sparcmx

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on the overlay taming and breeding calculator!!

I found an open source taming calc that hasn't been updated in a while but I should be able to get some sort of formula from it. Once I have that I can download the dev kit and extract the info for each creature.

Only issue is this code has no comments and I'm not familiar with the language... should still be able to interpret it though. 

58 minutes ago, Lewimaron said:

Update on the overlay taming and breeding calculator!!

I found an open source taming calc that hasn't been updated in a while but I should be able to get some sort of formula from it. Once I have that I can download the dev kit and extract the info for each creature.

Only issue is this code has no comments and I'm not familiar with the language... should still be able to interpret it though. 

what is it?

Hi there! I just love this app but for some reason, mine seems to be broken.  For several weeks when I click on an item, I don't get that item, I get a different item. I am able to spawn in dinos just fine, it only seems to be the items that is broken.  When I bring up the app, it says it is up to date so I am hoping that someone might be able to help me figure out how to fix it so it does not give the wrong items any more.  Thanks so much for all you are doing to make ARK more fun! :D

3 hours ago, StephaniRabbitheart said:

Ark Commander is not working correctly for me either. The item# is not corresponding with the correct item.
For example, when I press tab and then choose a cloth clothing item from commander I get random pieces of hide armor. 
There is definitely something wrong with it.   

I was unable to reproduce the issue,
Can you switch the mode to 'clipboard', double-click an item that's misbehaving and let me know what comes up in the Commander console?

One of the version changes altered the name of the executable, if you look where you installed Commander make sure there's no duplicate filenames.
I'll add some cleanup code to the installer to address this in future.

On 5/20/2016 at 7:27 PM, Jen said:

Dearest sparcmx, any chance we could get a teleport map for The Center? :)

Dearest Jen, any chance with you guys working with Center now, that the in game hand held map could be fixed? It cuts off a decent amount of map to the West, and that may make a teleport map difficult to implement. :)

ALso, the author of ACM has an experimental tracking feature, where it tracks Dinos, players, etc... but only for the Island. I think he said for other maps he needs specific info, (I really wanna try it out but I'm not on the Island,playing on the Center). I mean, an ability for an admin to find lost dinos because somehow he can track their every movement? That sounds awesome! Also could be implemented to watch where action is happening in things like SoTF :D

5 hours ago, sparcmx said:

I was unable to reproduce the issue,
Can you switch the mode to 'clipboard', double-click an item that's misbehaving and let me know what comes up in the Commander console?

One of the version changes altered the name of the executable, if you look where you installed Commander make sure there's no duplicate filenames.
I'll add some cleanup code to the installer to address this in future.

I will absolutely do that for you. No problem. Its late now I am off to bed so I can go to work in the morning but I will post here as soon as I can with the findings. It will probably take me a bit. I work till 5pm mst. I will work on it when I get home though. Thank you so much.

24 minutes ago, StephaniRabbitheart said:

I am so sorry I can't figure out how to edit my post. I don't seem to have the option to do that. Sorry to post double.

Is there a way to use ARK Commander with Primitive Plus?

Primitive+ blueprints are listed in the 'Mod Items' tab.
If you only want to see Primitive+ items, use the Mod exclusion filter and tick Primitive+.

We are not able to use the app when we are in Primitive Plus.  Or maybe that is not what is causing our problem?   We click on an item and it does not give us the correct item.  

It is not that we want the Primitive Plus items, we want the normal items like the hide armor and stone walls.  None of the listed items give us what they say they are.  If we click on the campfire we get a blood extraction syringe. 

I thought we had figured this out but maybe we didn't. lol   I have completely deleted all my Ark Commander files and reinstalled again but the problem persists.  I sure hope someone might have an answer as to why this is happening to both of us.  

4 hours ago, Zadira said:

We are not able to use the app when we are in Primitive Plus.  Or maybe that is not what is causing our problem?   We click on an item and it does not give us the correct item.  

It is not that we want the Primitive Plus items, we want the normal items like the hide armor and stone walls.  None of the listed items give us what they say they are.  If we click on the campfire we get a blood extraction syringe. 

I thought we had figured this out but maybe we didn't. lol   I have completely deleted all my Ark Commander files and reinstalled again but the problem persists.  I sure hope someone might have an answer as to why this is happening to both of us.  

The only other thing I can think of is to test Commander on a vanilla Ark server or singleplayer.  It's possible Primitive+ or another mod may not be stacking correctly.

:Torpor:
Commander Updated 1.0.3.01
https://goo.gl/SH2TNd

:Stamina:

New Mods Added
Ark Fog Remover

Homing Pigeon    
Industrial Grinder    
Offline Raid Protection    
Big Raft    
RAWR Beacons    
Reusable Grappling Hook    
Small Dragons    
The Middle Ages    
Extra ARK: Doors    
Sevens Tranq Kit

Mods Updated
ARK Steampunk Mod

ARK Advance 9.1.1    
Annunaki Genesis 3.9.5    
Advanced Architecture       
Build Time       
Stairs Mod with Rounded Walls 4.2    
Aku Shima  

hmmmmm...

The mod actors list doesn't seem to be working in the new version. All the items are there but its not copying anything to the clipboard or showing anything in the console when I click on them.

Also for some reason after I closed it it kept running in the background. It showed up in task manager and wouldn't let me re-open it. I cant seem to reproduce that one so maybe it was just a windows thing.

8 minutes ago, Lewimaron said:

hmmmmm...

The mod actors list doesn't seem to be working in the new version. All the items are there but its not copying anything to the clipboard or showing anything in the console when I click on them.

Also for some reason after I closed it it kept running in the background. It showed up in task manager and wouldn't let me re-open it. I cant seem to reproduce that one so maybe it was just a windows thing.

See if the windowed version does the same, might be a setting in config.
Is the 'Environment' setting on 'ARK: SE'?
It could also be the console key binding, does the Ark console appear when you open Commander?

• sparcmx changed the title to Commander 1.1.2

Archived