My husband has been unable to join my Primitive+ Non-Dedicated Server, and I can't seem to find any helpful information to fix it. We've tried closing our firewalls, restarting the game multiple times, uninstalling and reinstalling Primitive+, and nothing has worked so far. He always gets the error message "Unable to query server info for invite." Has anyone else experienced this problem but managed to fix it? I could use all the help I can find!

I've only run a dedicated rental server so I can speak for knowing how non dedicated games work, but do you get any sort of option where ports are chosen or displayed?  Ark normally runs on 2 different ports.  one is the QUERY port and the other is the actual connection port.  If this last patch did something like screw up the default config where it tries to make them both be the same port, it would break for example.

If you DO have a port section/config somewhere in there, make sure they are 1 port number different.

Also pick high ports in the 10k range.  Like port 27000 and 27001   or 17288 and 17289.  Lower port numbers are generally reserved for specific internet services like HTTP (80)  FTP (20 and 21)  etc.  Under 1024 is a no no (usually)

On August 5, 2016 at 7:43 AM, ninjairken said:

My husband has been unable to join my Primitive+ Non-Dedicated Server, and I can't seem to find any helpful information to fix it. We've tried closing our firewalls, restarting the game multiple times, uninstalling and reinstalling Primitive+, and nothing has worked so far. He always gets the error message "Unable to query server info for invite." Has anyone else experienced this problem but managed to fix it? I could use all the help I can find!

I have recently purchased a test server just to mess around on, and experience some of the bugs.   What I noticed is if you tried to connect via steam server search, I always got that error.   What I would say, and it worked for me is, search for the server via IP on steam server list, set it as favorite, and then start your game up, ensure primitive plus is running, go into the join server section, switch to the filter my favorites, and the server should now be in that list while in ark.   Then try to connect.   

I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Grimm said:

I have recently purchased a test server just to mess around on, and experience some of the bugs.   What I noticed is if you tried to connect via steam server search, I always got that error.   What I would say, and it worked for me is, search for the server via IP on steam server list, set it as favorite, and then start your game up, ensure primitive plus is running, go into the join server section, switch to the filter my favorites, and the server should now be in that list while in ark.   Then try to connect.   

I hope this helps.

Unfortunately that is one of the many things my husband did in an attempt to join my game, but thank you for the input!

Archived