Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, sparcmx said:

What screen resolution is your Windows set at?  The overlay mode only supports 1920x1080 resolution at this stage, I'm experimenting with lower resolutions but as you can imagine, there is an awful lot of controls to pack in .  If you uninstall Commander via Windows 10 Apps and Features (Control Panel), it will remove the config file from AppData.

Reinstall and run Commander again and you should be prompted to select a screen mode, under your circumstances I recommend selecting 'Windowed', which will load the floating window version that should fit your resolution.

I do currently use 1920x1080 for my computer resolution as well as for ARK and am still having the issue which is why I was concerned. Also when I do uninstall the app and then reinstall it using the same method you described and just by going through the program manager, after I reinstall Commander it doesn't ever give me the initial popup again with the ability to choose how to open it. It just defaults straight to overlay mode and without the ability to access the settings button, I'm left at square one over again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A program for builders tired of typing commands into the console. ARK Commander holds an up to date list of entities, dinos and mods that you can spawn with a simple 'double-click' plus many other

Awesome! 

Working on the Commander Mod actually and a database update function for the main program,  Teleport Map Bookmarking, extra commands.  Its close, very close

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Syvarris said:

I do currently use 1920x1080 for my computer resolution as well as for ARK and am still having the issue which is why I was concerned. Also when I do uninstall the app and then reinstall it using the same method you described and just by going through the program manager, after I reinstall Commander it doesn't ever give me the initial popup again with the ability to choose how to open it. It just defaults straight to overlay mode and without the ability to access the settings button, I'm left at square one over again.

A couple of things come to mind, in your "Display Settings", the option described "Change the size of text, apps and other items: ---%", is it 100%?  And what version of Commander?  The beta prior to 1.0.5b would not display the startup window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cbarbas said:

Hi, can someone please explain to me how can I go forward with this at singleplayer, in detail please because,

" Before you do anything, once your in-game click "Enable Cheats", then "Infinite Stats" and finally "God Mode". If Commander is talking to Ark, you will see the console appear when Commander drops down (Overlay Mode)
If your using Commander in windowed mode, you need to raise the Ark console first, then select your item from Commander (important!) "

when I am opening the console with TAB and entering "enablecheats" it is asking me for a password and it is singleplayer as I already mentioned.

Thanks

Hi cbarbas, when using Commander in singleplayer mode you don't need to provide a password, just leave it blank.

Ark won't say if your command was successful, the best way to test if it worked is by clicking "Fly" mode.  Hide Commander then hold the spacebar, you should float upwards if enablecheats worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK,

2 problems, 1st when I am entering "enablecheats" I am getting this "bad or missing property pass", as I said I have never entered a pass in game, so I have no idea why I am having this!!! 2nd, I cannot see the "Fly" button because off the screen resolution I think, as I have read at previous posts, mine is 1680x1050, check the attached screenshot.

 

Thanks in advance

sdga.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cbarbas said:

OK,

2 problems, 1st when I am entering "enablecheats" I am getting this "bad or missing property pass", as I said I have never entered a pass in game, so I have no idea why I am having this!!! 2nd, I cannot see the "Fly" button because off the screen resolution I think, as I have read at previous posts, mine is 1680x1050, check the attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance

I'll have some scaling on the interface done in the next beta this weekend
Just out of curiosity, put a space in the password field and let me know what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2016 at 3:09 AM, sparcmx said:

A couple of things come to mind, in your "Display Settings", the option described "Change the size of text, apps and other items: ---%", is it 100%?  And what version of Commander?  The beta prior to 1.0.5b would not display the startup window.

Yeah, changing it to 100% fixed it. I had it previously at 125% which was causing the over lap. I'd love to see a scroll bar added if people would like to keep their settings at 125 still though! Thanks for the help! As a side note, the version I am running is 1.0.53b

Edited by Syvarris
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Syvarris said:

Yeah, changing it to 100% fixed it. I had it previously at 125% which was causing the over lap. I'd love to see a scroll bar added if people would like to keep their settings at 125 still though! Thanks for the help! As a side note, the version I am running is 1.0.53b

lol Mine is at 200% since I'm on a 55" 4k TV with my resolution at 2560x1440 and I had to disable scaling on high DPI settings for the commander just to be able to see all the options, and that means they're kinda tiny like that  Better to squint than to not be able to access all the options lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sparcmx said:

I'll have some scaling on the interface done in the next beta this weekend
Just out of curiosity, put a space in the password field and let me know what happens.

Hi,

1st if I understand you right, you mean to try this "Enable Cheats" instead off this "enablecheats".

I had try that and my 1st attempt and after, just like your directions at STEAM topic. By this "Enable Cheats" I am getting no message at console but when I am double clicking nothing happens, I am only seeing the text at the field by the right side below, no items at inventory or dropped in front of me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cbarbas said:

Hi,

1st if I understand you right, you mean to try this "Enable Cheats" instead off this "enablecheats".

I had try that and my 1st attempt and after, just like your directions at STEAM topic. By this "Enable Cheats" I am getting no message at console but when I am double clicking nothing happens, I am only seeing the text at the field by the right side below, no items at inventory or dropped in front of me.

Sorry, I meant the "Enable Cheats" button on Commander, issuing the command "enablecheats" manually in the console has the same effect.
Whenever you select something in Commander, it raises the console, pushes the command then closes the console so fast you sometimes miss it.  This is how Commander works essentially.  What key do you use in Ark to open the console?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if its just me, but to spawn anything in like items just does not work for me now, it used to but when I try on my test server it just give the same command line that looks like its adding the code just never adds anything.  It also uses the same command item for anything I try to add.  @sparcmx is this a known issue since an update or would a reinstall be better?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ehuhoser said:

Not sure if its just me, but to spawn anything in like items just does not work for me now, it used to but when I try on my test server it just give the same command line that looks like its adding the code just never adds anything.  It also uses the same command item for anything I try to add.  @sparcmx is this a known issue since an update or would a reinstall be better?

I'm also having this issue, it keeps doing "admincheat GiveItemNum  10 1 0" or "admincheat GiveItemNum  1 1 0" for everything i try and click. Spawning dinos seems to work fine though

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheRealSpud said:

I'm also having this issue, it keeps doing "admincheat GiveItemNum  10 1 0" or "admincheat GiveItemNum  1 1 0" for everything i try and click. Spawning dinos seems to work fine though

Are you using the 1.0.53b Beta or the Stable?  It sounds like the issue we had with earlier versions

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheRealSpud said:

where do i see the version number? it downloaded an update when i started today so im not sure what version it is now

The updates you see are item library updates, the main program needs to be updated manually.  Hop over to sparcmx.com and grab the 1.0.53 beta from the main page

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ehuhoser said:

Mine says that as well, will download a new fresh copy as well, thanks @sparcmx

We've had some breaking changes in the item database which has thrown the Stable version (not the intention), I'm pushing forward with final tweaks of the current beta to release a new Stable version, not too far away now  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2016 at 3:23 PM, Syvarris said:

I do currently use 1920x1080 for my computer resolution as well as for ARK and am still having the issue which is why I was concerned. Also when I do uninstall the app and then reinstall it using the same method you described and just by going through the program manager, after I reinstall Commander it doesn't ever give me the initial popup again with the ability to choose how to open it. It just defaults straight to overlay mode and without the ability to access the settings button, I'm left at square one over again.

I'm dual screen with each screen at 1920x1280, and I was disappointed not to see ARK Commander unable to move to my other screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this program BUT trying to spawn in any standard items like say Wood for that matter anything I get admincheat GiveItemNum  1 10 0 as the code.  I have tried ImputSim and Clipboard and Windowed and Fullscreen.I have been using this for about a month now hoping to see an improvement, so far nothing has been done about it and I know on the steam page you have told of the problem, but nothing has been stated on the main topic on how to fix the issue.  Looking through the files everything is here the program just doesnt code in the correct command.  I have been making my own commands to combat this and making this program I can use.  Just hope you fix this soon or at least before I complete my command list then it wont matter.  Also do note that dino and most Mod commands do work properly though I wish some of the Mod commands allow editing the quality or at least work normally with command.  I have to spawn the it then throw it out then edit the command to what I wanted, even though I used the sliders.

 

Some ideas, A check simple check scan of the Mods folder to see what mods are installed so you I dont have look through things not installed.  With this on mods it doesnt recognize it can try to formulate a command based on the current structure and files.  

Also how do you remove the ctrl spawn lootcrate for it, I dont see it anywhere for the option

Can we the ability make specific loadouts, ie I'm building a metal base click the button and it runs 10 metal foundations, 10 metal walls, 10 metal ceilings.  Or Food and water loadout, waterskin full and some meat, and whatever else someone can think of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PhantomX said:

I love this program BUT trying to spawn in any standard items like say Wood for that matter anything I get admincheat GiveItemNum  1 10 0 as the code.  

The iissue I found was that Commander had updated the database to allow for Scorched Earth and added in some columns. It means that the older Commander versions reference the wrong excel cells, as the data had moved in the excel file.

If you update commander the the latest version 1.0.5.3, it should then work. I only realised because I put my frequently used mod commands in the entities file, as the mod tab doesn't show all the mods I have. So I have to backup that file (entities) and then when the db updates, I just copy and paste my own custom mod commands into the bottom of the new entities file

 

Edited by Snowball
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2015 at 11:47 PM, sparcmx said:

My Internet has been punishing me today, edits are slow.

Downloaded the commander worked fine. Trying to get it up now? Nope nothing. Tried to reinstalled after I thought I deleted every file say's there's still files and it's running even though I can't see it. Even tried admin starting it. Nada

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • sparcmx changed the title to Commander 1.1.2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...