ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

8 hours ago, PrimalBeard said:

Glass (Greenhouse) structure auto-demo timer needs a rethink! The timer is the same as thatch, yet the materials & level needed to make greenhouse structures differ greatly. I (and many others) believe that the timer for thatch was just copied over to greenhouse structures, hence why it's so low. Please Devs, increase the timer to bring it up to a more adequate length, such as stone or metal.

With the latest addition of autodemolishing (at the moment it becomes demolish allowed no less) I think every item needs a rethink on it's timer times. There also needs to be at least 24-48h between expiration and the system cleaning it up. So much stuff is getting lost because people aren't around when it destroys the structure, people who might save their friend's blueprint collections and other things.  (Especially beds. Those should be at least 8 days like wood...)

(As an aside, I thought it was supposed to be two weeks or something before the system demolished things?)

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you guys consider adding in items that could create a floating base out in the middle of the wate?. Perhaps a way to link rafts together so that you can build on them? I think with the addition of a treehouse a water base would be another way to give players different options for base styles and locations. 

Since the explorer notes are left by survivors from many different cultures and time periods what if their was the possibility of getting unique skins for say doing some sort of quest associated with the notes. For instance for a Japanese survivor we could get a samurai armor skin or for the British Rockwell guy a redcoat suit. This would add some cool fashion choices especially if they were dye able. Would this be feasible? 

Could we get some kind of automated rocket turret to take advantage of their high damage for dealing with monsters like the giga and titan? Especially since auto turrets and plant x have been nerfed so heavily since the dino nerf and recently (although the weakness of auto turrets is due to the strange way of armor calculating on saddles with dinos something to consider revisiting for game balance).

Can we PLEASE have the ability to build water/windmills and solar panels?

Can we PLEASE get round structure builds in the next update?

Can we PLEASE get a larger dino cap for larger tribes and the ability to unclaim an entire base build?

PLEASE GIVE US ACHIEVEMENTS! -- Over 2000 hours of game time should be rewarded.

Can you guys look into ways of better communicating updates/changes with the community, especially for official DLC such as Primitive +?  There are bugs in the core game that have been reported for a good while, as well as bugs that have been present in Primitive + for a good while as well.  However there are no indications that the devs have viewed these reports, are aware of the bugs, or are working on fixes.  I love this game.  I truly do.  I host a private server for my buddies which is currently on The Center withe Primitive +.  I want to see as much passion and support go into the DLC as we do the core game, as well as improvements in the communication with the community all around.  I feel a bit disheartened when bugs are reported and nothing else appears to happen for months on end.

Would like to see alliances become more useful on PVE. They're useful on PVP because you can go around each others bases without setting off defences etc. I'd propose than alliances on PVE would mean that in certain circumstances your allies are considered like tribemates, ie you can pick them up with birds, pick up their animals etc.

It's not unusual for someone on pve to unclaim an animal so another player with a quetz can bring it somewhere, this would change that,

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived