ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DemonLordCronos said:

How about when you guys will finish the game so I can play it on my ps4?????????????????????????

If you want to play, I suggest going on a rant over at Sony Headquaters. Perhaps start a rebellion against them or a lawsiut. 

A lawsuit because they're Motto is "ALL ABOUT THE PLAYERS" and considering all the complaing about it not being PS yet, they aren't by deinition "All About The Players". That may screw them over a bit.

Some of these have been asked before I think (e.g. here), but not answered and I was wondering whether there was any kind of update on them at all?

1) Having the ability to 'use all' / 'eat all' for berry stacks in your inventory (not necessarily on the hot bar)

2) Is there ever going to be any use for Oviraptor eggs/kibble?!

3) Are there going to be different structure types in the 'normal' game mode? I know P+ and Scorched Earth brought with it different types of building materials (the adobe etc), but will these ever make it into the existing Island and Center maps? Or perhaps when the procedural ARK generation is complete, we'll see a mixture of biomes that will mean this is possible?

4) Can we get a real backup option for server saves?!? I have a couple of reasons for wanting this, namely:

a) Obviously, the ability to save and backup my game before installing a patch/update (the recent 739.x series highlighting this perfectly). I know you're kind of limited with what Microsoft dictate for the XB1 now with regards to not allowing game saves to USB, but are the game saves too large to send to the MS Cloud storage on-demand?

b) I'd really like to have a couple of worlds running at the same time. I like building and experimenting, so I'll occasionally use admin commands when I want 100 walls for example to test a design. However, I don't want to use the commands in my 'legit' world/save because I like the challenge of getting the relevant materials, levelling up etc. However, if I have a single player Island map, I only get that map. It'd be great to have multiple saves like in Minecraft and dedicate 1 to almost 'creative mode' where people can just do what they wanted and x number of other saves they could play at will. When procedural ARKs come to the game, there may be 3,4 or 5 (or more!) ARKs that people may really like the look of (for whatever reason - scenery, materials, dino's etc) and having a save game for each that you could just dip in and out of would be great.

Thanks!

Would it be possible for us to get a configurable server and single player option to alter how much imprinting completion progress we get each time we cuddle, walk or feed kibble to our baby animals?

Will we ever get a higher level version of the raft? It would be really convenient for fishing.

If possible could we get the option to toggle snap points on platform saddles?

I really love Diplodocus however I dont play with a large enough group, nor do I really like the gimmick of it not doing damge honestly. So would you guys consider giving it a tail swipe that does damage and perhaps a server option to enable it if not implement it in full? Personally I think it would've been better to have Diplodocus' friendlyness give a taming effectiveness buff to nearby animals rather than do no damage.

Could we get server options to control tamed animal hunger drain? If possible a setting for hunger drain when active and inactive.

I like titanosaur but it has no use to pve players. Do you guys intend to change how it works on pve and maybe give server options for unofficial severs to set it themselves?

12 hours ago, Quetzal said:

Some of these have been asked before I think (e.g. here), but not answered and I was wondering whether there was any kind of update on them at all?

1) Having the ability to 'use all' / 'eat all' for berry stacks in your inventory (not necessarily on the hot bar)

3) Are there going to be different structure types in the 'normal' game mode? I know P+ and Scorched Earth brought with it different types of building materials (the adobe etc), but will these ever make it into the existing Island and Center maps? Or perhaps when the procedural ARK generation is complete, we'll see a mixture of biomes that will mean this is possible?

4) Can we get a real backup option for server saves?!? I have a couple of reasons for wanting this, namely:

a) Obviously, the ability to save and backup my game before installing a patch/update (the recent 739.x series highlighting this perfectly). I know you're kind of limited with what Microsoft dictate for the XB1 now with regards to not allowing game saves to USB, but are the game saves too large to send to the MS Cloud storage on-demand?

b) I'd really like to have a couple of worlds running at the same time. I like building and experimenting, so I'll occasionally use admin commands when I want 100 walls for example to test a design. However, I don't want to use the commands in my 'legit' world/save because I like the challenge of getting the relevant materials, levelling up etc. However, if I have a single player Island map, I only get that map. It'd be great to have multiple saves like in Minecraft and dedicate 1 to almost 'creative mode' where people can just do what they wanted and x number of other saves they could play at will. When procedural ARKs come to the game, there may be 3,4 or 5 (or more!) ARKs that people may really like the look of (for whatever reason - scenery, materials, dino's etc) and having a save game for each that you could just dip in and out of would be great.

Thanks!

The last thing about the multiple saves needs to exist!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Quetzal said:

Thanks!

Yes, please on items 1 and especially 4.  I want to play around with a world and not "cheat" in my normal game play, especially local player.  That and I want to be able to play with my daughter online and not blow away my world that I've built up in regular game play.  Though this last one I'm still uncertain how this works and I'm scared to try as I don't want to end up writing over my local player game save.

How about supporting the Chat Pad on Xbox?  Even if it just means getting the same keys as the PC on it?  There are a few things that are harder to do on Xbox or not even supported due to trying to make it work on a controller.  Though perhaps make it a feature that isn't supported by default on servers so that they don't have an unfair advantage over those who don't have/use a chat pad but allow you to enable it on servers and/or local player.

• Will you remodel some creatures?

• Will you add teargas/mace for PVP?

• When can we expect a Spino-roar?

• Will you change the spawns on the south-eastern and north-eastern islands, so that there will be a larger variety of creatures (atm there are only ~7 different species on each)?

• Will you add something like the desert armor to The Island, because sometimes you can only survive the heat by being submerged in water (it happens to me mostly on Carnivore Island)?

• Will there be changes for the temper of some creatures? (Phiomias, Procoptodons, Pteranodons and Parasaurs should fight back!) Ehm... All start with P...

• Will there be other ways of powering structures, like solar panels for example?

• Could you add a leash for our creatures, that we don't have to enclose them to make sure, they're not running away because they chase something? Would be a good thing for Gigantopithecus, Oviraptor and Dungbeetle, too and even for the mating-process!

• Is it possible to make eggs don't disappear if there are already 6 around? I lost a lot of fertilized eggs because of that...  

• You told us, that you work on the Titanosaur-PVE-thing, that we will be able to keep him alive. It was a long time ago and nothing happend. Are you still on it?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived