Direwolves - Pack Bonus?

Daedros

12 minutes ago, Daedros said:

So now that the Allosaurus has been introduced with a Pack Bonus, will Direwolves finally be getting this bonus as well? They really need it, especially considering how squishy they are without Armor.

They are really squishy one on one, but a wild mate boosted pack (without bonus) shreds.. I wonder if they'll reduce dmg on them .. imagine meeting 5 pack boosted mate boosted in the wild..

If not, maybe they're going for the "glass cannon" aporoach. I guess the allo is the test dummy for this. They'll adjust the dmg modifier accordingly for wolves I would assume 

Dire Wolves were made to be 'squishy,' as a balance to their damage output once in packs. Now, I'm not referring to a pack buff, but instead the damage output of multiple Dire Wolves attacking simultaneously at a target, as they are quite fast. I have a pack of five 150 perfect-tamed Dire Wolves (Yes, I take pride in them) and they seem to do a great job, killing the target before they can take significant damage. I've leveled them up on health points and mêlée damage.

However, an alpha buff would be a nice addition. Perhaps, a similar bleed mechanic?

58 minutes ago, Astroneer said:

Dire Wolves were made to be 'squishy,' as a balance to their damage output once in packs. Now, I'm not referring to a pack buff, but instead the damage output of multiple Dire Wolves attacking simultaneously at a target, as they are quite fast. I have a pack of five 150 perfect-tamed Dire Wolves (Yes, I take pride in them) and they seem to do a great job, killing the target before they can take significant damage. I've leveled them up on health points and mêlée damage.

However, an alpha buff would be a nice addition. Perhaps, a similar bleed mechanic?

Do you not think adding a bonus will make them OP? 

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Do you not think adding a bonus will make them OP? 

You would have to have a pack which would require more work/kibble/time and also moving around with pack to attack would require more put into it then a rex or spino so if you look at it Like that then it would still be balanced.. 

1 hour ago, Avios said:

It was confirmed in the ARK Digest that they will be working on adding the Alpha Bonus for the Wolves very soon, so don't worry ^.^

(P.S. I hate wolves tbh, I play on a no-fly server in the winter biome, they come in swarms ;~;)

48 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

You would have to have a pack which would require more work/kibble/time and also moving around with pack to attack would require more put into it then a rex or spino so if you look at it Like that then it would still be balanced.. 

I agree with your point ep1c, but I think there's going to be a rebalanced of their melee once it's implemented. (In a pure tamed wolf vs player/environment standpoint)

What I was more referring to was the first quote , where in the wild .. a pack of wild mate boosted pack boosted.

I feel your pain @Avios I play a few no fliers and my bred spino on my official one, almost got taken out the other day by a pack of em.. didn't notice two of em lodged themselves in my spinos butt.. and couldn't move because of it haha

For the record: I'm all for the change, and I love wolves. I'd hate for a ninja nerf to ruin one of my favorite things to breed

11 hours ago, d1nk said:

They are really squishy one on one, but a wild mate boosted pack (without bonus) shreds.. I wonder if they'll reduce dmg on them .. imagine meeting 5 pack boosted mate boosted in the wild..

If not, maybe they're going for the "glass cannon" aporoach. I guess the allo is the test dummy for this. They'll adjust the dmg modifier accordingly for wolves I would assume 

New content?

Wolf dens, 1 alpha (not a elite alpha dino) wolf with 2-4 mates?

Same with bears?

Would be fun.

Archived