ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will uploading and transferring tames from official servers to unofficial ones ever be implemented (with the possibility for the server owners to put some kind of restriction on it if they so wish)?

I'm asking since me and my friend have several pets on an official PVE sever that we don't play on any more; we're just keeping them fed and claimed at the moment, hoping to be able to bring them with us to our private server. I have been breeding rexes on the official  server and have continued on the private one and it would be great if I could bring my breeders with me.

I would love to know since it's quite a chore to take care of pets on two servers, and I would also want to demolish my base on the official one to make room for new survivors to build there.

Keep up the good work!

From steam Early Access Announcement:

"We want the player community's help to 'evolve' ARK into the dinosaur world game that we've been dreaming about since the days we played with plastic green T-Rex toys during elementary school recess, since we shed a tear to 'The Land Before Time', since we wistfully imagined the towering cities of 'Dinotopia', and since we nearly choked on our popcorn to the thrills of 'Jurassic Park'. "

How do you feel about this now? Do you feel ARK is the dinosaur game of your dreams? Were wyverns, elementals and dragons part of those dino dreams, or what happened there?

Can you PLEASE turn down the volume on the animal footsteps, especially the REX.  Animal footsteps have always been over the top too loud, especially large animals like Rex.  But after the 246 they make my ears bleed, and turning down SFX volume or other sliders to compensate pretty much mutes/muffles all the other sounds in the game.  At the very least can you expose a slider that would allow us to adjust footstep volume ourselves?

On Friday, September 02, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Kimsie said:

From steam Early Access Announcement:

"We want the player community's help to 'evolve' ARK into the dinosaur world game that we've been dreaming about since the days we played with plastic green T-Rex toys during elementary school recess, since we shed a tear to 'The Land Before Time', since we wistfully imagined the towering cities of 'Dinotopia', and since we nearly choked on our popcorn to the thrills of 'Jurassic Park'. "

How do you feel about this now? Do you feel ARK is the dinosaur game of your dreams? Were wyverns, elementals and dragons part of those dino dreams, or what happened there?

The devs always have stated that they we're going to make a secondary ark aka "mythical" for the requested mythical creatures in order to not taint the prehistoric ark map

Since there is no way to tame an alpha without a force tame, I was wondering if there will ever be alpha skins? For example, I force tamed an alpha fire wyvern, just because and it looks pretty neat with the fire-ish glow from being an alpha. Maybe have it be a rare drop from killing an alpha and receiving that Dino's alpha glow?

Side note: with Scorched Earth being released along with the wyvern, I happened to notice one thing that bugs me. In the wyverns model, where we mount it, there is a spike missing in its spinal pattern. Maybe at a later date it could be fixed to have it there and have us ride the wyvern in a different way? Maybe have the character holding onto that spike and have our body laying against it? Just an idea. Otherwise, I love this DLC along with Prim+ that was released onto Xbox One.

15 hours ago, Scorpio said:

The devs always have stated that they we're going to make a secondary ark aka "mythical" for the requested mythical creatures in order to not taint the prehistoric ark map

Really? Do you have a source on that? Because I've totally missed it.

Besides, that's not even what happened! The prehistoric ARK is very much tainted as you can bring back those crappy fantasy creatures. If I wanted to play a fantasy game - there are soooo many to choose from. Damn it! I'm so disappointed : /

Reading this thread made me laugh a lot. Primarily because people are STILL asking for the same things they were more than a year ago. Still complaining about the same things. Still exclaiming they want realism or accuracy in a game about humans taming dinos and using guns despite the picture on the banner.

Not a judgement on Wildard or anything. Or even the community (ok maybe a little, there). Just on human nature in general  

Edit: Keep up the good work, Wildcard. You guys rock, I still love this game after over a year, despite the break I took. That you could pull me back in with a $20 DLC is testament to the fact that you guys made a game thats damn fun. Ignore what the whiners/naysayers think, and I hope you guys have a wonderful week.

34 minutes ago, Ashkari said:

Reading this thread made me laugh a lot. Primarily because people are STILL asking for the same things they were more than a year ago. Still complaining about the same things. Still exclaiming they want realism or accuracy in a game about humans taming dinos and using guns despite the picture on the banner.

Not a judgement on Wildard or anything. Or even the community (ok maybe a little, there). Just on human nature in general  

Edit: Keep up the good work, Wildcard. You guys rock, I still love this game after over a year, despite the break I took. That you could pull me back in with a $20 DLC is testament to the fact that you guys made a game thats damn fun. Ignore what the whiners/naysayers think, and I hope you guys have a wonderful week.

Human Persistence. Its still our #1 Export.

Wait! No it's not, it's #2. #1 is our stupidy, even ask Einstein - he thinks its infinate. Either way we wouldn't be here with either.

Without human stupidity we would never have tried to hunt or anything else that is stupid to do without training or practice.

7 hours ago, Kimsie said:

Really? Do you have a source on that? Because I've totally missed it.

Besides, that's not even what happened! The prehistoric ARK is very much tainted as you can bring back those crappy fantasy creatures. If I wanted to play a fantasy game - there are soooo many to choose from. Damn it! I'm so disappointed : /

They have said this in some previous digest, I believe they acknowledged it one to three times and it's in a far back digest, but you can look if you want (TBH I'm too lazy to find it lol) 

That's true but I think the only reason the devs did that was so other people could see the new creatures without having the dlc and they seem pretty balanced and if you had a private sever you could turn off the transfer option

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived