Primitive Plus 1.1 Patch Notes

complexminded

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Savoy7 said:

will engram points be refunded when defunct engrams already learned are removed in patch? like shotgun shells?

I believe in the normal game this is the case so would expect this to happen here. 

I know when I've added mods, learnt stuff, then delete the mod, I have the engram points back again. Only time shall tell I guess, but in theory, yes.

11 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

so hey @complexminded..ppsssssstttttttttt hey buddy hey.. over here...how bout you push that patch out? you know you want to, all the cool kids are doing it.  Everyone knows you're just a nobody until you push a patch.  c'mmooonnnnn give it a try..

Hehe totally agree. I'd rather have 20% done than 80% broke.  (exaggerating, but you know what I mean)

Well the weekend is over (at least for me in germany) - no patch, no new messages on the status - i´m a little bit disappointet - only in the lack of communication in the last 3 days - i believe that complexminded is really busy working and doing stuff - maybe the people from Wildcard too, that are in charge to put the update out - but the communication is really bad the last 2 days - i really would like to hear an update on the status and the ETA...

Yeah, after checking these forums every couple of hours over the past 4 days, this lack of communication really is quite frustrating.  My server has certainly been enjoying primitive+ but, as everyone levels up and their needs grow accordingly, these bugs are now basically on the level of game-breaking.  
While I completely understand the reluctance to push updates too often due to concerns of irritating server owners, this is probably just as bad.  I acknowledge that everyone has different preferences and perspectives but I'm more than okay with having to update my server once every day or two.  I would get very annoyed when certain mod authors I won't name here would push 5 forced (new GUID) updates per day over the weekend.  
In summary, I think many of us would like to see more frequent updates as long as they're not too frequent.  

And disregarding the subject of update frequency preferences altogether, communication is vital.

I feel the same way, we've had Primitive+ on our servers since the day CM released it. We're never gonna change it to anything else but the lack of communication will kill the repuation of this TC. A lot of people on my servers (probably around 40-50%) have decided to stop playing it - especially after the promises of a less buggy DLC release.

Very frustrating, especially when you see the HUGE list of fixes just sitting there - these could of been released during the week and everyone would of been pleased, everyone on our servers would still be playing the TC. Now they aren't and it's doubtful they'll come back which is a _HUGE_ shame because Prim+ is awesome as hell. We wouldn't be playing ARK still if it wasn't for this TC.

I fear a lot of damage has been done with this DLC launch and will take a long ass while to repair its reputation  However I won't be removing this from my servers, I'm still 100% behind the TC, I'd offer a hand to CM and get everyone on our server to test if he wants as it seems the current testers have no clue.

Keep your chin up though, it will get better and better. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs  

After 5 days of looking on the forums this lack of communication is really frustrating. Our 120 Slot Server has been enjoying primitve+ but, as everyone levels up and their needs grow accordingly, these bugs are now basically on the level of game-breaking. A lot of people on my servers (probably around 40-50%) have decided to stop playing it - especially after the promises of a less buggy DLC release. We have gone from having have a full server on P+ Launch to having Under 50 online. I blame this to the lack of communication with Server Admins with the correct details on when bugs are fixed.

PS: On the Plus Side it gave us a few days to balance dinos for primitve+ 

Finger Crossed Update comes out ASAP  its Monday in Aus today. 

Im hoping they have fixed the indestructible storage boxes, and some caves giving loot not meant to be in p+. (been a while since an update) Those two are the mayor game breaking-bugs remaining. Its time too put the + back into primitive +, right now its primitive -. I can live with not being able to craft wine and some wonky snapping/fitting etc for a while longer. 

For the future, i hope they will prioritize the fixes a bit more. Like "what do we need to get on right away and push out ASAP, and what can wait" 
Like "gamebraking bugs" - "missing content/content not working at all" and then "fine tuning/minor bugs(things that work(ish) but are wonky for example the glass lumber walls or the foundation is a bit too high". 

The problem was to fix missing stuff he had to wait for the devkit to update. I am going on the assumption based on his wording that WC said the devkit would be updated sooner than it was, hence the delay.

You also have to remember that they now host official servers for this, so they likely aren't going to like, and approve, a vast amount of small updates that are going to require the servers to be updated every day.

I think office politics plays a large part in this, and the delays. Whilst a patch to fix some of the issues earlier on would have been nice, we'd still have been left with a vast amount of problems that still hindered the gameplay in some way. The patches also need to be tested thoroughly, preferably by people who actually know how to play the DLC.

Couple of things WC can learn from this:

A) Allow your DLC developers to have access to the current and up to date resources. This is no longer a workshop mod, they need access to everything to make it up to date and work properly with current release builds.

B) Don't use testers who have no idea about the product in question.

C) Communicate better. A fair bit of anger can be alleviated quite easily by communicating, giving reasons, and giving assurances.

- My thoughts anyway.

Archived