ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

6 hours ago, xXSMJXx said:

Hey guys, first post here! Any chance we could get an ambience volume slider, or possibly sliders for the volume of footsteps or water splashing? I love the sound effects, but some things like the sarco swimming or carno walking are very loud/consistent. When you turn the volume low enough to quiet the splashing/stomping, you can't really hear the awesome ambience any more. My main thing is the sarco, would love to use it more without this splashing issue. Keep up the great work! (Sorry if this has been asked, I did look around a bit before asking.)

Agreed, but ovi eating sound effect is ridiculously loud, and bloom quality slider needs implementation on xb1

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys, Loving the game. Just have some questions/requests

Tek Tier

When the Tek Tier comes out, will it be balanced so that there is still a need to use Dinos? Chatting within our community, there is a concern that when all the new gear arrives it will change the feel of the game and just make it OP?

Key Binding for PC

This is a key binding request. Would it be possible to have some of these features added:

1. A scroll wheel option for selecting items in your hotlist. Many times I have found myself needing to stop running away from something in order to pull an item out of slots 6 – 0.
  2. Can the ‘look down sights’ be changed to a toggle option, so the sight stays up without having to hold the button down?
  3. Can there be an addition of a ‘free look’ button (left-alt maybe) so the head can move independently to the body? This would be very useful when on a Dino, trying to spot things without having to change directions, especially if a server has 3rd person turned off.  

Weapons

Is there any intention of making another pass for balancing the weapons and ammo? From our experience, we have found that the only practical firearm is the long neck with its DPS : Ammo : Resources Ratio. This weapon, along with the Pike tends to make the others feel a bit superfluous when you factor in the same ratio. Would it be possible to have the other weapons tweaked a bit so there is more incentive or benifit to use them? Also would it also be possible to have the Ammo stacks increased in Qty, say 200 per stack?

What about having an option when learning engrams that it either brings up what you have to learn  before it.. Or it learns it automatically? So if I want to learn metal door (which is actually easy since all you have to do is search door) it would bring up everything you have to learn or just bring up Metal door and it automatically learns the doors before it? 

3 hours ago, shadownights23x said:

What about having an option when learning engrams that it either brings up what you have to learn  before it.. Or it learns it automatically? So if I want to learn metal door (which is actually easy since all you have to do is search door) it would bring up everything you have to learn or just bring up Metal door and it automatically learns the doors before it? 

Like the cost of the engram for the metal for would be the metal door, plus the points for the wooden/thatch/stone combined with the metal door. So it might say like 30 points but it's really 10 for stone, 5 for wood, 5 for thatch, and 10 for the metal door. These numbers are just examples before I start getting flamed because "that's not what metal doors cost, or stone doors".

3 hours ago, Marksman00048 said:

Like the cost of the engram for the metal for would be the metal door, plus the points for the wooden/thatch/stone combined with the metal door. So it might say like 30 points but it's really 10 for stone, 5 for wood, 5 for thatch, and 10 for the metal door. These numbers are just examples before I start getting flamed because "that's not what metal doors cost, or stone doors".

Yup exactly, or for the Chem bench, instead of having to go to the beer barrel then finding out what is needed for that you just learn it all 

1 hour ago, shadownights23x said:

Yup exactly, or for the Chem bench, instead of having to go to the beer barrel then finding out what is needed for that you just learn it all 

It'd be fantastic if it worked, I foresee permanent loss of engrams as well as not unlocking the previous as it should being potential problems lmao

I don't know if this was asked already so forgive me if it was but with the desert biome how far have you guys gone in terms of development. For example is the biome itself done or are is the wildlife done etc. I don't expect anything to be done but im just really excited for it. And also if the digest comes out before Sept. 1 then any hints towards the "very big" thing being added?

On August 3, 2016 at 5:27 AM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can ;).

Thanks,

Jat

I wanted to ask if Dino armor wI'll be added to the game. Not only would it look awesome but it'd keep people from making ugly flying boxes that aren't practical at all. It could come in types just as the saddles do and have a decent weight to them and a durability. Making them paintable like regular armor would be awesome too ? Thank you for your time and thanks for the awesome game!

I understand that the whole modding situation is relatively new, but i was wondering where will you guys go from here as far as mods? Will mods be selected based off of popularity or contests or will you guys eventually make a system where we'll eventually be able to browse mods kind of like how bethesda did fallout 4. (of course without the issues with the system as far as stealing and organization) could both console and pc players browse for mods that catches their eye and installe them or will it remain how it is now? 

On 8/2/2016 at 4:27 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can ;).

Thanks,

Jat

Yea how do i even write on here like my own article. And everytime i fall off a cliff in the game my body goes through the ground and into the ocean leaving me never able to find my stuff. So annoying.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:47 PM, MamaNaco said:

1.  When will the turrets be able to target "carnivores/herbivores only"? Seeing as "only wild dinos" was implemented last patch.

2. Are nerdry glasses still dropped?

3. Will you fix the issues with quetzal platforms disappearing and sometimes teleporting players to 50/50 anytime soon? ^^

4. Any chance we'll be getting thunderstorms on TheIsland map too?

1 and 3 I would definitely like to see happening!

Also I believe nerdry glasses still get dropped.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:22 AM, Dominic said:

Are you guys gonna add more cosmetic items to make every survivor have their own unique look? You mentioned a tool to change hairstyles in a previous digest ages ago stuff like that coming any time soon? I don't just want it to be for super advanced players either as every survivor should be able to have a unique look no matter the level. More character customisation in ark would make this game perfect! 

Yes Yes Yes!!

Glass (Greenhouse) structure auto-demo timer needs a rethink! The timer is the same as thatch, yet the materials & level needed to make greenhouse structures differ greatly. I (and many others) believe that the timer for thatch was just copied over to greenhouse structures, hence why it's so low. Please Devs, increase the timer to bring it up to a more adequate length, such as stone or metal.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived