stam, higher weight and higher melee than that level 60. Not only does the 120 level up faster due to having higher stats (can kill more things faster), but ultimately it will have higher stats through leveling than anything your level 60 can hope to achieve. You can think of kibble and breeding as a waste of time, but truly it just means you will never have as good dinos as everyone who really puts the work into it, and if you play pvp then you're a much easier target than others.

I understand it I just don't see the point in it. Why spend five hours taming a dinosaur level 120+ when you can spend half an hour taming a level 50+ dinosaur + 4 hours gameplay gives you a level 150+ dino. **shrug**

Unofficial server with x10 tame, even that said I've had similar level / stat Pteranodons before Kibble and Breeding was even in the game.

Chubb_zps8dgohp69.jpg

3 hours ago, Duffried said:

That's great, but I was playing on an official server, and a Rex on an official server with over 400 melee and the stats that Persephone had, is a freaking beast. Now if I was on your server, I'd have something that'd make your Dire Bears look like cuddily harmless cubs. There's no fair comparisson to the boosted stats on your un-official when compared to an official. It's a totally different experience, and I like the challenge of building up a dino that's powerful, but not so much that it kills everything so quickly that the game isn't fun anymore. If she were still alive, I'd make the claim that her & 1 other super rex of equal caliber could kill a low-level tamed giga.

Different strokes for different folks is all it boils down to.

Hmm, probably my lv 150 Ptera. I like it so much because it's the first 150 I ever tame (lv 150 is the max level of wild dino in my server) and the color is red-pink. I named it Mirage and it's probably the fastest Ptera in the server. I lost him 3 times and somehow I always find him back. There was a time when I thought I finally lost it and then suddenly after 2 - 3 days irl when I was returning to my base, I saw an odd-looking ptera stuck on a cliff. I get near to it and it was Mirage! I whistled and he come running back to me~ Another time I lost it again when the server decided to kick me out and I was flying on top of the swamp. Of course I died instantly the moment I logged back to the server and my Ptera is nowhere to be found again. My tribemate found him a few days lounging on the different island just stood there lol. 

I suppose I didn't really realise that changing tame and XP speeds would affect the wild dino's but obviously it does.

I single handedly took down an Alpha Carno, all whilst fighting a pack of around a dozern normal Carno's and about 20 Terror Bird on my levle 215 Pteranodon.

Chubb is a BEAST!

His current stats at level 215:

20160809125830_1_zpsb6zse7av.jpg

My favorite tame is a 120 perfect tame albino rex. Saw this beauty right outside of FF just merking everything in its path. I watched for about 15 minutes as it went up and down leaving nothing standing and a bloody corpse playground in its wake. I hopped on my quetz platform about to start shooting darts and out of nowhere a level 20 alpha carno spawns. They start getting after the loads of argies that are flying in to eat all the dead dinos and then the rex and Cardo start going at it.  

After about 2 minutes,  the carno ragdolls down the mountain and I'm thinking that I have to tame you. About 5 minutes of darts to the face of this guy it finally goes night night. I run to quickly make spiked walls and put narcs into it while my tribe mates Flys back to get the kibble.   I sat by this tame in its inventory for the next few hours only to replenish campfires and shoot argies who I deemed to be to close for comfort  (really just to keep other preditors occupied) I was so protective of this guy because I know he would be a beast after all was said and done. He is now a level 225 with close to 620 melee. 

I used to take him alpha hunting but now he lives a quiet retirement making babies with a 120 female rex that tamed up with crazy amounts of stam.  

The 3rd egg that hatched from this pair came out with around 450 base melee and 1500 stam with 86% imprint.  

On 7-8-2016 at 2:34 PM, Duffried said:

I understand it I just don't see the point in it. Why spend five hours taming a dinosaur level 120+ when you can spend half an hour taming a level 50+ dinosaur + 4 hours gameplay gives you a level 150+ dino. **shrug**

Unofficial server with x10 tame, even that said I've had similar level / stat Pteranodons before Kibble and Breeding was even in the game.

Of course kibble isn't worth it on those settings!

Let's say you're taming a 120 ptera:

On x1 rates, it takes:
7 hours and 168 raw meat, and gains 5 levels.
2.3 hours and 58 prime, and gains 27 levels.
Almost an hour and a half and 21 kibble, and gains 51 levels.

On x10, that becomes:
42 minutes and 17 raw meat, and gains 54 levels.
15 minutes and 6 prime, and gains 59 levels.
12 minutes and 3 kibble, and gains 59 levels.

Your adjusted rate has a huge impact on how animals tame out.
It makes it much, much more forgiving, both for not using kibble, and for taming lower levels.
(A level 60 ptera on your settings still gets 28 levels off of raw meat, where on default settings it only gets 27 levels with kibble, and only 4 off of raw meat.)

Point being, those settings alter results so much, you simply can't compare between them. They do a lot more than just reduce taming time!

Best tame I ever got stats roll wise was one of my 150 breeding raptor's, 6k health at KO, thats 145 levels, nearly every single wild level went into health, sadly not a single bonus level went into it tho :(. it was pretty amazing anyways, immediately put her into my breeding program, has since died but that stat roll lives on in her babies. 

• 1 year later...

Archived