The best dino you ever tamed

Tatsu86

Many proud moments is dino taming. But my all time favorite would probably have to be the first ARGY I ever tamed. He was around 50 level pre-tame, and I can't remember what he finished at, but he was my first argy. I could fly around, carry stuff and attack/defend myself. "Sir Flapsalot" was turned into a air mule, and I used him to haul the resources I needed to build my first ever Argy taming pen. Then I used Sir Flapsalot to kite in about 6 other Argies that I tamed. I only ever bred him once, but he was with me for 5 months.

I recently did a mass culling of my tames on the Island map. I had been breeding Thylas like a crazy man (going for color mutations) and had gotten all the way up to over 550 out of the 600 tame limit. (I play single player) The gameplay was lagging like crazy, so I killed over 450 dinos. Since I had tamed and bred many Argies over level 100 by now, and hadn't used Sir Flapsalot for a couple months, I made him disappear too.  I did hesitate for a second before doing that, but reminded myself, it is jsut a game, and they are just pixels on a screen.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an old thread raised from the grave by some necromancer  4 hours ago :-/

Thylacoleo is one of the best.

-great health

-great stamina

-great weight

-great speed that can be improved further (imprinted ones are the best)

-great melee damage

-can go through almost any obstacle

thou dunno about it's ability to cavecrawl.

Baryonyx is one of my favorite dinosaurs, so I was pretty excited when i finally managed to get my hands on one. I took it a step further and began to breed them, though I didn't get as far into it as I could have, I still managed to pick up some nice stats and mutations along the way. My first couple of imprinted Baryonyx ended up being my 'jack of all trades'. I roamed the land on them, used them to tank hits from dinosaurs while I tamed them, explored oceans and caves with them, and did almost all of my alpha hunting on them.

Not only is it one of my favorite dinosaurs in general, but Ark made it such a great mount that it's my go-to for that, too. I'm currently working on breeding up a high-end one on Ragnarok now.

Favorite tame was my early game level 80 Carno. She found her way to our poorly protected base and murdered so many tames. I grabbed the crossbow and tranq's and stood on the roof as she slaughtered a trike, a stego, so many dodo's and dilo's. I kept tranqing her until she bolted and ran her down on foot. Dropping her a little up the beach. I mulled over killing her for her crimes against my tames but realized I had the proper amount of anky eggs to tame her and decided indenturing her was a more fitting punishment. 

My anger with her quickly subsided as I started stomping along my area. Harvesting meat in quantities I couldn't believe. using her as a tank and protector to replace the tames she had offed. I never worried about my tames when offline with her standing guard. I walked through the swamps (pre-kapro) with ease and harvested prime meat in mass quantities off of Paracers. 

I grew her (Cara was her name) to a level 180 (almost full levels) and felt unstoppable.

Sadly I lost her coming off of the mountain at 77/47 one night. I had the Parasaur up there and had just finished harvesting metal and crystal when night rushed in like a LB keying onto the blindside of a QB. It started to rain and fogged choked my vision so I got turned around coming down the mountain and ended up on the wrong beach. I began to make my trek around to my safe haven when I ran into the first Theri who ambushed my Parasaur. It was a lower level so I threw myself into battle when a second Theri came to it's aid. I dipped briefly to check the level's and felt confident that I could take them both. Unfortunately there was a 3rd Theri, level 150 and despite Cara's efforts the odds quickly overwhelmed her. 

Goodnight Queen of 82/42. You were always my favorite. 

My first perfect tame Pelagornis had high Stam pre and post tame. By the time I was done leveling it the stats were 2,000 Health roughly, a little over 2,600 Stam, 150 speed and roughly 350 weight with 3 accidental level ups in food. Post Nerf it got castrated to 700 or somethin like that.

3 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

My first perfect tame Pelagornis had high Stam pre and post tame. By the time I was done leveling it the stats were 2,000 Health roughly, a little over 2,600 Stam, 150 speed and roughly 350 weight with 3 accidental level ups in food. Post Nerf it got castrated to 700 or somethin like that.

I feel you there. My Ptera army (PvE so why but fun anyway) Charlie, Maverick, Goose, Viper, Iceman, all 120 or higher kibble tames, never needed to come down from the sky. 3000+ stam across the board and then when they nerfed it, dropped to 600, like what? That was the only real issue I had with the flyer nerf. The ridiculous amount of stamina it stole. 

My best on official was a 112 Bronto. I guarded him for so many hours to not being attacked and 8 hours after it tamed, he was killed by a bunch of douchebags who killed him just for the kill... After that I never touched official again.

My best on unofficial was my first Therizino (lvl 145 / veggie-tame). It lost a lot of efficiency but still wrecked everything in my way. Never forget the time just running around the island for many many hours just to get those levels! :D 

My favorite tame was a raptor named Ruthie, tamed her when I first started playing ark 3 years ago and didnt really know what I was doing yet, lol. Just getting her was a challange. It was my own private island server, official rates, pre breeding and biomes. Saw a lvl 80 raptor in our cove and we just had to have it. So i hopped on my turtle tank and grab agro, and we knock her out. Shortly after a spino spawns nearby and i panic because we had nothing to kill it. I run back to base, grab a bunch of arrows and my turtle, and grab agro on the spino and slowly kite it away, when Im a safe distance away i hop off the turtle and start shooting the spino. Spino looses interest, attacks a nearby bronto, bronto kills me. I respawn, spino kills the bronto then starts attacking my turtle again, and ends up within throwing distance of the raptor before it finally goes down. What a rush, lol. And then we got to tame Ruthie on prime

She was a beast. My highest tame and 1st battle mount. I used her for everything. Before the killwilddinoscommand we would go on killing sprees on the beach when new dinos came out and she could kill anything. We had a lot of close calls but she always brought me home. She was the only dino i every fully leveled and she had about 10k hp in the end (i think i boosted hp per lvl). Sadly, when breeding came out, we retired her and she became just an egg layer for our kibble farm...but I will always remember my 1st battle mount, lol

• 4 months later...

My favorite tame was this level 51 Raptor. I was very low leveled and had only 1 bola and a wooden club, then I saw this message at the top of my screen: Your Lamchops - lv 13 (Moschops) was killed by a Raptor - lv 51. My Lamchops was at my base, so when I get back to my thatch shack, there isn’t a shack. But, there was a white male raptor with some red on the feathers and the arm thing. I pull out my single bola and throw it at the raptor and it traps him. I start smacking him with my wooden club, praying he doesn’t get out of the bola because he would easily kill me. He gets knocked out and I shove some meat and tons of narco berries in him. He’s finally tamed after 27 minutes and I put on the saddle and start killing dilophosaurs because I hate them. I log off the server and then the next day I join the server me and my Raptor dead. Rest In Peace awesome Raptor. :raptor:

B897D1B8-3240-4A54-9DCF-0C4DE85F493D.jpeg

Mine would have to be my first Megatherium level 250 after honey tame and some nice leveling, Mitchy Moo  (named after my pal Mitchel because of the similarities). Me and him went off between the snow biome and obsidian mountain with his 11k hp and 435 melee, killing scorpions to get the buff then vaporizing alpha raptors, carnos, and rexs along with anything else unfortunate enough to come our way. I don't think the Megatheriums get enough credit for how great they are. Totally recommend it to all especially for fighting the Broodmother. 

On 9/5/2017 at 2:58 PM, Akherousia said:

Baryonyx is one of my favorite dinosaurs, so I was pretty excited when i finally managed to get my hands on one. I took it a step further and began to breed them, though I didn't get as far into it as I could have, I still managed to pick up some nice stats and mutations along the way. My first couple of imprinted Baryonyx ended up being my 'jack of all trades'. I roamed the land on them, used them to tank hits from dinosaurs while I tamed them, explored oceans and caves with them, and did almost all of my alpha hunting on them.

Not only is it one of my favorite dinosaurs in general, but Ark made it such a great mount that it's my go-to for that, too. I'm currently working on breeding up a high-end one on Ragnarok now.

God I feel you there. I absolutely love Baryonyx myself and Ark really did a good job to keep them on such a high pedestal. Too bad they're so hard to tame unless you have the kibble for them. Otherwise I would only tame them for a small sized mount.

It has to be my first giga.

Level 15 Giga, a long time ago when I just started out.

A friend of mine was pestering me to buy Ark so I did, but he really didn't know what he was doing and when he started up it was on the Centre PRIM +

( we didnt even know there was different mode with better technology )

Anyways, we saved up tranq arrows and narcotics for days.

We made 2000  Tranq arrows and 3000 narcotics, behemoth gates and bear traps and off we set sail on our wooden raft to find a giga.

When we got to lava island we saw it straight away ,running around killing everything in sight.

We also had our ptera on the raft with us to help kite him to the trap.

After a few deaths and losing the ptera we had it in the trap and we started to unload on him, he was taking the arrows like they were nothing and just chomped away at the gates.

Eventually nd after many broken crossbows he started to try escape, the game lagged and he got out of the trap! my tribemate was screaming "noooo"  but I said " CHASE HIM, GET THE F/UCKER " so we did, as it ran off into the distance it was my last 20 arrows that took him down.

I will never forget the cheers and feeling off accomplishment when we took him down.

We tamed him with raw meat and managed to fit him onto the raft.

The rest of our tribe were offline when we did it, there was only us two out there and they were amazed when they logged on to see what we had.

No competition, my best tame is far and away Smaug.

He was at the time a perfect kibble tame, and like any truly good tame he was a true challenge to down, came very close to killing me. Back before animals fled when their torpor got too high, granted. But I was very lucky I had my high HP battle bird and the creative use of the only rocks in the area. Spinos have never been easy tames, but Smaug was a challenge and a half even for me.

The moment he stood up was one of my best Ark moments. From then on we were nigh inseparable companions. Back then (before gigas even) most people had rexes, so Smaug quickly became a very distinctive presence on the server. Everyone recognized golden Smaug when we were out and about. We went everywhere, got tons of levels, met no challenge we couldn't overcome. Our best moment by far: level 100 alpha rex, getting close to bases in the area. It was the first Fear Evolved event too so it was a skeletal rex. We didn't hesitate, Smaug and I, we threw ourselves into the fight with only a non-tribed quetz for support. One proud spino going toe to toe with the biggest, baddest force on The Island. It's a shame spinos didn't roar back then, because it was a victory earned with blood and unrelenting strength in the face of adveristy.

Unfortunately shortly after that came the Great Nerf, which crippled all tamed animals to that point. And shortly after that our server wiped due to a host change. But! I actually still have my beloved Smaug, though he is no longer the King of The Island. He is safely stowed away in the obelisk, awaiting his time to return. I had him before breeding existed, so now that it's a thing we can come back bigger and better than ever, and one day he will be reborn and retake his vacant throne.

Did I mention mighty Smaug also happens to be the dossier spino?

smaug.thumb.jpg.cb96c4dd2e1a0611094e723d9a9438be.jpg

I have had many, many spinos before and since, but none have ever come close to him.

on legacy i tamed a lvl 115 giga that tamed out with 215 melee (39pts).
mated it with a level 60 giga we tamed some weeks earlier.
first egg from it mutated to 225 melee.
used it all the time to get meat for the babies. or collect pelt in snow biome and level up to 100 with killing titans.
my favorite animal for half a year.

on the new servers best fav dino so far is a 24k hp basilo, now mutated 4 times to 27840hp.
they allow me to do hard water without getting nervous being stuck between 10 dunky boosted by a lvl 300 alpha shark.

• 5 months later...

It was early game for me in a solo world, just lost my 70 Pterodon LaMarcus Aldridge to a Argie, so I was looking for a replacement. Saw a level 80 one and quickly tamed it up and named it Karl Maloon. 

It was the best decision ever. 

He has survived the inevitable. 

Once when we were knocking out a rex I fell off a cliff and died. My friend also died due to a nearby diplo that knocked him off a cliff. 

I booked it back to the site and saw the rex hitting Maloon. The Pterodon tanked 20 hits from it as we finally knocked it out. 

We have had dinosaurs come and go and the only member of our "original" gang of dinosaurs is Karl.

Archived