sparcmx

Some feedback for the latest version: 1.0.6;

When Commander is minimized, crop.jpgThis much is still on the screen at all times. It never completely retreats when the overlay is closed. When the overlay is maximized, everything is good.

Here are some stats that might be relevant. Windows 7, 1920 x 1080 resolution, Windowed overlay mode. Previous version uninstalled.

Also, when I shut it down, the UI goes away, but still shows Ark Commander 1.0.6.exe running in the task manager Processes tab, and shows HeadsUp Quickshot, HeadsUp Tame, and HeadsUpDisplay running in the Applications tab, which leaves some opaque boxes remaining at the upper left edge of the screen, until I manually shut those down.

Otherwise, another awesome version, so far. Thanks Sparc and Team! You guys and girls ROCK! 

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Asymmetric said:

Some feedback for the latest version: 1.0.6;

When Commander is minimized, crop.jpgThis much is still on the screen at all times. It never completely retreats when the overlay is closed. When the overlay is maximized, everything is good.

Here are some stats that might be relevant. Windows 7, 1920 x 1080 resolution, Windowed overlay mode. Previous version uninstalled.

Also, when I shut it down, the UI goes away, but still shows Ark Commander 1.0.6.exe running in the task manager Processes tab, and shows HeadsUp Quickshot, HeadsUp Tame, and HeadsUpDisplay running in the Applications tab, which leaves some opaque boxes remaining at the upper left edge of the screen, until I manually shut those down.

Otherwise, another awesome version, so far. Thanks Sparc and Team! You guys and girls ROCK! 

Not too sure whats happening with the rollback, do you have a second monitor?

With regards to Commander not exiting, I'm aware of a bug where closing Commander via the taskbar won't exit.  The red X on Commander will exit the app correctly, I'll have this issue resolved shortly.

2 hours ago, sparcmx said:

Not too sure whats happening with the rollback, do you have a second monitor?

With regards to Commander not exiting, I'm aware of a bug where closing Commander via the taskbar won't exit.  The red X on Commander will exit the app correctly, I'll have this issue resolved shortly.

No second monitor in use.

It does shut down properly with Commander's red x.

Thanks

how about fixing some issues with multi monitor setups? holy crap I almost removed this *BEEP* Before I got to try it, also, how the *BEEP* do I remove the crap heads up display( quickshot) and that crap tame alert thingy? they are both messing with my 4:th monitor

PS! sorry for the BEEPs ...in bit of an angry state at the time of writing this :P

14 hours ago, Moretic said:

how about fixing some issues with multi monitor setups? holy crap I almost removed this *BEEP* Before I got to try it, also, how the *BEEP* do I remove the crap heads up display( quickshot) and that crap tame alert thingy? they are both messing with my 4:th monitor

PS! sorry for the BEEPs ...in bit of an angry state at the time of writing this :P

Understandable :)  Writing Commander can be *BEEP* sometimes too, I have thought about multi monitor setups quite a bit and have made a note to add the option to remove the *BEEPING* slide animation, in other words, those *BEEPING* windows will be gone :P

I'm guessing your 4th monitor is up top, relax I got ya.

4 hours ago, Kiarushka said:

Hello SparcMX, the Ark commander works great on almost all aspects.

Maybe I might have installed this weird or something happened but the acTame tab does not show up any dinos for me at all. Also this error pops up wherever I click on this tab.

Not too sure whats happened there, it looks like the library has not loaded.  Your version is also 1.0.6, may I suggest grabbing 1.0.61 and removing the ARKCommanderDataMX folder in "My Documents".  Run Commander and it will replace the data folder.

11 hours ago, sparcmx said:

Understandable :)  Writing Commander can be *BEEP* sometimes too, I have thought about multi monitor setups quite a bit and have made a note to add the option to remove the *BEEPING* slide animation, in other words, those *BEEPING* windows will be gone :P

I'm guessing your 4th monitor is up top, relax I got ya.

you are correct... 

Monitor setup:
2 1 3

I had several issues when first starting the app, when making app setting changes it moved to another monitor and sometimes spanned several monitors, in addition fullscreen mode at times spanned all monitors :P

12 hours ago, Moretic said:

you are correct... 

Monitor setup:
2 1 3

I had several issues when first starting the app, when making app setting changes it moved to another monitor and sometimes spanned several monitors, in addition fullscreen mode at times spanned all monitors :P

I've researched this a little more and found the solution to be quite simple.  So I'll have some sort of config system in place where you can select which monitor Commander will pin to.  And the heads up will vanish with visible=false rather than moving the window offscreen.

I just pictured the Tame Alert animation burning a hole into your eye, sorry about that :)  Come to think of it, the HUD is technically another form, Windows 10 Task manager will let you pick off just the HUD forms, Commander wont care because it doesn't sync with them, rather the other way around.

13 hours ago, Tamaster said:

Hi!

First of all love this program, my server and its admin will swapping from ACM to this in the coming weeks!

I did however have a question, is there anyway to request or help make a map addition? The workshop is full of amazing maps and having them in the teleport menu would be incredible.

Sure, I only need an image of the map at 640 x 640, strangely, I found finding these images quite difficult.  A lot of map makers didnt seem to create one for some reason.
I'll work out the correct offsets to calibrate the map and add it to Commander :) 

Thanks for the update, the saved functions saves me loads of time :)

Feature Request:

Is there a technical reason why the standard blueprints are accessible through the excel sheet but the mods file is decrpyted? For mods that aren't in your mod supported list i have to add them to the entities.xlsx file, make it read only so an update doesn't over write it. When I see an update and it fails (as the file is read only), then I back up the file, remove read only and then update and copy all my stuff back in again. It would be nice if we could use mods in a xl file and adjust it ourselves.

Or maybe add a feature whereby if a modder creates a mod, they can add a custommod.xml file to the devkit before publishing, so when a user subscribes to the mod on steam, it will also download this file that is packaged with the mod. You can then in the InitializeComponent(); routine scan through the mods folder and load the custommod.xml file for every mod into Ark Commander, there by only showing blueprints that the user actually has?

Ok, I've figured out why the rollback stops early. I have the text size in Windows set at 125% because I'm old and don't see well.  I'm not willing to lower the text size just for this one program, so unless there is a way to scale the physical size of the Commander UI down, I guess i'll have to continue using the older version. Thanks. At least I know why now.

On 31/10/2016 at 5:46 PM, mfMakka said:

Is there any way to stop the program from taking over the Function keys? I want to use this mod with ACM, but it messes with that, and disabling the F-buttons from the menu didn't seem to fix this issue.

You can disable the F-Key mapping in the Config window, it will unbind and release those keys back to Windows.

On 30/10/2016 at 2:30 AM, Asymmetric said:

Ok, I've figured out why the rollback stops early. I have the text size in Windows set at 125% because I'm old and don't see well.  I'm not willing to lower the text size just for this one program, so unless there is a way to scale the physical size of the Commander UI down, I guess i'll have to continue using the older version. Thanks. At least I know why now.

I'm still working on DPI scaling which will fix this issue, it will take a little time as every control needs to have a parameter changed.

On 29/10/2016 at 1:04 AM, Snowball said:

Thanks for the update, the saved functions saves me loads of time :)

Feature Request:

Is there a technical reason why the standard blueprints are accessible through the excel sheet but the mods file is decrpyted? For mods that aren't in your mod supported list i have to add them to the entities.xlsx file, make it read only so an update doesn't over write it. When I see an update and it fails (as the file is read only), then I back up the file, remove read only and then update and copy all my stuff back in again. It would be nice if we could use mods in a xl file and adjust it ourselves.

Or maybe add a feature whereby if a modder creates a mod, they can add a custommod.xml file to the devkit before publishing, so when a user subscribes to the mod on steam, it will also download this file that is packaged with the mod. You can then in the InitializeComponent(); routine scan through the mods folder and load the custommod.xml file for every mod into Ark Commander, there by only showing blueprints that the user actually has?

The Mod table contains over 5000 lines that has taken quite some time to build, I guess you can say I didnt want the competition to benefit from our hard work.
Some may call this a little selfish, same for not releasing the source code.  The fact is, Commander is my side project or hobby so to speak, I have a timeline of features to implement and a team to direct, having many forks of Commander would be counter productive to my end goal.  As text is emotionless I should express I mean this in the most polite way :)  When I'm done with Commander I will release the source and hopefully someone will learn something new.

Your next two points are currently in the pipeline.  Hive will allow the community to create modlists and share them with Commander and other people, it will also track your Mods folder in Ark and present you with premade lists that match what's installed.  Or just roll your own :)  You can create a crew/group and publish as a team release and the community can upvote the lists validity.  Out of date lists would naturally fall off due to negative votes (if a creator updates their dropped list, votes are reset and the modlist is returned to circulation).

Hive will also manage mod installations on the client and server, scheduled or manually pushed.  This also means autonomy for mod mismatches, a bot will make announcements, transfer the files via ftp while the server is running, once complete it will switch the folders/files and restart the server.  Downtime is minimal.

Players who stay away from Mod subscriptions and use Hive instead will never have mod mismatch issues again.  Admins can create communities on Hive, players who join that community will automatically get the mods associated with the community server, the server admin is responsible for pushing mod updates via Hive, all members in that community will receive the mod update as well as the server.  This does not stop players from subscribing in Steam but doing so will introduce inconsistancies ie. Mod Mismatch..

The actual Mod itself will always be in the workshop, steamCMD will retreive the goods for Hive.

Bit of a read but hey, theres a lot going on and some cool things coming out :D 

The image below is what I've been using to update the modlists, its real, it works and its coming :P 

eIeRIyd.png

Old picture by the way.

On 07/11/2016 at 8:45 AM, USATwitch said:

@sparcmxI love this tool and I use it on a daily basis whenever I play ARK. Keep up the great work.

I downloaded a recent update and I been having this issue since.

Basically I can't spawn any items in-game and I get this error message instead. 

Does this happen on Overlay Mode aswell?

Just now, USATwitch said:

Yes, same error.

Go into your "My Documents" folder then into "Ark CommanderMX Data" folder and remove Entities.xlsx and DinoEntities.xlsx, this will force Commander to replace them with internal base libraries.  The only problem is you will lose any new items from updates since 1.0.61.  I am however preparing a library update for Ark v250 adding the 2 new trophies, once this is pushed your database should update to the latest.

Version 1.0.65 has a utility to clear out the library and request a most recent copy.  I plan to release this coming weekend.

Just now, sparcmx said:

Go into your "My Documents" folder then into "Ark CommanderMX Data" folder and remove Entities.xlsx and DinoEntities.xlsx, this will force Commander to replace them with internal base libraries.  The only problem is you will lose any new items from updates since 1.0.61.  I am however preparing a library update for Ark v250 adding the 2 new trophies, once this is pushed your database should update to the latest.

Version 1.0.65 has a utility to clear out the library and request a most recent copy.  I plan to release this coming weekend.

Thanks will do

• sparcmx changed the title to Commander 1.1.2

Archived