sparcmx

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Twonk said:

Yes i am double clicking either left for single or right for stacked. The command pops up in the Commander program, but doesnt transfer over to ark.

I am on windows 10 btw, fully updated. UAC is also disabled and has been from day 1 of windows 7. (Hate UAC)

Im going to try uninstalling and trying out the portable version you linked above.. I'll let you know if that works or not. Thanks for getting back to me.

In an hour or so I'm releasing an interim update that does away with SendKeys entirely, the replacement is (blink and you'll miss it) FAST and reliable.
A few bugfixes, extra buttons and a teleport map selector.

Watch this space!

6 hours ago, Lewimaron said:

Looks like the latest patch isn't working for me on inputsim mode.

SendKeys was working ok for you?
It's difficult to develop a shoe that fits all but I'm determined to make this work for everyone.
A few of questions for you if you dont mind, what version of Windows are you running (7,8,10, 32 or 64bit?), running fullscreen or windowed?  Have you re-set the options after installing the new Commander?
We'll get to the bottom of this mystery eventually (scratches head).

The older version with SendKeys should still be in your "Program Files" under the folder name ARK CommanderMX.

18 hours ago, Lewimaron said:

I fixed it, running as administrator helped. but I'm running windows 10 64bit with ark in orderless windowed mode, and I haven't reset options.

So i ended up fixing my issue as well with running as Admin.. It never acured to me since i had UAC off to run it with higher elevations... I'll update to the next release to tryout the new system you put in... Thanks Sparcmx.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.12.2015 at 0:32 PM, sparcmx said:

I have also decided to create a mod to extend RCON capabilities beyond what's currently available.  Server admins will no longer need a client running to give other players items, teleport, spawn etc.  (well, that's the theory anyway).  Wish me luck.

I am curious how you will do this until its not supported from the game. But this would make the software legendary. I wish good luck for that. Its heavily demanded by many admins.

On 09/01/2016 at 1:52 PM, fragment0ffaith said:

Awesome tool! Do you think there would be any way to integrate saved locations on the map? Like say I wanted to teleport somewhere on Carnivore Island, I could say 'bookmark' said location by lat/lon so that it marked it on the Ark Commander map?

Great idea, I've added this to my todo

On 15/01/2016 at 3:56 AM, Tom said:

I am curious how you will do this until its not supported from the game. But this would make the software legendary. I wish good luck for that. Its heavily demanded by many admins.

Your 100% right, it's not supported so I've started to port ARK Commander to a blueprint.  At this stage I have all the entities spawning from a menu you activate with a hotkey, it's a tedious process as I'm not too familiar with Blueprint wiring but its quite fascinating at the same time.

Main thing here is, it works!

It is my intention to extend RCON support once the developers allow it.

Hoping to release the next update tomorrow night AEST.  Teleport bookmarking is working and two new maps are available for use, I had to test and calibrate each map due to size differences, took longer than expected (fiddly).  It's about 95% accurate but then again the in-game pin in the map isn't too accurate either, serves it's purpose.
All new entities have been added and a built-in updater will keep the database up to date automatically, saves me having to compile a new release just to add items.
I'm also testing Commander with the DevKit window this will become available in the update after the next :)

MapBookmarkPreview.jpg.4a43cc982cc231023
  Confusing?  It'll all make sense once you use it :D

10 minutes ago, Lewimaron said:

Did you get a chance to look at the spawnactorspread command? or is that going to have to wait for the next patch.

I did, it's a toggle button on the "Give Items" tab that temporarily changes the default "double-click" command from "GiveItem" to "SpawnActorSpread".
I hadn't actually tried this command until you mentioned it, it's kind of like a package drop, very handy :ph34r:

1 minute ago, sparcmx said:

I did, it's a toggle button on the "Give Items" tab that temporarily changes the default "double-click" command from "GiveItem" to "SpawnActorSpread".
I hadn't actually tried this command until you mentioned it, it's kind of like a package drop, very handy :ph34r:

I was thinking more for using it to spawn dinos. Very helpful for server battle events and such.

• sparcmx changed the title to Commander 1.1.2

Archived