The best dino you ever tamed

Tatsu86

Me and a mate downed a quetzal way before we were meant to. It glitched against the volcano and nearly died from the tranq arrows. It was only a level 55, but the tribe only had a couple of trikes, two pterandons, and a handful of dilos and dodos at the time. 

It stayed with us and was an amazing workhorse that really helped us advance. Here's to you, Kingston.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My best tame was my argentavis FENIX was one of my favorites when there was the x2 of tameo and I found them in the volcano of the island had a very nice color I liked a lot until in the tribe that I played they killed me and they voted me for the pure I hate them so much that I dedicate myself to the pve and I have fun so much to breed and tame dinasaurs of terrestrial, aerial and maritime is very fun to see them born and grow I like this game a lot when I play it with a friends that I have a lot of respect "Drew" He helped me a lot and I had my first giganoto and my beloved argentavis FENIX II: D.

My favorite dino was a raptor named Arwen. I pumped only speed into her, and she was the fastest in my pack. She was even a rival of my ptera. 

One day I tamed a sarco with my argy, once i finished, I brought it through the swamp back to base. Then suddenly, a therizino attacked my sarco, I dove in on my melee pumped argy and got it down to 160 hp, my argy got to half health and my poor newly tamed sarco got killed by a titanaboa. 

I killed the therizino and flew too close to the ground to kill the titanaboa, then suddenly a kaprosuchus lunged out of the water, and pulled me off my bird. Seconds later I died.

I waited for the death message of my argy, but it never came. So I assumed she was alive! So I decided to mount my level 60 carno and whistle for my raptor pack to follow. I made a fatal mistake and I was overconfident. I reached the area I had died and found no argy. I turned to head back home, but found my melee pumped raptor (Aragorn) attacking two sarcos. Arwen ran in circles as titanaboas surrounded her. My all rounded raptor Gandalf, was knocked back by a group of kapros and titans. I charged my carno through the mayhem and grief struck me when a message appeared on my screen. My first raptor had died, it was Aragorn, he was killed by a sarco. 

Then Gandalf died, I grew even more frustrated. I was then killed by a kapro and returned on my back up raptor, I found two surviving of the pack. Arwen and my carno. My Carno stood tall as three titans rapidly attacked him. Arwen, bloodied and wounded killed a kapro, but a sarco appeared from the swamp and killed the poor girl. I quickly mounted my carno and killed everything in the area. I retreated home and didn’t play ark for a month.

Rest in peace, Arwen. And all of your dinos too who fell victim to Ark’s beasts.

My best tame stats wise would have to be one Saber on Legacy that tamed out with 50 pt in melee, but we never used it.

The most beloved and most reliable one we had was a Level 50ish Morellatops cow. She was one of our very first tames back on Legacy, I think the 2nd we ever had, and she was amazing. Her name was Bertha and she was with us till the end. She helped us with everything, getting food and resources to build our base, provided us with water and never hesitated to fight off any raptor or sabertooth that got too close. We even used her for hunting and tamed her a mate, Buddy, so she weren't alone. Later she lived a save life in our home and somewhat became our mascot. Out of all our tames we ever had and have now, she'll always have a special place in my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Ma favorite dino was a mutation and it was a thyla. Took forever but I finally managed to get this awesome mutation even with my horrible luck. She’s a bright red thyla with orange stripes and a yellow belly. Her names is Sunset :D She bailed me out of a bunch of trouble for instance running into a surprise giga and just running straight out of it. She also fought bunch of high level rexes that I accidentally ran into lol. She’s now still my favorite Dino and still up and running!

I started playing a month or so after the game started in beta. Good ol PVPVE. When the titanomyrma  were added it made my little nub base uninhabitable as it was right on spawn and i couldn't kill them. So I moved and made a new house and right before I called it quits for the night. a carno came over to beat up my new house. All i had was a 20 something trike and the 30 something Carno was trying to eat it. I stood on top of my house and somehow managed to knock it out, then spent the next few hours T-T taming it.

I named him Fluffy.

Fluffy had a long and eventful life, from that one time he was used to eat my neighbors dinos because he was set to neutral and a grifer kited him over. Surviving the chaos of joining a tribe where half of the dinos didn't change ownership and when a poop plant hit a dodo there was a full on slaughter since everything was set to attack my target. Or when a titanosaur got in and killed 97% of everything, but not Fluffy.  He explored the snow biome with me when it first was implemented and when the mega tribes came, wiping everyone in there path, somehow fluffy persisted.  

I can honestly say he was the oldest tamed dino on that legacy server when it was taken down.

RIP Fluffy.

• 3 months later...

MY absolute favorite was a lvl 120 therizino I tamed at mid game. I have to wait for 2 hour until I finally tame her and her stat was perfect. She had outrageous amount of melee and she save my ass countless of time from car no. I finall manage to get a saddle for her and she had already lvl 185. I manage to take on a giga of my enemy tribe and wreck it with that therizino, as it does tremendous amount of damage and I pump up it speed and stamina to make it a beast. 

She was the only Dino I tamed that I will never leave it. I have over 100 Dino and I still keep her I. A special den so she can live in peace from other tribe

I have 2 rexes to mention , my old albino rex Paul Walker was level 350 but on official and his melee was 750% and soooo many stat mutations (he was a gift from one of the alpha tribes ) homie was borderline perfect and he killed everything,  one on oned with a giga and won (barely), took out several allo gangs with ease and alpha rexes barely tickled him, he got ambushed by 4 rexes 2 were alpha the other 2 were nearby and high level , I guess they heard the roars and wanted to join in...all were decimated  and Paul had 25% of his life left , when I switched too unofficial I gave him to a new player so he can keep on keeping on 

Now theres queen piru , shes level 380 now tamed her at 340 with 600% melee now she has 900% not as much health as Paul but she eats everything , one bites alpha Raptors,  shes gonna make some beautiful babies when I find her a man who's on the same level

And James bond , hes a level 370 event black wyvern I barely do anything without him (white belly looks like a tux lol) hes a monster! Last night he had a showdown with a wild 298 ice wyvern and absolutely embarrassed it ...cause he has 1200% melee hes a bit squishy but that doesnt matter when most dinos don't get a bite in 

Yes my sever is boosted but only slightly so these numbers are still crazy to me

Joined a private dedicated server with about 10 people on it who were fairly progressed. Seeing their mid level gigas and wyverns ect on Ragnarok.

Coming across a 150 giga, trapping, and taming was one of my most memorable moments. Was so stoked to show it off.

Also was really proud of taming a 150 karkinos on abber using a platform para with catapult. It took some practice and some failed attempts but felt great when I finally got it.

Same goes for 150 reaper queen babies. Took forever to find a max level one, but was awesome when it came out.

• 2 months later...

It was 116 male Quetzal, green and black. I called him Smaragd and leveled only his speed (it was before flyers nerf). He was strong, he was fast, he was a good scout and just the best. I used him everywhere, for taming, for crate hunt, for roaming. He was the best because I tamed him during Valentine event with Box'o'Chocolate. Back then the rates were 0.5, so after taming he was higher than any other quetzal could ever be. My quetzals had the best weight and stamina on the server (278 Nitrado PvE).

Have a lot of stories but when i started on ex recently i tamed a 130 trike and she wrecked everything in the city. 

When i decided to move to the desert she got al my stuf trough the wasteland .

and in the desert she was my alarm for rock elementels .

after i tamed my first velon is gave her away to a new guy .

but in learned trikes are great dinos

• 1 month later...

My Titanosaur Zeus(I know, high end tame, I've got tons of other stories but I like this one the most). My tribe had a Giga problem on our mountain. Try as we might, Gigas would spawn no matter what we did. None of them were worth taming, and only caused issues for us. So one day I got fed up with the issue and strapped up my Quetzal to go and find a Titan(Our server had perm-tame on). I gathered all the cannonballs I thought I would need and set out on a 5 irl day trip around the island to find a Titanosaur(Obviously with breaks). It was almost like a camping trip. I'd touch down before I got off, build a little camp to sustain myself and make a mark of where I'd already been, and set off when I came back. Finally, I ran across Zeus on the main river running down the middle of the Island. I set up a camp to provide a respawn point, and immediately got to work. It took me almost three hours to tame him, chase him around, yadayada. When Zeus was finally unconscious, I ran into a problem. I didn't know it wasn't a berry tame. I flew to main base and our tribe assembled a saddle as quickly as we could. I flew back on an Argy, and finally had the solution to our Giga problem. In his lifetime, Zeus racked up twenty-five Giga kills and three Titanosaur kills. We had a big base on him for tribe trips(Walk around the Island taming and having fun). We finally lost Zeus when we transfered servers, as he couldn't be uploaded like our other creatures. We said our goodbyes, and as far as I know he starved to death, though there was a rumor the server admin used DestroyMyTarget to prevent "suffering" which I thought was very kind of him considering we didn't always get along. 

I miss the big guy. It makes me mad that Titans from Extinction were downloadable to other maps(If for a limited time), but Titanosaurs couldn't be. Kinda stings. 

my second and third pteras were two of my most favorite. I tamed both of them very close to my base on rag, both were 135 wild. The first one went through a lot with me, killing sabers, running from carnos, but it met its end at the castle. ? the second ptera, who i named Jim (idk why) was also amazing. unfourtunately, I decided to try and find the wyvern trench, I did, and then got chased by a fire wyvern, which ultimately killed us both.

also my first two lystros got killed by the stupid stealing bird thing (forgot name), and to this day, I have a seething hatred for does dumb birds

Archived