ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can ;).

Thanks,

Jat

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two three questions 

also

• Are there any plans to make a toggle-able option (ini or otherwise) to make taming gigas and Titanos a little easier for solo players? Understandably the difficulty and complexity of the process should be high in multiplayer, but are there any plans to add an option to scale the difficulty of the process down a bit for solo? As everyone knows that it is almost impossible for solo players to achieve either of these two tames without the aid of commands

(Also would it be possible to implement a kind of sneak imitation for dinos that are following you? Obviously this isn't feasible for big tames, but perhaps when you are crouched/prone, tames like direwolves or dilos could maybe hunch down or sort of crouch with you? And dimorphodons that usually flap around you, could land and follow you from there?)

Thank you 

A few questions: 

• Do you guys think you will ever implement transponder nodes that can be fired from a rifle?
  • Do you guys ever think you might implement a better version of the Magnifying glass? (One that works at distance, and perhaps gives stat info.) 
  • The Therizinosaurus seems like it's been done for a very long time, could we maybe get an ETA on its implementation? 

Just the one pressing question that my tribe as a whole would like answered.

Regarding the upcoming Server Transfers returning to ARK. Will we see a game-mode restriction for player transfers? The prospect of people farming an "easier" game mode to further their cause on another server is a daunting one. For example, it seems a little scary that without a restriction, a tribe could level to the highest levels on a server, then transfer to Hardcore without the added difficulty of levelling there in the first place.

Would it be possible to have an option to square up structures before you place them? Like press and hold Y and the object will rotate side A to face north, hit it again and side A will face east, etc. It would help both aesthetically and you'd know for sure which way is north(or any direction) based on your structures placement.

This may have already been asked and I may have missed it but:

With all of the changes to The Center map that have been done cosmetically, is there any chance of adjusting the giganotosaurus spawn rates [on public servers]? It sometimes feels like way too many spawn on the map as compared to the Island, even for the map size. If not, is there a way to adjust the spawn rates on the console for private servers and non-dedicated?

You mentioned jetpacks: what kind? I have noticed in games that there is more than one approach to this.

• Jump packs; this is just a glorified super jump. (e.g. the darktroopers from starwars battlefronts.)
  • Hover packs; this is the ideal float around like a superhero kind of jetpack (e.g. the Clone jetpack troopers from Starwars Battlefronts.)
  • "Rocket packs"; this is basically more like flying a jet-plane around. For super fast cruising to a very distant destination. Easy to crash into something. (e.g. Ironman flying to another country, and real life planes).

I realise this suggestion might be making things too easy, but maybe you like it: What do you think about some sort of Tech Tier scanner that can scan the whole map or the area around you and show where you can find dinos of, or above, a certain level? It doesn't even have to be 100% accurate, but making it a little easier finding those breeding dinos in the end game would be nice - I'm so bad with the spyglass!

Can we get more focus for the offline raid protection server please. We got plenty problems. The feedback is always there but we don't really get answer from devs.
Tamed offline infecteded dodos eveywhere and also offline dinos which aren't used for weeks.

Offline Protection should be only avaiable for players who plays a certain amount of hours a week. People just log in and out for 1 min and the demolishable timer is reset.

Can we get a rules rework for ORP ? Its to easy to grief atm.

the new bird pelagornis is awesome.

Can you add "organic polymere" to hatched own baby penguins. We tried to create a penguin farm but if the pelagornis eats the fresh baby penguin you don't get any resources.

Please make my dream farm possible It was also possible with the dire wolf but for some reason its not with the pelagornis bird.

Any news about the Achatina Snail ? I really really want it for a cementing paste farm.

The Map Island has a bugged Cave loot spawn. NW Cave at 19.1/19.0 can you please fix the loot spawn.

20160717012215_1.jpg

1.  When will the turrets be able to target "carnivores/herbivores only"? Seeing as "only wild dinos" was implemented last patch.

2. Are nerdry glasses still dropped?

3. Will you fix the issues with quetzal platforms disappearing and sometimes teleporting players to 50/50 anytime soon? ^^

4. Any chance we'll be getting thunderstorms on TheIsland map too?

Can we not have combining trans-species-dino DNA to create genetic abominations? Because I feel like that would ruin the affect of the game. I feel that ark is not a game about creating weird hybrids. I don't want to log into my dinosaur game and find a bunch of kids have made some compy-gators, or flying titanboas. It would go from dinosaur-land to weird monster mash land. In short I think the transpecies genetic tampering really describes a very different game from Ark. (Spore)

8 minutes ago, MamaNaco said:

1.  When will the turrets be able to target "carnivores/herbivores only"? Seeing as "only wild dinos" was implemented last patch.

2. Are nerdry glasses still dropped?

3. Will you fix the issues with quetzal platforms disappearing and sometimes teleporting players to 50/50 anytime soon? ^^

4. Any chance we'll be getting thunderstorms on TheIsland map too?

And fireflies too!

12 minutes ago, DauntedVenus said:

Are we (xbox one players) getting the sotf anytime soon? Since we run the game already i don't see why sotf would be much difference..and why would ps4 players recieve the sotf without the game??

They said they are gunna put SoTF for console on hold until they see what the moders do with it on PC now that iti s a part of regular Ark again.

1 hour ago, Kimsie said:

Any chance that either the Oviraptor changes or that a new dino will be added that collects eggs and stores them in its inventory for easy collection later? Are there any design considerations preventing such a dinosaur from being added?

We also really need the Miasaur to help with raising babies. This will make dino breeding farms much more approachable to the causal fan. We could have big nurseries. As is in vanilla the only way to have baby raising be fun is in a 30 man tribe with members all around the world.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived