Primitive Plus 1.1 Patch Notes

complexminded

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 hours ago, Hunt said:

Maybe you can be so optimistic as you on Xbox haven't even seen the likes of the gamebreaking bugs in primitive plus. Most servers are wiping on the patch, so nobody can really play the mod right now until it gets the update it was promised around a week or so ago. Its beginning to frustrate myself and alot of other PC players that he would work on the Xbox Primitive + while a broken Primitive + PC version is already live. I would have fixed that first instead of moving on to something new, but I cant really judge the guy on his worth ethic. Just hope it comes out some time soon, ive just given up lol.

As much as I haven't experienced them first hand, I have heard of them. On xbox's side though, we recently had our ark completely broken. The game was completely unplayable, as it would dashboard every 5 mins.

But back onto the subject of @complexminded earning any sleep he's probably having right now. Since he first made the mod and it went massive, he has been working tirelessly trying to get content out and fix bugs by himself and since it's being ported to xbox, he has had to work on that too.

To my knowledge even when it went official WC barely helped him (please note that it is to my knowledge, so I may be wrong on that).

"I would have fixed that first instead of moving on to something new, but I cant really judge the guy on his worth ethic." Someone from WC said something on twitter in regards to this. I believe it said something like: they are working on it on xbox, to try to resolve the issues that both versions have, this is because in theory if it works on xbox it should work on pc.

My apologies if I offend you. This post is not ment to offend you or anyone else and I also hope it comes out with the bug fix and on xbox too.

- With regards, your friendly neighbourhood Logophile.

PS In xbox's defence (sorry if this antagonistises you, it isn't meant to) but it was stated xbox was meant to recieve P+ at the same time as PC, not nearly a month after wards.

48 minutes ago, chrisw24 said:

Did this update ever take place.. It seems as if none of the listed fixes are in place and I've updated the linux server. Where do you find version number of Primitive+ ??? It has the main ARK version of 245.986 or something like that.. Not Primitive 1.1 ..

When you're ingame, just hit escape.  It's the first line under Server Ping.  Currently, the version is listed as Primitive Plus BETA 1.  Let's hope that it soon says BETA 1.1.

49 minutes ago, chrisw24 said:

Did this update ever take place.. It seems as if none of the listed fixes are in place and I've updated the linux server. Where do you find version number of Primitive+ ??? It has the main ARK version of 245.986 or something like that.. Not Primitive 1.1 ..

the update is not released yet. i still assume first sept. week witch the next ark patch 246

I was hoping @complexminded would give us a heads up if the QA process the patch is supposedly stuck in would still be occuring over the weekend, or if those guys are normal M-F, but I think even he decided to have a weekend life as he dissapeared on twitter and isn't responding to people now, or at least not to me.  Wasn't clear, at least to me, if the QA process he mentioned was just him doing his own QA, or if it was the beta steam thing, or if it was another person or people at the studio.  I really wish WC used a public changelog website similiar to how subnautica does, where you can see every time a dev checks out code or checks it back in, etc.  A lot of the issues people are complaining about would probably have been stopped dead pre-angry-poasties if the user base could see when something is being actively worked on or not.

Sadly my last core group of people pretty much said they wont be around anymore until the patch drops and it sort of sounds like if it keeps getting delayed they might just reinvest themselves in another game or another server hosting a different mod, meaning they probably wont be back.  

I guess the center of the galaxy is calling me and No Mans Sky will become my hangout for a while. =(

@mndfreeze He said that as soon as he knew something we would. Also the QA is for xbox. In theory if it checks out for Xbox then it would be suitable for PC. 

If I knew how to embed twitter posts I would put it here for you and everyone to see. Both the QA one and the one where he says that If it works on xbox it'll work on PC.

Yeah except that's not the case.  Originally he did all the work on the Xbox version thinking it was all the same and 'in theory if it worked on the Xbox it will work on PC' then later found that was exactly NOT the case and he would have to go back and do all the work again on the PC version.  The last twitter messages I saw from him were specific to the PC version saying it was done and was going through the QA process before he pushes it out to us. 

49 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Yeah except that's not the case.  Originally he did all the work on the Xbox version thinking it was all the same and 'in theory if it worked on the Xbox it will work on PC' then later found that was exactly NOT the case and he would have to go back and do all the work again on the PC version.  The last twitter messages I saw from him were specific to the PC version saying it was done and was going through the QA process before he pushes it out to us. 

My bad, I really need to start putting an "I may be wrong" Disclaimer at the end of my messsages.

15 minutes ago, complexminded said:

1.1 was just released.  Going to update the patch notes.  Only a minor change - I was able to fix the mailbox!

When you say 'just released' does that mean we can now go update our servers?????? Please be very very very very specifically uberly awesomly clear on your wording please.

I was one of the lurking patient types just watching , waiting, I actually enjoyed primitive plus alot, But as time has been passing. Its become more of one of those things I wish I never encountered. 

You post that you have fixed things. Important things, Such as the long bow accepting various types of arrows...some of the things you listed as fixed are not as fixed. They are still broken, still buggy. Still waiting to be fixed. I think with my post I will no longer be coming back to primitive plus if there isnt some serious traction being made. From my understanding you now work for Wildcard Studios. Youre making their team look awful. Get with the program and stop slacking.

7 minutes ago, Karpetbomb said:

I was one of the lurking patient types just watching , waiting, I actually enjoyed primitive plus alot, But as time has been passing. Its become more of one of those things I wish I never encountered. 

You post that you have fixed things. Important things, Such as the long bow accepting various types of arrows...some of the things you listed as fixed are not as fixed. They are still broken, still buggy. Still waiting to be fixed. I think with my post I will no longer be coming back to primitive plus if there isnt some serious traction being made. From my understanding you now work for Wildcard Studios. Youre making their team look awful. Get with the program and stop slacking.

Is this pre, or post, patch?

What else do you want me to say. If I say its still broken., And it was broken before, Then it still doesn't work in the same way. Go cook poultry on the grill, Does nothing, Try to use Long bow, does nothing. 

If you cared to read my post prior it says one of the things that still do not work. When I say stuff, I am referring to many things that are still broken in the same way they were broken before. Helps to use your head just a little bit bud.

Since he just released the patch, are you SURE you updated everything correctly?  Because I can't even get my players to have the same matched version as the server I just updated to, so Im curious how you did or if you got the very first push and not the few mini pushes that have already come out following it.

1 hour ago, Karpetbomb said:

You do know that he is the only one of a few or maybe even he only person working on it right. 

There is no need to be hateful, I'm sure constructive criticism is welcome though. If one doesn't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

30 minutes ago, Caleindal said:

1 hotfix to the main game does not equal a few mini pushes

Yeah, so, you might need to patch again then because I got more then one.  That is, to be clear, more then one, mini patch/hotfix in the last 45 mintues to an hour.

Our server is finally updated all the way and client version is matching again.  I'm at work so I cant check stuff myself yet, but my co-admin is currently on doing stuff and so far is listing off lots and lots of fixed things.  Thanks @complexminded !.  Now just stay on top of communicating with us so the next patch doesnt turn into a forum clusterfsck nightmare

2 hours ago, DaEndGame said:
2 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

My bad, I really need to start putting an "I may be wrong" Disclaimer at the end of my messsages.

Yeah that wasn't aimed at you Ced, that was to someone else who was saying your twitter messages were regarding the xbox version still like the confusion from the very start of everything, was just trying to clarify that.

Archived