sparcmx

Sparcmx,

Have to tell you this is an amazing tool and your support of it is nothing short of legendary..
I have been using the previous version, before I installed any mods and was able to spawn items and dinos with no issues.

Once I added some mods, I couldn't understand why they didn't show up in the list, then I saw the "You need to Upgrade" message listed over and over and went and got the latest installation file. I just installed it over the top of the old one and it didn't seem to have any issues.

So now, I start Ark and then start Ark Commander and I can spawn items and loot crates, but NOT DINOS (neither standard nor mod ones).

Any ideas?

NEVERMIND: After stopping and restarting a couple of times, it suddenly started working.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a rather ambitious idea on my part. If anyone who is not familiar with the use of ark commander and would like to explore its uses and see how it works. I do stream once in a blue moon, and would not mind hosting a stream dedicated to such an endeavor, And those who are fluent and experienced with the use of the commander would be welcome to drop in and share their wisdom with those of us who are not. 

Strange new bugs making Ark Commander unusable currently.  Which really sucks because I love this app.  Whenever I press the CTRL key in game it spawns a loot crate of some kind with boss portals.  I have no idea why it started doing this as I've never seen these crates before.  It also moves me back to Ark now if I press CTRL while in other applications which is EXTREMELY crippling as I use that key a lot in other apps with Ark in the background.  Anyone know why this is happening and how I can make it stop?

Also the scrolling around inside the interface is really annoying.  But if I turn off DPI scaling in compatibility options the options gear icon gets clipped out of the application and it not longer scrolls all the way off the top of the screen but just sticks half-rolled up at about 1/3 of my screen space.  Is there a way to rescale the UI size to fit better?

On 6/23/2016 at 6:21 AM, Lewimaron said:

The alpha mosasaur is still in the wrong category. Should really be in the alpha predators category rather than reptiles.
Also the Diplo and Lystro egg kibbles are named differently to all the others. Nothing urgent but would be nice if it was fixed.

Fixed, my ocd was twitching also :P 

19 hours ago, Glass said:

Whenever I press the CTRL key in game it spawns a loot crate of some kind with boss portals.  I have no idea why it started doing this as I've never seen these crates before.  It also moves me back to Ark now if I press CTRL while in other applications which is EXTREMELY crippling as I use that key a lot in other apps with Ark in the background.  

Also the scrolling around inside the interface is really annoying.  But if I turn off DPI scaling in compatibility options the options gear icon gets clipped out of the application and it not longer scrolls all the way off the top of the screen but just sticks half-rolled up at about 1/3 of my screen space.  Is there a way to rescale the UI size to fit better?

On point #1, Debby Saurus and I spent a couple of hours pinpointing this one and I'm happy to say its fixed.
I have also added options to disable CTRL binding and F-Keys.
On #2, I'm working on DPI scaling after the next release.

45 minutes ago, GramOfMayo said:

I ended up getting it to work, is it possible this will ever have the feature where before you click something you don't have to be in console on ark? Like you can literally just click it from the program itself?

An RCON connection to a server will achieve this but not on singleplayer mode.  GiveItem commands are sent directly to the sever rather than the Ark game window.
Speaking of which, by design Commander emulates a virtual keyboard which writes strings to the Ark window, any other way is too invasive and will trigger BattlEye.

18 hours ago, Scryptar said:

hoi sparc... there have been quite some updates to Resource Crops.
thanks for your work!

Gotcha :) I've added this to the next Mod table update.  (There's quite a few updated mods, going to be busy...)
And your welcome

On 12/13/2015 at 6:30 AM, sparcmx said:

zIvI3Or.jpg
A program for builders tired of typing commands into the console.
ARK Commander holds an up to date list of entities, dinos and mods that
you can spawn with a simple 'double-click' plus many other useful functions.

Commander Usage
Double Left-Click to give 1 item
Double Right-Click to give a stack limited by the Amount slider
   First time users, please go into Config first and setup your preferences.

Windowed Mode
WLlJHJn.jpg    xHkygTo.jpg    5rr45Vy.jpg    TTa0flw.jpg

Game Overlay ModeoZLL6aR.jpg* The default key for displaying and hiding Overlay mode is "ALT"

MODS Supported:  (3370 Items!)

Just Added!    
Aku Shima Electronics Compiled by tednik  
Aku Shima JSG Standalone Compiled by tednik  
Aku Shima Storage Options Compiled by tednik  
Reusable Plus Compiled by tednik  
Saixang Compiled by tednik  
Small Gates Compiled by tednik  
Resource Crops    

Supported Mods    
Advanced Architecture    Updated 22-May  
Aku Shima Updated 22-May  
Aku Shima RWT Standalone    
Annunaki Genesis 3.9.5 Updated 22-May  
ARK Advance 9.1.1 Updated 22-May  
Ark Fog Remover   Compiled by Lewimaron
Ark Futurism    
Ark Jail Mod   Compiled by tednik
ARK Steampunk Mod Updated 22-May  
AutoTorch   Compiled by tednik
AutoTrough   Compiled by tednik
Better Lights    
Big Raft   Compiled by Lewimaron
Big Walls   Compiled by tednik
Bridge    
Build Time    Updated 22-May  
Building Xtras    
Bush Peoples v4   Updated 3-May  
Corrected Structures 0.8      
Dynamic Colours   Compiled by Lewimaron
ecoTrees    
Extra ARK    
Extra ARK 2.0   Compiled by Lewimaron
Extra ARK: Doors    
Garden Xtras    
Gate Mod    
Glow Rails   Compiled by tednik
Homing Pigeon   Compiled by Lewimaron
Hypnotoad   Compiled by Lewimaron
Industrial Grinder   Compiled by Lewimaron
InfiBed   Compiled by tednik
Infinite Flare Guns   Compiled by tednik
Joan's Bulk Crafters    
Joan's Dragon God Mod    
Joan's Egg n Poop Collector & Incubator    
Joan's Oil Compressor   Compiled by tednik
Joan's Pet Companions    
Joan's Photon Sentry n Tranq Rifle    
Jurassic Ark    
Kibble Vending Machine   Compiled by tednik
Kilrath's Super Epic Boat Mod   Compiled by Lewimaron
LPS Small Power    
Many New Items    
Metal Cages Mod 2.0   Compiled by Lewimaron
Metal with Glass Set Updated 9-Apr  
Minecraft Xtras    
Monkey Maze    Updated 22-Apr  
MRRadTools.INC Content Pack    
Multi Weapon Attachments + Tranq Rifle   Compiled by tednik
Offline Raid Protection   Compiled by Lewimaron
Pimp my Dino    
Pipes-N-Cables   Compiled by tednik
Pirate World    
Planting    
Primitive Plus   Updated 2-May  
Pub Decor Mod    
Pufferfish Mod   Compiled by Lewimaron
RampX   Compiled by tednik
RAWR Beacons   Compiled by Lewimaron
Recycler   Compiled by tednik
Reusable Grappling Hook   Compiled by Lewimaron
Roofing Plus    
Sevens Tranq Kit    
Shopping Mod v1.87    
Silent Generator   Compiled by tednik
SillyGnome's Infinite Flare Guns   Compiled by Lewimaron
Simple Fences / Guard Rails    
Slay Ride Lift Kit v2.0   Compiled by tednik
Small Dragons    
Stairs Mod with Rounded Walls 4.2 Updated 22-May  
Stargate Atlantis    Updated 6-Apr  
STARK WARS    Updated 22-Apr  
Temple Xtras    
The Ark Game of Thrones    
The Middle Ages    
Underwater Base Mod   Compiled by Lewimaron
Utility Saddles    
Valentines Xtras    

Version Information
- Fixed a critical bug that threw an exception
- Fixed stability issues with Custom Hotkeys
- Added support for the DevKit window (set in config)
- Improved import functionality
- RCON code re-inserted, testing (hidden)
- Fun credits window (in config)

- Fixed skin support on Overlay mode
- New default theme
- Dinosaurs and Mod Dinos can be dragged to F-Keys
- Added rudimentary dino painting system (to be enhanced)
- Added "The Center" map to teleport dialog (more in the pipeline)
- Added CTRL key bindings to the custom command list (beta)
- Fixed Mod Filter bug in windowed mode
- Custom commands save function re-coded (no more lost commands)

- New overlay feature for Windowed-Fullscreen mode
- Added support for Dinosaur (Actor) Mods
- Default custom command list and 'The Island' teleport list   
(Thank you Debby Saurus)
- Filters to hide Mods not in use from view
- 10 Quickshot containers that place items directly into the corresponding slots
- Spectator mode added to Admin menu
- Teleport map refinements (more maps coming REAL soon)
- Keybind settings for opening Commander(overlay)
- Fixed bug in the 'Find' code where you could potentially lose your custom commands
- A few other bits and pieces here and there..

Running as Administrator may be required.
CustomCommands.xlsx and MapBookmarks.xlsx are the only tables you can edit.
The other xlsx tables in your "My Documents" are overwritten by the updater service.

Download
sparcmx.com

User Suggestions   To be considered for the next software update
- The ability to adjust slider max limits (Higher quantities) Added
- Import Feature to allow end-user Mod contribution to Library
- Mod Management (Installation to client using SteamCMD)
- Support for resolutions above 1920 x 1080
- RCON Support (Give players stuff, kick'em etc)
- Add a Force Update button to config Added
- Ability to disable Quickshot F-Keys Added
- More Coffee Added

To the following people for their support and valuable input that has enabled Commander to be what it is today:
Jen, Lewimaron, DebbySaurusEliteGamer11388, iSpeZz, Drake69Ziriuso, evilmrfrank, TechRoot, tomhud, tednik Swords
    Thank you. :) 

If you feel compelled to contribute to Commander, I'm more than happy to accommodate :) 
Attached to this post are 2 spreadsheet templates, use these as a guide when collating the Mod Items,
when you are ready to submit, simply message the spreadsheets To: sparcmx
I'll ensure credit is given where due, your contribution is greatly appreciated.

ModEntities.xlsx

ModActors.xlsx

You missed a few items from the new patch;

Metal Tree Platform:

"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Wooden/PrimalItemStructure_TreePlatform_Metal.PrimalItemStructure_TreePlatform_Metal'"

Massive Animal Feces:

"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_DinoPoopMassive.PrimalItemConsumable_DinoPoopMassive'"

Absorbent Substrate:

Ermmmm...This one doesn't seem to be anywhere..:/

Also, the Veggie Cake doesn't have a category.

21 minutes ago, Tyasuh said:

I am not 100% sure what's going on with the Ark Commander Version 1.03.01i  I downloaded and did a re install of the program and the dino spawn table seems to be all of it's categories and is just out right disappearing when I try to expand an entry. 

In the Ark CommanderMX Data folder (My Documents), remove DinoEntities.xlsx and MODItemFilter.xml
Run Commander again and see if it goes back to normal.

On 6/24/2016 at 7:58 AM, sparcmx said:

On point #1, Debby Saurus and I spent a couple of hours pinpointing this one and I'm happy to say its fixed.
I have also added options to disable CTRL binding and F-Keys.
On #2, I'm working on DPI scaling after the next release.

Ok this forum kind of realllllly sucks at handling quotes and browser compat.  I couldn't quote at all in Chrome and I can't include my original post in the quote with your reply to put the whole thing in context.  Side rant there, sorry...

To put the quote I have from you above in context you were replying to my having issues with the CTRL key moving me back into Ark from other programs and when in game spawning strange loot crates.  You responded very quickly, thanks for that!  But unfortunately my CTRL key issues remain unphased.  I've uninstalled Ark Commander and deleted the Ark CommanderMX Data folder from my docs and the Ark Commander folder from Program Files (what was left after the uninstall) and then downloaded the new "Ark Commander Setup 1.0.3.01i.exe" installer from sparcmx.com and installed again.  No change noticed but it seems to have kept my custom key config changes for which button calls down the Commander (I don't use it with Alt).  I wasn't expecting that from a full reinstall so I'm suspect something it being retained somewhere else such as in the registry? 

I'm also starting to notice that the F keys (F1, F2, F3, etc) don't work in other programs with Ark Commander running in the background.  Guessing this has to do with the feature on the home page about disabling the F hot keys but I don't have anything bound to them in Ark Commander and I don't see any options to disable them.  Am I doing something wrong?  Halp!  And thanks again!  Even in this state where I'm having to launch the app to spawn something and then exit as soon as I'm done it's still an amazing tool for administrating an Ark server.  Huge kudos!

EDIT: Figured it out!  I've never played with the custom commands section on the far left.  I went through and selected Remove Binding on each hotkey binding sub option and that clear it out!  No more CTRL key mishaps!  =D

Now I've introduced a new problem with my tinkering.  All of the new structures in the last patch are no longer listed!  Doh!  I'm sure this one is self inflicted, I'll troubleshoot a bit more.

Edit2: No luck, I don't have any of the new items but all of the old ones are show up.

5 hours ago, sparcmx said:

@Glass The update that contains your fixes hasn't been released yet.

Because this bug can be annoying I'm leaking a beta that addresses this issue, but be aware that there are new unfinished items on the GUI.
This is Pre, I won't assist those who have issues with this build :ph34r:  https://goo.gl/RSShTD

Oh!  Now I feel silly.  Thanks again.  :)

EDIT: Playing around with the pre-release a bit this morning, I like!  I'm very interested in how the RCON mode will work but it looks like it isn't quite functional yet.  Looking forward to it!  The F-keys and CTRL key issues as well as my new thing where I was missing the new items is all fixed in this pre-release.  Thanks again!  You do good work.

I'm finally back in business it seems :) PC issues suck!! So I should be able to start helping anytime I find something that seems off again. So how does the TTS work? Would I just say, "summon level 200 rex" or....? lol Also, be on the lookout, Annunaki is making a new mod, (isn't ready yet), to fix a lot of issues and start off clean without having to wipe their old one out. So that will be a big one to add once ready lol

• sparcmx changed the title to Commander 1.1.2

Archived