Primitive Plus 1.1 Patch Notes

complexminded

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Savoy7 said:

Wait... this game is on XBOX?

Why would you delay a PC patch to make sure it works on XBOX? If the PC version is ready, patch the PC. When the XBOX version is ready, patch the XBOX. It's really that simple. Or is it?

His reasoning was "if it works on Xbox, it should also work on PC" based on similar architecture. By getting most of the troublesome bugs out of the way with the first patch, there will be less issues for everyone all the way around.

Patience, grasshopper.

15 minutes ago, Juisebox said:

His reasoning was "if it works on Xbox, it should also work on PC" based on similar architecture. By getting most of the troublesome bugs out of the way with the first patch, there will be less issues for everyone all the way around.

Patience, grasshopper.

I'm sorry but I still don't agree with this decision. The DLC isn't even out on the Xbox yet so why use it as a test platform? Surely they should be concentrating on getting the PC version fixed before porting it to the Xbox? If nothing else at least you know the code you will be porting will actually work!

I go to work in a few hours and I have already agreed with the players on my server that if the patch isn't out when I get home then the server will be wiped and we will go back to the base game. Maybe we will revisit it on a later wipe when it actually works.

21 minutes ago, Juisebox said:

Patience, grasshopper.

Well, as referenced by others in this thread (and likely other places), Studio Wildcard did indicate that Xbox would never delay PC updates.  It stands to reason that they've p****d a lot of people off with this recent addition to their long list of epic fails.

Ironically weren't we also told we could help test the patch with the Beta patch available on Steam, to those on his friends list? Not to mention we were told it was taking longer then expected because he was adding fishing and such from the new update, but those are conspicuously missing from the patch notes as well.

Although this explains why that beta is in such poor shape. I few of the bugs are fixed in it, but it has massive game breaking bugs, such as no prim+ resources dropping (feathers, limestone, poultry, etc......) I hadn't posted about this here before now as a courtesy but now that this information comes out all bets are off. 

Congrats WC, you may have finally done what 1000+ playtime hadn't done, and that's kill my desire to play this game, and of course I sure as hell wont be recommending it to my friends and clan mates anymore.

1 hour ago, Juisebox said:

Patience, grasshopper.

That statement also works in reverse. If it works on the pc then if should work on Xbox. Besides the pc version has more players and sales,  5 million,  compared to Xbox's 1 million. I think this is just a classic case of trying to get more bucks from another platform launch.  

Friends and I launched a server when primitive dropped. 60/60 players every night for 4 days, now we're lucky to peak at 30 players a night. People progress to the end game and find there is nothing to do because so much stuff is broken. I hope you can get the patch out before my server dies entirely. My interest in primitive will evaporate if all the servers have died by the time this patch is out. 

14 minutes ago, RunaFairshield said:

Been lurking his twitter feed, supposedly waiting to hear from the deployment team. *fingers crossed*

Everything is always someone else's fault.  We are always waiting on someone else to do something.  Please tell me why any software company of any sort consistently puts out ETAs they can not uphold.  Then when they get backlash they blame someone else.  They need more structure at WildCard.  It just seems like its a company that has 30 employees, none of who know what each of the others are supposed to be doing.  Then they go and say they will have updates by XX date.  When they are stretching to get it done by XX date instead of telling us on that day "Look guys we are sorry it looks like it will be a little while longer".  They keep us at our PCs waiting with no word until the very last minute of the day and then finally say "Sorry we will try again tomorrow".  If they haven't released the patch yet, then they knew yesterday they would not have it done yesterday.  Why did they wait until the very end last night to tell people who were waiting all day long that the patch is going to be postponed again.  Instead of coming up with these "good ideas" getting everyone hyped for them and setting unrealistic ETAs, they should work more towards consistent releases.  If you can't guarantee something is going to be done by X date then don't say its going to be done by X date.  Can I purchase this game on a "I'll promise to pay you tomorrow?"

I get it, stuff happens that's unexpected.  Today at 8 AM you truly believed it would be released soon.  Something happened, a delay from the deployment team, a bug was found last minute that needs to be addressed, you found out that something you coded just wont compile right with the release version for some reason, or any other number of reasons.  Its understandable it happens to everyone in the software business.  If you know at 8 AM that you can't guarantee the update the day you said you'd have it let us know.  Tell us you'll have it tomorrow and hey if you manage to fix it today then come tomorrow you can release it 100% when you said you would.  I'd rather you tell us you'd have it fixed tomorrow.  Actually have it fixed tonight but release it tomorrow anyways.  Than to tell us you'd have it fixed tonight and at 11:00 PM say "I'm sorry".  Even if you were to release it late at night you'd make people angry anyways.  NA servers would fill with the Chinese while we would be asleep.  

Just posted to Twitter from https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded:

So turns out, I will need to make the same changes I did for the Xbox build to the PC build. Two different sources

Which means.......you guessed it........NOT TODAY folks. So why did they release the PC version before XBOX, when it's clear PC will get the fixed content at the same time as XBOX!!!

11 minutes ago, TXCowboy said:

Just posted to Twitter from https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded:

So turns out, I will need to make the same changes I did for the Xbox build to the PC build. Two different sources

Which means.......you guessed it........NOT TODAY folks. So why did they release the PC version before XBOX, when it's clear PC will get the fixed content at the same time as XBOX!!!

Beat me to the quote lol.

So.... my post earlier was pretty much spot on then. As much as I enjoy being right, on this occasion it genuinely saddened me.

edit:

proof I was right about xbox being the priority:

Xbox was the priority but now that the build is done, back to PC. Should know a more definite ETA for Xbox soon

5 minutes ago, JamieKG said:

So pc will always come second place to Xbox versions ?

... don't forget the Playstation 4 version is coming as well. With the same QA submission stranglehold that XB1 has, meaning if they are close to a deadline for submission they will very likely pull the same stunt. Because I am willing to put a dollar down that a Microsoft QA deadline is at fault here.

Archived