Industrial Grinder Is a Joke

MikeLoeven

44 minutes ago, nscheffel said:

Yes, but people had to whine before it got changed.

You really think they would have left a system in the game that keeps you from playing the game that you payed for? Whining is not necessary, Intelligently asking for something to be changed because you feel it is unbalanced is another thing. Also immediately getting mad and spreading obscenities doesn't help an opinion just gets it ignored. We can be a better community than this

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UDGxKnight said:

You really think they would have left a system in the game that keeps you from playing the game that you payed for? Whining is not necessary, Intelligently asking for something to be changed because you feel it is unbalanced is another thing. Also immediately getting mad and spreading obscenities doesn't help an opinion just gets it ignored. We can be a better community than this

Someone who gets it. Spock never cried to get his logic across.

51 minutes ago, nscheffel said:

I saw a lot of intelligent posts about how broken handcuffs were (cages were never really broken) called "whining" by the folks who enjoyed abusing the mechanic. In fact, I saw many people defend the brokenness as necessary to combat griefers, despite the fact that handcuffs made those very people the biggest griefers in the game.

And no, I wouldn't put it past the devs to leave a broken mechanic in the game if the players didn't complain loudly. After all, they are the same devs who created the broken mechanics behind the handcuffs and swamp fever in the first place. They thought it was a great idea when they released it, or they wouldn't have released it. Any serious player could have foreseen the issues with those mechanics (and many did predict the issues as soon as they saw the patch notes), yet the devs thought they were good to go.

Nowhere did I say that there wasn't intelligent conversation about anything about this game, its just sad that it is almost impossible to find behind the whining everywhere. Have to read over 100 comments to find a couple who actually have something to say. I personally defended handcuffs, but I also thought there should be a way to eventually get out. You sir have little faith in humanity, as do I but at least I have it placed in the right places. You claim that "serious players" would know that these things would be unbalanced, but at the same time a "serious player" would realize this is an incomplete game that is still in the Alpha/Beta stages of adding content before polishing and still has a long ways to go before polishing is their main concern. The only reason we get any polish is because they decided to let people buy and play the game early so they can't just leave the game completely unplayable, but that is all they have to do and you have to deal with it cuz you basically signed a "contract" in buying the game with the knowledge of it being incomplete and reading the warning when you turn the game on that reminds you it is incomplete and things may break. "Serious players" need to get their heads out of their butts and start acting like what they claim to be. It is sad to see a community where everyone lacks enough common sense to realize the dumb things they say before they say them and stop themselves from stating things that have to have the same answers repeated over and over, with emphasis on the INCOMPLETE game thing.

I have to agree the cap is very needed, I'm part of an alpha tribe on Xbox and when I heard of the grinder giving 1/4th mats back I loaded up several chests with journey+ saddles and weapons, and started waiting patiently for the update so I could grind down all those items for hundreds of thousands resources, then I heard the cap so they are no longer grinder feed, but yes it would have been completely broken to just get 1/4th mats back.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The grinder just isn't for what you think it is. Grin up all those primitive tools and saddles that you might normally dump on a farming run and you'll get plenty of return on something you were rarely if ever going to get any use out of. Makes these junk items have some value to any decently progressed tribe. 1/4 return without any cap would be too much.

On 9/24/2016 at 7:22 AM, Ubern00ber88 said:

GRIND ALL THE SCOPES AND FLASHLIGHT ATTACHMENTS!

Serious note I just use it grind up garbage I get from drop runs for mats I can use. Its initial cost is steep for sure yet it's a long term investment in my book.

Grinders are a good source of Metal Ingots when you reside in a metal-poor area, correct?

• 2 weeks later...

All of these posts, and only two guys seem to know how useful it is. I haven't stuck the first saddle in it. But the grinder was solely responsible for leveling our 205 tamed quetz to 235 in less than an hour. After the first metal run with it. Fill it with rocks. Turn the rocks into flint. Turn the flint into sparkpowder. Have a tribemate sit on the dino you want to level up. Same exact concept as the chem bench. Surely someone else has seen this? Ascendant mosa saddle into the grinder indeed. If you have so many boxes of stuff you don't need, chuck it out.  Before the people from Hoarders come around. Or trade it. At least it won't be taking up space. We have two. It is free xp. And a lot of it.

• 4 months later...

I love the grinder, I just wish the ratios of flint and stone were reversed.

It would make more sense that a stone (1 weight) be ground into two flint (1 weight) them halved. Giving you a 1 for one.

Getting flint is such a chore. The ank is the only flint getter and it gets stone better and metal best.

Seems a little backwards to me.

While it may not be good for necessarily providing resources I have found that having two in my base is very beneficial. If you grind an inventory full of wood using an argy and a beaver you can put all the wood in the grinder and grind 9600 exp without any exp boosters. This is insane because not only do you get the exp but your whole tribe in the general vicinity also gets it, and if they are sitting on the  mount it can be given to the creature instead of tribe mates.

1 hour ago, Fuzzymonkie said:

While it may not be good for necessarily providing resources I have found that having two in my base is very beneficial. If you grind an inventory full of wood using an argy and a beaver you can put all the wood in the grinder and grind 9600 exp without any exp boosters. This is insane because not only do you get the exp but your whole tribe in the general vicinity also gets it, and if they are sitting on the  mount it can be given to the creature instead of tribe mates.

Is this true? If so it seems to be the best source of xp for high leveling.

Umm,  no? Last time I checked flint plus stone in a chem bench makes sparkpowder. And you get a good bit of both when anky mining. Far more stone than needed. So you grind excess stone into flint and xp. Not sure what you mean. Are you playing primitive? Is there no gunpowder or sparkpowder on primitive? 

We just levelled a guy from 4 to 68 with nothing but the grinder in about an hour. With three broth of enlightenment.  It is definitely an excellent way to level people and new dinos. 

New use for grinder now. We have actually been grinding up loot from storage. We used to put it on noob island in unlocked boxes in a cathedral structure with an open door.

But trolls decided to smash a lot of stuff and break unlocked boxes. So no more free stuff for noobs. Now we just grind into extra mats.

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, ranger1presents said:

Well, I wouldn't call turning useless loot you'll never use into materials you will use as useless.  I think most folks failed to understand just how easily large tribes could abuse the grinder if it didn't have a cap.

Pretty much what I use it for.. Anything I don't wanna keep I toss in there... Actually adds up quite nicely after having it for a while.

Less waste etc.

Archived