Primitive + Engram changes

Vysion

Have private server with the official Primitive + game mode going.  Previously, I was able to edit engram entries in the game.ini. It seems that the primitive + mode writes its engram entries into the gameusersettings.ini each time you start the game (thus preventing you from editing them)  I want to change levels that certain things are available, maybe even hide certain engrams.  I cannot for the life of me get it to not overwrite my changes.  I edit the gameusersettings where the new engrams are, save it and it rewrites it (doesnt rewrite anything else in the ini.. just the engram stuff).  Ive also tried copy/pasting the engram entries into the game.ini but it seems to default to the gameusersettings.  Has anyone found a work around or way that it will let you modify the engram entries on primitive plus?

I've never found a workaround on our tribe server yet for this.  I think this is also why mods REALLY dont work with primtive+, as it rewrites half your config each time it loads it seems.

This might be a question worth tweeting at the ark devs or something on, perhaps in the future it will change or we will get told a way to alter this specific stuff.

Archived