ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

20 hours ago, UranoMetria said:

Well it's supposed to be a meter tall, so it probably won't fit on a shoulder, but considering that it can climb it does make sense for it to be able to be carried in a similar way

Well if it doesn't look right on your shoulder, perhaps it can rest on your back similar to the way the jerboas look.  They seem to be resting across your back and just have their heads popping over your shoulder.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be possible for us to get a configurable server and single player option to alter how much imprinting completion progress we get each time we cuddle, walk or feed kibble to our baby animals?

The imprinting system used for wyverns is so much better than having to hand feed our baby animals random kibble. Would you guys consider giving every animal a specific food or milk it wants to be hand fed?

Any chance we'll ever see ice wyverns?

Will you guys be adding more to the scorched earth map? Like more caves? I think it would be cool if there were a few large rock formations with water or oasis' way out in the dunes for those people who like to live in seclusion.

Could we get sliders to control egg hatching time, baby growth time, cuddle intervals and all that stuff for when playing single player or hosting a local game?

I really like the wyvern gloves you get from alpha wyverns. How about a full set of armor skins to go with it?

Will we ever get a higher level version of the raft? It would be really convenient for fishing.

If possible could we get the option to toggle snap points on platform saddles?

Could we possibly get an animal that gives some kind of taming effectiveness buff? Similarly to how ovirator gives an egg buff.

Could we get server options to control tamed animal hunger drain? If possible a setting for hunger drain when active and inactive?

Can we get some kind of milking device for the Wyvern?

1st suggestion: for the tek tier, could we get an upgrade to farming plots in the form of aquaponics bays; basically a form of hydroponics with fish providing fertilizer for plants floating/suspended above; would need both power and a water connection, but wouldn't need fertilizer, and would provide fish meat and whatever crop you place in it (the bays i figure would be like large crop plots)

2nd suggestion: A Composite Crossbow, much like the Compound Bow, able to fire metal arrows, and equippable with a scope; also repeating crossbows at both tiers, do less damage than their normal counterparts but can fire in quick succession

final suggestion: just because i'm a masochist...an Alpha Rock Elemental, the Magma Elemental, found extremely rarely around mountains, and rarely in the world scar

When will Xbox get higher item stacks? (Like the mod for PC) Its such a simple yet effective feature which would help alot of players who play on high resource servers and also help craft sea drop items that are impossible to craft due to not enough room on a fabricator. Please reply as i have sent 4 tweets to numerous devs on Twitter and got 0 responses.

Will procedurally generated ARKs have some of the new features from Scorched Earth in them like echos, varying stat drains by biome not just based on temperature(such as berries not restoring water(maybe restoring even more in a tropical biome?), deadly weathers(maybe hailstorms with tornadoes in a plains biome of sorts)) and of course scorched earth creatures as rare spawns? Sorry for so many questions in one

Before release will single player get an overhaul? For example will things like higher resource scaling, being able to learn all engrams, defeatable bosses, easier solo tames, or even permenant tamed bosses and titanosaurus happen as an ultimate goal? because for those things i feel balancing for pvp isn't necessary since it's single player/split screen, but in no way am i asking you to make it "easymode" and sorry for all the questions once again

15 hours ago, xKingPhoenix said:

It would be awesome if cross breeding wyverns could possibly combine the parents elements into one. So a lightning and a fire wyvern would have a lightning fire attack of some sort. Could this be something you guys could implement or is it something that can be done as a mod possibly?  

It would also be cool if all three combined made a hydra

• Could we get an (unofficial/single player) option which creatures are allowed to be brought to boss arenas?

• How about a bigger hatchframe to bring in a Quetz?

• Will you change spawns in the snow biome? It is really weird to see Sarcos and Rexes - I even saw a Snake there...

• Will you ever correct the names of some creatures? Currently misspelled are Arthropluera (correct is ArthroplEUra), Titanboa (correct is TitanOboa) and Pulminoscorpius (correct is PulmOnoscorpius)

• Could you please change the spawnpoints of Titanosaurus, especially the one on Herbivore Island/South Haven? A tribe on my server had issues for 2-3 times, when one spawned in their base. So I had to command kill it and disabled the Titanosaurus completely.

• I noticed that the greenhouse structures cause extreme lag, after I built my treehouse in the redwoods. Could you fix this somehow?

• Will there be some rounded structures? I'd really like to build a dome-shaped sports arena!

• Is there a way we could dismount Tapejara whilst it is hanging on a wall/cliff/tree?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived