sparcmx

Just a few little issues with the beta.

-Could you make the painter window slightly bigger so we don't have scroll to see the edges?

-The Items table hasn't been updated (I assume this is intentional because of the upcoming changes)

-Also, could you enable clicking on a dossier in the taming calc to make it pop out bigger? The text is too small.

-What happened to showing dossiers of unreleased/untameable stuff?

-Every dino currently in the taming cals is listed as rideable even if its not.

That's about it though, everything else looks really good

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Lewimaron said:

Just a few little issues with the beta.

-Could you make the painter window slightly bigger so we don't have scroll to see the edges?
  Can do, haven't looked at that window in some time.  Will clean it up

-The Items table hasn't been updated (I assume this is intentional because of the upcoming changes)
  Working on a new list to replace this one (using Hive Manager)

-Also, could you enable clicking on a dossier in the taming calc to make it pop out bigger? The text is too small.
  Still playing with this one.  I may use a mouse-hover/zoom/glide effect for this, space is premium.

-What happened to showing dossiers of unreleased/untameable stuff?
  This will be a toggle setting

-Every dino currently in the taming cals is listed as rideable even if its not.
  Another minor thing to fix  

That's about it though, everything else looks really good

The timers will have a Torpor counter as well as the overall tame time, it will tell you when to give Narco every x seconds/minutes.
I'm implementing double-click of food items and narco icons to stock up your inventory with whats needed.

1 minute ago, Lewimaron said:

Are they going in with the rest of the vanilla stuff or are they going to have their own categories?

Until I alter the code a bit on the Vanilla side, I've prefixed the entities with DLC-SE so people can filter easily.  The Dinos have a blank header, this is because I didn't design Commander to have DLCs within the Vanilla database, who would have thought... 

7 minutes ago, sparcmx said:

Until I alter the code a bit on the Vanilla side, I've prefixed the entities with DLC-SE so people can filter easily.  The Dinos have a blank header, this is because I didn't design Commander to have DLCs within the Vanilla database, who would have thought... 

Sounds good

*edit* I also now have an active server if you still need one for testing

2 hours ago, Lewimaron said:

I'm seeing a lot of missing/incorrect items in the vanilla items section. Shall I hold off with them till the betas done?

I thought we had them sorted out, hmm.  I've attached the master I keep aside, may I request your keen eye to peruse over this beast :ph34r:
Steam forum has been pinned now so I'm guessing a little more attention is coming our way.
I have the missing Scorched Earth codes, Jeremy kindly supplied a couple of typos and thought he'd run off with the Wyvern eggs, I'm guessing he's either channeling his inner Khaleesi or getting a new cosplay ready (kinda the same thing isn't it?)

@Jen Don't tell Jeremy I said that 

Entities.xlsx

It seems the scorched earth codes are not in the sheet you attached. I can however say that looking through it in commander I can tell whats gone wrong...

The items have been listed under names based on the codes themselves rather than what they are called in game.

eg: Deathworm Horn is listed as Keratin Spike

I can get a list together but I'm about to go out for a birthday dinner so that'll have to be later.

18 hours ago, Lewimaron said:

It seems the scorched earth codes are not in the sheet you attached. I can however say that looking through it in commander I can tell whats gone wrong...
The items have been listed under names based on the codes themselves rather than what they are called in game.
eg: Deathworm Horn is listed as Keratin Spike
I can get a list together but I'm about to go out for a birthday dinner so that'll have to be later.

Hold that thought, I have a solution 

1 hour ago, Cerri said:

So, I install it and then try it on my server. Nothing happend, and there is not a single guide on how to makes this work....

I am sorry, but the first thing u do when u make a program is a "how to install and make it run" guide.

Maybe if you described the problem rather than complaining someone might be able to help?

17 hours ago, Cerri said:

So, I install it and then try it on my server. Nothing happend, and there is not a single guide on how to makes this work....

I am sorry, but the first thing u do when u make a program is a "how to install and make it run" guide.

Although i don't agree with the tone of this post, I agree with the sentiment. It would be really nice to see some documentation on how to use the various features in this tool, like how to assign hotkeys, and how the hotkey system actually works, etc.

50 minutes ago, Armitige said:

Although i don't agree with the tone of this post, I agree with the sentiment. It would be really nice to see some documentation on how to use the various features in this tool, like how to assign hotkeys, and how the hotkey system actually works, etc.

It's coming guys, I find coding easy, documentation not so much.  I do try to make the software as intuitive as possible but sometimes the positioning of Commander stumps people.  To get a better idea of what Commander is doing try to imagine opening the console (in-game) cut / pasting a blueprint code to spawn whatever, Commander basically types this in for you.

Here's some food for thought;   (until I get the documentation sorted out)

- Ark must be running in "Fullscreen-Windowed" mode or "Windowed", currently Fullscreen does not work (DirectX conflict)

- Make sure Commanders communication mode is set to "InputSIM"  (found in 'Config' window)

- Run Commander before Ark

- Go into 'Config' and set your Admin Password for your local server or online server, leave blank for Single Player

- Before you do anything once your in-game, Click "Enable Cheats", then "Infinite Stats" and finally "God Mode"
   If Commander is talking to Ark, you will see the console appear when Commander drops down (Overlay Mode)
   If your using Commander in windowed mode, you need to raise the Ark console first, then select your item from Commander (important!)

- Double Left-Click gives 1 item, Double Right-Click gives set Qty (capped by stack size)

- Quality generation is random but can be narrowed down by the quality buttons and slider

- Dragging entities over a Quickshot F-Key binds that item, quantity and quality to F1, F2 etc..
   Hitting those Function keys while Commander is hidden will place the items into a slot of the same number.
   It will override the current contents of the slot, I use these a lot personally.
   You can disable the Quickshot F-Keys in 'Config'

- Custom commands can also be bound to keyboard shortcuts and fired by holding CTRL + Key.
   (you don't need to hold CTRL when initially binding the key

- The Custom Filter button beneath the Mod items filters out Mods you don't want displayed (don't forget to click Save)

- RCON is not fully implemented yet.

- The Taming calculator is still in beta, play with it, break it, let me know  

- Teleport system should be self explanatory

- More Coffee

If you need specific help, just shout out.  Myself and plenty of others here are more than happy to lend a hand.  
Rather than write copious manuals, I'm considering a youtube video unless someone beats me to it.
If it's good and explains everything clearly, there's a Scorched Earth key in it for that person 
   Yep, not a fan of writing manuals..  I once did it for a living for 3 and a half years, no thanks.

Been checking the Scorched Earth Dinos list and there's some issues here to.

-The Spiney Lizard should be listed as the Thorny Dragon as this is what it is ingame

-Currently the fire wyvern is listed as just wyvern instead of Wyvern (Fire)

-Maybe rename the Camelsaurus to Morellatops as it is ingame?

-There is a code for a base Jugbug here  "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Jugbug/JugBug_Character_BaseBP.JugBug_Character_BaseBP'"

-There is also a code for a base wyvern  "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Wyvern/Wyvern_Character_BP_Base.Wyvern_Character_BP_Base'"

-The Rubble Golem is missing  "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/RockGolem/RubbleGolem_Character_BP.RubbleGolem_Character_BP'"

-The Alpha Deathworm is missing  "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Deathworm/MegaDeathworm_Character_BP.MegaDeathworm_Character_BP'"

-And finally the Alpha Fire Wyvern  "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Wyvern/MegaWyvern_Character_BP_Fire.MegaWyvern_Character_BP_Fire'"

Also, I know the plan was to separate Scorched Earth stuff from base game stuff but since you can spawn that stuff without the DLC  personally don't think it makes much sense to separate them. Up to you though.

Also any ETA on those few Base Game items from the last 2 patches? No rush just would be good to get back up to date before the next one this friday. 

5 hours ago, Lothior said:

This used to have a horizontal scrollbar on my laptop (resolution of 1366x768) but it doesn't have one anymore. Is there a way to get that back? Or have it dynamically scale or resize to better fit the PC's resolution? I really like the new features so far btw. 

The next stable release will allow you to snap Commander to the left, right or top of the screen with an option to pin.  Currently the Windowed mode has its own codebase and that doubles my workload, I'm changing things so I only have 1 main gui to worry about.  Also playing with font reduction which shrinks the layout controls, squishing more into a small space  

• sparcmx changed the title to Commander 1.1.2

Archived