Primitive Plus 1.1 Patch Notes

complexminded

I found out something that is very broken. 

For some reason the trap bait(not fish trap) gives a very high amout of xp considering how easy it is to craft(1 fresh meat). It gives like 10xp and you can craft 500 of them almost instantly. This is very broken since you can level up extremely fast just by crafting some bait. I used it to get from level 20 to level 65 in like 10 mins. 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I don't have a primitive plus server, I can say that it seems that since the latest ark patch, I've had several issues with the "host timed out" error with my server.   I currently have a server with Host Havoc.   I had to end up rolling back my server with one of the previous .ark saved files, which cleared it up for a while (one instance was a week, one was a few days).    I was told by the support to validate my files, and to create a new saved folder as my file was getting corrupted.   I have since disabled my auto restart I had set up, as we noticed a trend that the server seemed to act up, after a scheduled auto restart.   If after a while, I seem to not have an issue, I will update this.

2 minutes ago, Fledermaus said:

I found out something that is very broken. 

For some reason the trap bait(not fish trap) gives a very high amout of xp considering how easy it is to craft(1 fresh meat). It gives like 10xp and you can craft 500 of them almost instantly. This is very broken since you can level up extremely fast just by crafting some bait. I used it to get from level 20 to level 65 in like 10 mins. 

Gives a very small amount of XP on a x2 server, however I agree the XP gain per cost of item is too high. Have added to the non bug related issues part of the bug thread.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

Gives a very small amount of XP on a x2 server, however I agree the XP gain per cost of item is too high. Have added to the non bug related issues part of the bug thread.

Its not just that it is too high. its just that it takes no time to craft. Is easy to craft(1 meat) and isnt it like 1 meat=5 bait?

* New Dev Kit Hooks: Mods can now Remove engrams from the game, as well as append additional Dinosaur spawns without having to completely override the Dinosaur spawn entries.  Requires server update.

I have a question. I have been told that Primitive+ currently rewrites the config each time the mod starts, which blocks other mods from running with it. Does this solve that problem?

So BETA 1 is the correct version?

The version that comes with the DLC download is the correct one. It should work like a normal server update once the patch drops.

Per a Twitter response he is hoping to have the Prim plus patch out tonight. I would expect it tonight or tomorrow hopefully. His list has grown and he wants to do a large patch rather than multiple small ones. 

@LostHoursGaming Hopefully tomm night. A lot of patches will frustrate server owners, so trying to make sure there are a good # of fixes

42 minutes ago, LostHoursVidiot said:

Per a Twitter response he is hoping to have the Prim plus patch out tonight. I would expect it tonight or tomorrow hopefully. His list has grown and he wants to do a large patch rather than multiple small ones. 

@LostHoursGaming Hopefully tomm night. A lot of patches will frustrate server owners, so trying to make sure there are a good # of fixes

" A lot of patches will frustrate server owners", so clearly he is not following WC's process of put out an update every hour to add 1 minor, inconsequential ability that barely 10% of users would even benefit from!

1 minute ago, complexminded said:

List updated! Since we have quite a few changes in this next build, I think it warrants an update.  I will probably squeeze in a few more fixes then get this patch ready for prime time!

Thanks for your hard work.

Next time, though, just ask us to check the DLC beforehand. We are glad to help you out with that and make the next big update a lot smoother.

• Wildcard Community
2 minutes ago, Hiramas said:

Thanks for your hard work.

Next time, though, just ask us to check the DLC beforehand. We are glad to help you out with that and make the next big update a lot smoother.

Yep, lesson learned.  We had some testers look at it but I think most of them may have been unfamiliar with P+ to begin with, making to hard to really "test".

• Wildcard Community
1 minute ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

@complexminded - Might want to check the bottom of the list, you've duplicated a few of the fixes listed

Think I got them all.  I just wanted to make myself look more productive ;)  I'll end up going through and formatting these patch notes in a bit.

4 minutes ago, complexminded said:

Think I got them all.  I just wanted to make myself look more productive   I'll end up going through and formatting these patch notes in a bit.

Not quite

Above the adobe foundation part, delete this 4:

FIXED - Large storage (non primitive) can be walked/clipped through the same as the small storage box.

FIXED - Windmill is not converting grains with crude oil in (rice/wheat)

FIXED - Stone fences (big and small) allow you to walk through them as well as dinosaurs. Shows a checkaboard texture when placing (assume this is normal?)

FIXED - Large and small storage boxes cannot be damaged.

- Then you can add another -

Fixed the Fixed section

Edit: why don't my smileys appear when I post! >_<

9 hours ago, TheWebDoctor said:

The actual error is "Host Connection Timeout". Players receive this error when attempting to connect and have to retry connecting multiple times into the server finally lets them in.

Note - Not everyone has this problem. Some players don't get this error at all.

Off-topic, which server host are you using? 

I am using Survival Servers as a server host.

On ‎02‎.‎01‎.‎2016 at 1:06 PM, Jen said:

Current Version: v245.95

* New Dev Kit Hooks: Mods can now Remove engrams from the game, as well as append additional Dinosaur spawns without having to completely override the Dinosaur spawn entries.  Requires server update.

@complexminded Will this devkit update change anything in regards to Primitive+ and the ability to use other (compatible) mods?

Archived