Primitive Plus 1.1 Patch Notes

complexminded

1 hour ago, AmatorPhasma said:
Any sign of life from the developers?

None at all. Last post both here and twitter was when the patch came out a little over a week ago. Complexminded has not visited these forums since to comment on any of the ongoing issues, or the multitude of new ones since. Nor has any of the community team come on to address any of the concerns raised. 

This unfortunately, is something many have come to expect from WC now, especially on this DLC. They have had ample chance to change this perspective but seemingly refuse to do so.

All we can do currently, is keep posting bugs as we find them, and hope that one day, this DLC will actually work as it should.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

I have like a 20% success rate, including todays failure.

I HAD TO TRY GUYS.

Yeah, I sent a tweet the other day, just simply asking how the patch is coming along.  Not even for an ETA, etc..  I failed as well, so you're not alone.

Edit:. I'm simply going to tell myself, "the lack of presence simply means he is working his ass off to make this a huge ass patch that will tackle 3/4 of the bug list."

1 hour ago, Shizolator said:

Any chance we'll see the P+ straight stairs brought back?  The spiral staircases look great, but aren't very functional.

At this moment, who knows.  It's a crap shoot right now, for what we will get and when we get it.  I'm sure if they had it before it became a DLC, then I'm sure @complexminded will be bringing it back. 

I also have noticed that Jen and Jat have been posting on twitter the other day they are getting prepared for PAX, so I'm sure Complex is as well.   That could be the reason for no one really posting anything on the forums, etc.   Just a guess though.  

I imagine we probably wont see the next primitve+ patch until the next major ark patch hits on (around, lol) the 1st.  I do really wish @complexmindedor the other ark devs would at least poke their head in here every few days and comment on stuff tho.  I get not wanting to commit to dates, etc,etc especially after missing so many expected target dates and the mob bringing out the torches and pitchforks every time they do, but we still at least need a general presence here replying and responding to the stuff not related to asking for dates.

Even if Ced is too busy working on stuff to do it himself, certainly some OTHER ark dev or community manager or people relations or customer support person plays primitive+ and can liaison between us and Ced to help get questions answered, suggestions looked at, and provide a general "dev presence" here. 

5 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

I imagine we probably wont see the next primitve+ patch until the next major ark patch hits on (around, lol) the 1st.  I do really wish @complexmindedor the other ark devs would at least poke their head in here every few days and comment on stuff tho.  I get not wanting to commit to dates, etc,etc especially after missing so many expected target dates and the mob bringing out the torches and pitchforks every time they do, but we still at least need a general presence here replying and responding to the stuff not related to asking for dates.

Even if Ced is too busy working on stuff to do it himself, certainly some OTHER ark dev or community manager or people relations or customer support person plays primitive+ and can liaison between us and Ced to help get questions answered, suggestions looked at, and provide a general "dev presence" here. 

Yeah, 

and that's why I had said in another post, not sure if any of the community managers are supposed to do it and if they don't have one, hire or ask someone to comb through these forums every few days, look for the really hot topics and questions, relay those to who has the answers, expect and hold those employees responsible to take 30 minutes to quickly answer to the best they can, relay the answers back to that one person, and then have said person relay it all back to us.  I'm sure that would put out a lot of the fires, and then the ones creating the game can continue working on the components they are responsible for, and don't have to worry about not poking their heads on here so frequently.  I know that's what the Ark digest is about, but normally it's answers to upcoming stuff, or game ideas.   

Just a thought though.

Its been said many times but not something they are going to change. Jat did a long twitter post before for the xbox launch being delayed for Primi+. Naturally this got linked to on a closed topic on these very forums so nobody could argue back, to both his response on the forum, or about the twitter post that could be easily overlooked. It's not even hyperlinked to make it a little bit more effort to access. The post is here for those who have not seen it:

But one part stood out in particular. The stating

yes it should have been communicated better but that's something we'll always suck at

Why? As a Community Manager, it is surely your job to uphold your job title, and that involves communicating efficiently. If you are unable to do that, then you are probably not in the right job. Jen is also listed down as a Community Manager. So, you have 2 community managers who are doing a relatively poor job at relaying info to the community. What does this tell you?

In a somewhat more unrelated moan here; Jen also seems to be under the impression that Primitive+ DOES WORK with mods. See the following Twitter corrospondence:

brendon turvey ‏@BrendonTurvey Aug 21
@bubblywums Hey Jen is it possible to install mods with total conversion for example Primitive+

Jen
‏@bubblywums
@BrendonTurvey Yes and no, some mods are not compatible.

----

What I wrote on STEAM regarding this, i'll directly copy/paste, because my opinion has not changed: 

"All this does is show me how out of touch they are with both their own game and this DLC in particular, along with the community surrounding it."

For their own community manager to be spreading misinformation regarding mods, when it has been stated countless times that you cannot use mods with this DLC in full working harmony, is terrible. She has now put it out there that you can use mods. This will in turn lead to people continuously trying to use mods with it, believing they are doing something wrong when they don't work. Or, blaming the other mod makers.

There is so much blame shifting and next to nothing on taking ownership of the problem and addressing the problem. There has been nothing in form of proper apology that doesn't attempt to blame someone, or something else. Nobody has come on to own up to the shambles of recent weeks and state what they are going to do to A) address the issues, and B) ensure nothing like this happens again.

So, whilst I will continue to keep an eye on bugs for this DLC, and will continue updating threads etc for it all, the lack of honesty and deniability over issues has lost my respect for them considerably, along with my interest in the game itself now. When you feel you are being let down over and over again, and there is a lack of care given towards issues at hand, you become disinterested and disheartened in the product itself.

I have nothing more to say on this subject. Everyone is able to make their own opinions on the subject at hand. I'm not trying to slate people in particular or attempt a witchhunt with my unholdable longbow and invisible arrows, but if you hold the title of Community Manager, then at least know your own game properly, its DLC, and what does and does not work properly. Its basic things. Oh, and be able to communicate efficiently.

Feel like im staring at the slowly decaying corpse of Primitive+. Nobody helping it, nobody is even acknowledging it. Theres bugs all over it, and there are some really little bugs that could just be taken off if there was like maybe half an hour putting into fixing them. You cant even craft the allo saddle, and the Sept/1 patch is going to have new flyers. I just dont know anymore. So many things broken. And what about the Xbox users? Can you imagine how they feel left in the dark. Nobody is asking for a limb here were just asking for some kind of sign that the dev is doing something or that he is at least aware of all these prevalent issues in this mod. If he cant fix them, he needs to maybe look at one of the many hundreds of mod creators for ark and ask for some help. At this point its pure selfishness and really shameful. {if theres an issue with something out of life hes dealing with, I completely understand, but everyone these days has access to a phone or computer, there should be no excuse for this. Pull it together please.

5 minutes ago, Hunt said:

Feel like im staring at the slowly decaying corpse of Primitive+. Nobody helping it, nobody is even acknowledging it. Theres bugs all over it, and there are some really little bugs that could just be taken off if there was like maybe half an hour putting into fixing them. You cant even craft the allo saddle, and the Sept/1 patch is going to have new flyers. I just dont know anymore. So many things broken. And what about the Xbox users? Can you imagine how they feel left in the dark. Nobody is asking for a limb here were just asking for some kind of sign that the dev is doing something or that he is at least aware of all these prevalent issues in this mod. If he cant fix them, he needs to maybe look at one of the many hundreds of mod creators for ark and ask for some help. At this point its pure selfishness and really shameful. {if theres an issue with something out of life hes dealing with, I completely understand, but everyone these days has access to a phone or computer, there should be no excuse for this. Pull it together please.

They have said there will be a patch soon, they have said the Sept 1 (I think they said this) will be for Xbox. I know many of us here would like to read more every few days, but they even said that isn't going to happen. 

I guess we just have to be patient.

I don't really think there is any chance primitive plus won't be supported, there are official servers with it. Seems unlikely they would just pull the plug on those. 

Sept. 1 is just under a week away, I think I can wait  

In the mean time, exploit all the known bugs as much as possible until then (sorry if you are Xbox only). I'm playing on an official and thoroughly enjoying it :)

58 minutes ago, rp23075 said:

I gave up on this dlc and you should too. I guess that lawsuit really hurt wildcard because they've been dropping the ball consistently since then 

I highly doubt the lawsuit had anything to do with this.   They've never been good at ETA's, or communication, and even Jat has stated this in a previous post.   

Archived