sparcmx

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is definitely the Primitive Plus conversion. 

I just tested on my single server. When I choose The Center or The Island without Primitive Plus, I can get the correct items but when i choose the Primitive Plus conversion, the app does not work.

On my single server vanilla The Island map and no mods except Primitive Plus, this is what I get:

Stone pick - Metal Hatchet

Metal Hatchet - Standing Torch

Cloth Pants - Cloth Boots

Hide Hat - Chitin Leggings

Red Coloring - Black Coloring

It is interesting....  I dyed my hide armor on Primitive plus black and white but when I went back to no conversion my hide turns red and green.  :D

Just now, Zadira said:

The problem is definitely the Primitive Plus conversion. 

I just tested on my single server. When I choose The Center or The Island without Primitive Plus, I can get the correct items but when i choose the Primitive Plus conversion, the app does not work.

On my single server vanilla The Island map and no mods except Primitive Plus, this is what I get:

Stone pick - Metal Hatchet

Metal Hatchet - Standing Torch

Cloth Pants - Cloth Boots

Hide Hat - Chitin Leggings

Red Coloring - Black Coloring

It is interesting....  I dyed my hide armor on Primitive plus black and white but when I went back to no conversion my hide turns red and green.  :D

Sounds like primitive+ edits the vanilla item id's.

I think I may have a solution, vanilla entities are spawned in by their ID if one is available in the database.  As a test, remove the ItemIDs in Entities.xlsx to force Commander to use the Blueprint instead, see what happens.

Be Careful of items that have no Blueprint, you'll need to leave those ItemIDs in place.

I do recall, complexminded recently changed Primitve+ to stop gamers crafting non Primitve+ items for fairness or something like that, I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

4 hours ago, sparcmx said:

I think I may have a solution, vanilla entities are spawned in by their ID if one is available in the database.  As a test, remove the ItemIDs in Entities.xlsx to force Commander to use the Blueprint instead, see what happens.

Be Careful of items that have no Blueprint, you'll need to leave those ItemIDs in place.

I do recall, complexminded recently changed Primitve+ to stop gamers crafting non Primitve+ items for fairness or something like that, I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

I hope you weren't talking to me because I have no clue what any of that means.  O.o :P :D   I wish I did but I don't.  :$

5 hours ago, Zadira said:

I hope you weren't talking to me because I have no clue what any of that means.  O.o :P :D   I wish I did but I don't.  :$

Hehe I was but not to worry, I've made changes to the database.
Next time you run Commander, a new entities list will be downloaded and hopefully we'll have a good result :) 

Im not sure what happened to ARK: Commander in the past month Ive been gone - but it is no longer usable due to the resolution is SO HUGE that you cannot read anyting.

I cannot find any settings to make it back to normal but them slider bars are junk and its WAY WAY TOO BIG NOW!! Dont like it at all!! Im all for upgrading and all that but make it usable ???  Can we set it not to lock to the edges or take up the entire screen? If I do windowed mode I cannot read anything at the very top and if I go full screen it wont appear on top of ARK I have to alt tab out and the game hates that??

5 hours ago, Karrah said:

Im not sure what happened to ARK: Commander in the past month Ive been gone - but it is no longer usable due to the resolution is SO HUGE that you cannot read anyting.

I cannot find any settings to make it back to normal but them slider bars are junk and its WAY WAY TOO BIG NOW!! Dont like it at all!! Im all for upgrading and all that but make it usable ???  Can we set it not to lock to the edges or take up the entire screen? If I do windowed mode I cannot read anything at the very top and if I go full screen it wont appear on top of ARK I have to alt tab out and the game hates that??

I have encountered that. Disable DPI scaling. However, that causes another issue, it's then really small, and the overlay leaves about a 5th of itself on the top of my screen

Correction to what I just said, just downloaded the new version, and it looks really good for size now! May not fit the whole window at once now, but that's a small thing really. Also just noticed on your page and in your credits I'm listed :D Thank you man! I apparently make waves in plenty of places lol. Got thanked here, as well as have contributed to a lot of stuff in Annunaki, which even earned me an in game Tribute spawn creature!! THat's right @Jen and anyone else, if you use Annunaki, (best mod in the workshop honestly), and ever find Lunar Fang The Elite One, that's me :D

7 hours ago, Karrah said:

Can you take a screenshot?  DPI scaling does effect Commander dramatically, I'll be dealing with scaling in the not too distant future.

The overlay mode only works with Ark set to Windowed-Fullscreen, it's optimised for 1920x1080 display res.

1 hour ago, EliteGamer11388 said:

Correction to what I just said, just downloaded the new version, and it looks really good for size now! May not fit the whole window at once now, but that's a small thing really. Also just noticed on your page and in your credits I'm listed :D Thank you man! I apparently make waves in plenty of places lol. Got thanked here, as well as have contributed to a lot of stuff in Annunaki, which even earned me an in game Tribute spawn creature!! THat's right @Jen and anyone else, if you use Annunaki, (best mod in the workshop honestly), and ever find Lunar Fang The Elite One, that's me :D

Can you send me a screenshot too please, I'm curious as to what s going on.

Credit where credits due m8, you've been very helpful.

2 hours ago, Kangharoux said:

Awesome program, Thanks!

Any chance of replacing EXTRA Ark with EXTRA Ark 2.0, or just adding EXTRA Ark 2.0?

I don't think he's updating or supporting his first mod anymore and has added more things to the 2.0 version.

yeah i would like this too  as there are alot of the stone things missing like the stone stairs and railings as well as the metal ones 

3 hours ago, sparcmx said:

Can you take a screenshot?  DPI scaling does effect Commander dramatically, I'll be dealing with scaling in the not too distant future.

The overlay mode only works with Ark set to Windowed-Fullscreen, it's optimised for 1920x1080 display res.

THen that's why I was having issues at one point. I have a 4k tv and have my pc resolution set to 2560x1440 atm lol

4 hours ago, sparcmx said:

Im on now and Ill load it up and see if I can't get you a screenshot and my resolution is 1600x900 cant go any higher I dont believe. 

Loading ARK now ill post before I log its 11pmEST [Im third shift]

5 hours ago, sparcmx said:

Im on now and Ill load it up and see if I can't get you a screenshot and my resolution is 1600x900 cant go any higher I dont believe. 

Loading ARK now ill post before I log its 11pmEST [Im third shift]

Okay I couldnt even get the Ark Commander screen to stay up long enough to take a screenshot and whenever I hit the Fn key to PrintScreen it disappears and when I go to the taskbar and click it to open it wont.  I also reinstalled and click windowed full screen but it didnt open that way it kept my last setting which it shouldnt have not only did I uninstall I deleted the folder it left behind and did a full scan and removed all residual files it may have left over and still nothing.

Not only that - it wont close I have to go into task manager and end task to quit. ??  I have used the old version since Jan 10th without issues.  Ran and worked great just needed mods added. :(  I want to use the old version can I?

OKAY!! After uninstalling and downloading and installing AGAIN [second time tonight] I HAD TO RUN IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE wouldnt load correctly any other way and ONLY THE WINDOWED MODE will show up correctly for the 1600x900 resolution.  So windowed mode is NOW working yesterday it did not.  The overlay NOPE, its cut off the top half A great deal of the top half of the Commander Program.  I will try to take a Steam Screenshot asap!!

On 16/05/2016 at 9:13 AM, sparcmx said:

If anyone is interested in contributing to Commander, collating mod lists would save me a lot of time.
I've attached the ModActors and ModEntities template to this post, don't worry too much about the quotes "", I have a method to quickly fix this.
Private Message the files to me rather than posting to this thread, the Modlists will eventually be encrypted.

I'll credit the mod/update with your username and add you to the 'Contributors/About' dialog that I'll whip up for the next release.

ModActors.xlsx

ModEntities.xlsx

• sparcmx changed the title to Commander 1.1.2

Archived