Primitive Plus 1.1 Patch Notes

complexminded

6 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

It ain't coming until tomorrow at best.  They are doing the testing with it on Xbox for the validation for both.  Supposedly the PC version will come out regardless but I'm sure all the things that came up on Xbox testing now have to get fixed before we will it, causing this awesome additional delay. 

Meh. 

If only they tested it before releasing it....

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! Thanks for your continued support throughout the process of bringing the Primitive Plus mod to fruition. There have been many people that have helped along the way and continue to help throughout the ongoing development.

I apologize for the rocky launch. I underestimated the amount of content that's in Primitive Plus and would it would take to get it 'launch ready'. While it's still far from a finished product, hopefully it doesn't hinder the experiences you create in ARK. The 1.1 patch will fix a lot of nuances but make no mistake - it will not be completely bug free. I've tried to prioritize the existing bugs and fix the issues that were causing game-breaking experiences. Some of the graphical issues will be fixed in the next content update.

I just want everyone to know they have my dedication and passion to continue to fix content and add content as the game matures. I've always said there is no 'end' in sight for Primitive Plus. As you experience Primitive Plus, keep in mind I'm just one guy with lofty dreams and average talent

With that said, below are the patch notes for the incoming update. We are testing this all out on Xbox before pushing the PC update. It doesn't make sense not to - chances are, if it works on Xbox, it will work on PC. Xbox testing may take longer than I originally expected, but the major goal is to get this update in the hands of PC users who are currently experiencing issues. There's a chance it may not be deployed Tues, but instead Wed. This is all to make sure that we make your playing experiences as enjoyable as possible.

Gonna pick this apart because logic and actions dictate lies... I'm sorry complexminded. I, like many others, don't like the feeling of being lied to. Whether your choosing or WC's, the facts are now out there and it does not take a genius to come to conclusions on whats really going on.

I underestimated the amount of content that's in Primitive Plus and would it would take to get it 'launch ready'. While it's still far from a finished product, hopefully it doesn't hinder the experiences you create in ARK

You made the mod, therefore you know how much content is in there. The patch notes stated a month prior that this was becoming official. Considering nothing new has been added at this time, I am struggling to see how this was not ready in time and was more bug ridden than ever before. Whilst it did not prevent playing ARK, a vast amount of the mod was effectively worthless due to the issues it had. I see more people doing normal houses than primitive+ houses, simply because they are bug ridden at the current time, or you can't build things. Whilst you have previously stated that those who tested it prior to launch had no idea about the mod or how it was meant to work, this is absolutely no excuse. Basic functions don't work. Either they loaded the mod, knocked out a dodo, tamed it and said it works, or there was no testing whatsoever. A good amount of issues were patently obvious within 10-20 minutes of playing the mod. Did you not test it yourself at any point?

We are testing this all out on Xbox before pushing the PC update. It doesn't make sense not to - chances are, if it works on Xbox, it will work on PC.

So the delays from the beginning were for the Xbox then. First of all you needed them to update the devkit to add in the new stuff and fix some of the issues, and now its delayed further so it can be ported to the Xbox sooner. How does this make sense? A patch could have been released over a week ago to fix alot of the problems, yet somewhere along the line a decision was made to not release and hold onto it, further ruining the experience for PC players and our trust for yourself, and WC.

the major goal is to get this update in the hands of PC users who are currently experiencing issues.

Should have released last week then with smaller patches, or the weekend at least. 

There's a chance it may not be deployed Tues, but instead Wed. This is all to make sure that we make your playing experiences as enjoyable as possible.

No, this it to make sure it is working on Xbox and Microsoft will certify it for release.

I'm honestly not sure who to blame more. Complex or WC, or are they both equally responsible?

Edit: Why only put that statement on Twitter as well and not here? This only limits the target audience, which I can only really see one reason for doing so, it is not positive PR. You said you wanted to communicate better with people but I am struggling to see that improvement ongoing.

I'm honestly not trying to come across as a salty gamer blaming you for everything, far from it. There are many unanswered questions which people can only draw their own conclusions to. Until we stand corrected (with facts we can verify to be true), then those conclusions are always going to er on the worst case scenario based on the facts we do have at hand.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

Gonna pick this apart because logic and actions dictate lies... I'm sorry complexminded. I, like many others, don't like the feeling of being lied to. Whether your choosing or WC's, the facts are now out there and it does not take a genius to come to conclusions on whats really going on.

You made the mod, therefore you know how much content is in there. The patch notes stated a month prior that this was becoming official. Considering nothing new has been added at this time, I am struggling to see how this was not ready in time and was more bug ridden than ever before. Whilst it did not prevent playing ARK, a vast amount of the mod was effectively worthless due to the issues it had. I see more people doing normal houses than primitive+ houses, simply because they are bug ridden at the current time, or you can't build things. Whilst you have previously stated that those who tested it prior to launch had no idea about the mod or how it was meant to work, this is absolutely no excuse. Basic functions don't work. Either they loaded the mod, knocked out a dodo, tamed it and said it works, or there was no testing whatsoever. A good amount of issues were patently obvious within 10-20 minutes of playing the mod. Did you not test it yourself at any point?

So the delays from the beginning were for the Xbox then. First of all you needed them to update the devkit to add in the new stuff and fix some of the issues, and now its delayed further so it can be ported to the Xbox sooner. How does this make sense? A patch could have been released over a week ago to fix alot of the problems, yet somewhere along the line a decision was made to not release and hold onto it, further ruining the experience for PC players and our trust for yourself, and WC.

Should have released last week then with smaller patches, or the weekend at least. 

No, this it to make sure it is working on Xbox and Microsoft will certify it for release.

I'm honestly not sure who to blame more. Complex or WC, or are they both equally responsible?

OMG give the dude a break.

Well said Jimmy.  Sadly my userbase is pissed and fed up. Already lost a lot if players due to switching and now more have said they are done until a patch happens because of this last promise date coming and going. 

As the server admin I sort of take the heat for this kind of stuff even though it had nothing to do with anything I control.  The end user needs a scapegoat when they get pissed and that usually ends up the admin.  Really hope the patch hits early today because I dint want to lose any more players. Ugh

5 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Well said Jimmy.  Sadly my userbase is pissed and fed up. Already lost a lot if players due to switching and now more have said they are done until a patch happens because of this last promise date coming and going. 

As the server admin I sort of take the heat for this kind of stuff even though it had nothing to do with anything I control.  The end user needs a scapegoat when they get pissed and that usually ends up the admin.  Really hope the patch hits early today because I dint want to lose any more players. Ugh

i agree also, i have stepped away from it until the patch gets released which is a shame as i do enjoy it but feel stuck till things get fixed.

Totally agree with @Jimmy NoShoes I first read the twitter post early morning when I finished work and felt very optimistic about it but now I have slept on it and read the post again I am slightly pissed about it.

We are testing this all out on Xbox before pushing the PC update. It doesn't make sense not to - chances are, if it works on Xbox, it will work on PC. Xbox testing may take longer than I originally expected, but the major goal is to get this update in the hands of PC users who are currently experiencing issues.

I don't understand how you can say that you are testing it on the Xbox and that it could take longer but then say your major goal is to get it out to PC users! If that was your goal then why not test it on the PC first and get it working and then work on the Xbox version, at least you would then be using working code for the conversion.

I am not sure if it is you that is rushing to get the Xbox version out as soon as possible or if you are being pushed by WC to do it. I just feel that you already have a userbase on the PC that are paying for servers with this DLC installed that can't do anything because it is broken so bad!

Personally I am seriously considering removing it from my server and going back to the base game. All I have done for the last few days is collect materials ready for the patch and that is not fun anymore!

Finally, I would ask that no matter what the situation please keep us updated on what is happening, this is the major reason why people are getting frustrated!

16 minutes ago, Duffried said:

OMG give the dude a break.

No. Integrity ends where lies begin.

• The PC community was told XB1 would not delay content. It has been made completely transparent this was a lie.
  • The PC community was told P+ would be "optimized, complete, and packaged as DLC". We received the DLC in worse condition than the Workshop in many regards, including points that the most elementary playtesting would have caught (cant equip several fundamental pieces).
  • The PC community was told on the ARK forums an optimistic patch time frame of the weekend. Then off-site (Twitter) a firm patch time frame of Tuesday. Then off-site (Tweetlonger...?)  a patch time frame that was only after XB1 work was completed (see: first point).
  • I, like mndfreeze, have taken heat from my server community who have moved on (hopefully temporarily) because of the delays to fundamental issues involved with the DLC. Luckily I have really honest players who have not abused any of the exploits, and for that I would thank them.

All involved on the development side of things have been given multiple breaks. If members of the community are feeling lied to they are well within their rights to be. Yes, there is likely mitigating circumstances behind the scenes that are not within our perspective(s), but handling those situations gracefully is the dark of public relations in a results driven profession like game development. Having been in the game development hotseat more than once in my lifetime I am about as patient as they come outside of blatant fanboi-ism ... but this whole series of revelations surrounding P+ is going to put off many.

7 hours ago, StarKillerX said:

Well the way I read it, it doesn't matter if it would work on the PC, since it's not being tested there. Instead it's being tested on the xbox, so if it fails that I don't see it being released, I mean why would they?

Hopefully they do release it on Wednesday. If it's ready to go then just release it, why wait? If things are broke and the Xbox testing needs to be fixed then that to me says that the pc patch needs to be fixed also, hence another delay.

18 minutes ago, Schizodebauchee said:

No. Integrity ends where lies begin.

• The PC community was told XB1 would not delay content. It has been made completely transparent this was a lie.
  • The PC community was told P+ would be "optimized, complete, and packaged as DLC". We received the DLC in worse condition than the Workshop in many regards, including points that the most elementary playtesting would have caught (cant equip several fundamental pieces).
  • The PC community was told on the ARK forums an optimistic patch time frame of the weekend. Then off-site (Twitter) a firm patch time frame of Tuesday. Then off-site (Tweetlonger...?)  a patch time frame that was only after XB1 work was completed (see: first point).
  • I, like mndfreeze, have taken heat from my server community who have moved on (hopefully temporarily) because of the delays to fundamental issues involved with the DLC. Luckily I have really honest players who have not abused any of the exploits, and for that I would thank them.

All involved on the development side of things have been given multiple breaks. If members of the community are feeling lied to they are well within their rights to be. Yes, there is likely mitigating circumstances behind the scenes that are not within our perspective(s), but handling those situations gracefully is the dark of public relations in a results driven profession like game development. Having been in the game development hotseat more than once in my lifetime I am about as patient as they come outside of blatant fanboi-ism ... but this whole series of revelations surrounding P+ is going to put off many.

I don't care, Jimmiy's attitude leaves much to be desired. Complexmind is doing a great job IMO.

2 minutes ago, Duffried said:

I don't care, Jimmiy's attitude leaves much to be desired. Complexmind is doing a great job IMO.

Just a reminder...

I'm tearing my hair out waiting for the Longbow fix, literally don't care about anythign else. Well, except maybe flame and Obsidian arrows.

Here's to hoping they dd fix everything they said they did. Do you have any idea when the patch will go live?

... an hour ago you were asking him for information about the patch. El NoShoes have been well-mannered all things considered.

9 minutes ago, Duffried said:

Please advise what part of my post has an attitude?

I've simply took his comment, and then picked it apart based on the facts we know to be 'true' at this time, and contradictions he has made. I think everyone at this stage has a right to be annoyed.

You also contradict yourself. In the bug thread you are 'tearing your hair out'. Still doing a good job you say?

Then we have YOUR attitude in another thread regarding Titanosaurs:

His base is ugly, typical base standard and it's horrible. A giant square metal lump of crap.

Who really has the attitude now? 

All things considered, I think I've been pretty civil and helpful, even to those who PM me directly for patch update info.

I don't think anybody, including Jimmy, is saying that Complexmind is not doing a great job because he is. The problem is the DLC has been out for nearly 2 weeks and we still haven't had any patch's to fix even the game breaking problems and we are now told that the reason for the delay is basically because of the Xbox version.

They could have released some hotfixes to fix the worst of the issues last week and still worked on the Xbox version and people would of been happy.

In fact you could say that @Jimmy NoShoes has been a massive supporter over that last couple of weeks by keeping the bug thread updated!

Just now, Jimmy NoShoes said:

Please advise what part of my post has an attitude?

I've simply took his comment, and then picked it apart based on the facts we know to be 'true' at this time, and contradictions he has made. I think everyone at this stage has a right to be annoyed.

You also contradict yourself. In the bug thread you are 'tearing your hair out'. Still doing a good job you say?

Then we have YOUR attitude in another thread regarding Titanosaurs:

Who has the attitude now? 

All things considered, I think I've been pretty civil and helpful, even to those who PM me directly for patch update info.

As I said, you sir. You guys can't take a joke. You take this far too seriously. It's a game, enjoy it. Stop losing hair over bugs and glitches, sheesh....

1 minute ago, Duffried said:

As I said, you sir. You guys can't take a joke. You take this far too seriously. It's a game, enjoy it. Stop losing hair over bugs and glitches, sheesh....

Not sure where the joke is? Please advise.

Also: 

I'm tearing my hair out waiting for the Longbow fix, literally don't care about anythign else. Well, except maybe flame and Obsidian arrows.

The irony :-D

3 minutes ago, Duffried said:

Mate if you are paying over $100 a month on server fees and a game developer dosent think fixing game breaking issues is important then of course its going to piss of server admins and gaming community's. How is it a joke when money is going down the drain every day the game is broken 

This is just embarrassing.

Oh, and @Duffried: Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Edit:

One of the more infuriating factors is being continually strung along with bull****.

"Patch will be out on the weekend" --> absolutely no communication to the contrary = server admins spend all weekend checking for proposed update.

"Patch will be out on Tuesday" --> absolutely no communication to the contrary = server admins spend Tuesday checking for proposed update.

While this is a relatively short period of time, it's been an ongoing problem for the duration of ARK's existence and it really is unacceptable.  It would take Studio Wildcard and/or its affiliates a matter of minutes, or even seconds, to post a brief message indicating that the patch had been delayed, therefore informing server admins that they could stop wasting their time checking, enabling them to focus their energy on something more enjoyable.  

Seriously, Studio Wildcard, when are you going to get your act together? Sadly, it seems the answer is "never". 

Archived