July Survivor League Championship & Community Crunch 59!

Jatheish

1 hour ago, DaEndGame said:

Where did it say "and ARK Digest" mate. I don't recall seeing it. 

Jovial Jibes aside, the next digest should be here soon and pray that one of your questions are in it!

The very first row mentions it:

Hello Survivors,

Welcome to your latest edition of the Community Crunch and ARK Digest!

Then no questions answered nor is the lack thereof addressed, which confuses me (and possibly others).

2 hours ago, Kimsie said:

Then no questions answered nor is the lack thereof addressed, which confuses me (and possibly others).

I didn't seen it, sorry. Anyway it was probably a typo.

Almost all CC's and AD's start with it and only ever change if there is something big in it. ie the Titan and Red woods update.

Edited: below this post, @GamerPerfection basically explains what I'm saying here, except in a much better way.

Edited by DaEndGame

• Volunteer Moderator
30 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Most logical explanation is it's a copy paste error. I suspect the majority of the post is a template as the wording rarely changes from crunch to crunch so it makes sense to copy/paste it as a template. Obviously the digest wording was accidentally left in, or in the case of a few weeks ago there was mention that the digest didn't make it so maybe this time they just forgot to mention it.

@DaEndGame and @GamerPerfection I do realise this : ) I was merely clarifying since you, DaEndGame had missed the text. However, thanks for your replies : ) And I was hoping that upon highlighting this mistake, the devs or someone who knew would address it and let us know whether they are cancelling it altogether or just postponing it.

• Volunteer Moderator
49 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

@DaEndGame and @GamerPerfection I do realise this : ) I was merely clarifying since you, DaEndGame had missed the text. However, thanks for your replies : ) And I was hoping that upon highlighting this mistake, the devs or someone who knew would address it and let us know whether they are cancelling it altogether or just postponing it.

The digest won't be cancelled. It may be missed on occasion if Jeremy doesn't get time to go through the questions and answer them. But if it's missed one week then hopefully it will be included in the following week.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Ryuk said:

What do we have to do to get our dossiers featured twice like some of these ones? 

I don't think dossiers are meant to be featured twice. Sometimes errors happen.

If anyone wants their Dossier to be noticed for inclusion in the Crunch if it hasn't yet then actually post a link to your dossier in the crunch thread ready for submission. That way it should guarantee that it doesn't get overlooked and should help reduce mistakes.

I am a big fan of ark and have been playing it since it came out on console. Ive even got to the point i watch all of the sotf matches on twitch at work. I unfortunately havent seen anything about a release of sotf to Xbox one. I saw there was a release to Playstation that had some glitches, and i know you are working on primitive plus but is it even a possibitlity that sotf will come Xbox?

-Reideger

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Reideger said:

I am a big fan of ark and have been playing it since it came out on console. Ive even got to the point i watch all of the sotf matches on twitch at work. I unfortunately havent seen anything about a release of sotf to Xbox one. I saw there was a release to Playstation that had some glitches, and i know you are working on primitive plus but is it even a possibitlity that sotf will come Xbox?

-Reideger

SOTF will be coming to Xbox. You'll just have to be patient a bit longer i'm afraid.

Congrats to the winners! I see the same folks picking up awards with some regularity--really need to step up my game to try and win one I guess. This Community Crunch is a great way for creators to share their work, and I love how much is submitted. Ark has a great community of players and these weekly contests really prove it, bravo guys!

On 8/6/2016 at 8:56 AM, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

It's turned out to be significantly more complex to properly package up P+ for console release than we anticipated. Basically, can't have 5 minute load times on console,  

(But yes, we have some of our engineers working on it every day and it's getting done, should be submitted to Microsoft soon -- it's requiring some new technical pipelines to package it up in a manner that we can maintain without having every Xbox update be 4GB -- Xbox updates aren't packaged with per-byte differences like Steam updates, but rather only per-file which) 

Looking forward to playing P+ on Xbox with ya soon,
Jeremy

Thank You, this i what we want to hear. A real reason on why its taking long rather than it will be out soon. Honestly thank you lol i understand now. 

Keep the good work up, cant wait for the rest. 

On 8/6/2016 at 6:19 PM, FlyinJapman4 said:

I've been getting on ARK every night in hopes of the update. An Allo pack would really help with this herd of Brontos on my island. Seriously...like seven Brontos across the cove from me, and two more on a small island a few feet out of the cove. I don't have the means to tame a Rex yet...

Tame a bunch of scorpions wtih rotten meat and you should be good if you have the other ingreds.

• lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic