Transporting babies

madfretter

7 minutes ago, madfretter said:

It's not the weight that is why I'm wondering, its the platform ability. Adult paracers are restricted from quetz travel because they can be equipped with a platform saddle. I'm hoping that since the baby can't have a saddle it can be moved.

You can carry baby spinos and rexes with quetz so I would assume so

4 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

I doubt it.

Can't carry giga babies, as far as I know. 

I think the game treats babies as adults when it comes to being carried

False. You can't carry giga babies but every other (I would assume except bronto)

Edit : you can also force baby quetz to fly , and fly it back to wherever. Which is neat because it stays airborne the whole raise

23 minutes ago, madfretter said:

I've carried spinos and rex as well, they they are not platform equipable animals. I'm thinking I won't be able to pick it up, was just hoping someone here tried it and succeeded.

All you can do is try I guess ! I didn't even think about the platform animal issue. I know they probably won't go on the back of quetz, but if they can be carried let me know  

Worst case Ontario you just walk then with a convoy of gigas

35 minutes ago, madfretter said:

I might go that route, it's from the red ob to green on the coast, pretty safe. I was debatiing building a 2 high stone box without a roof on my quetz and walking them into it. fingers corssed they don't glitch...lol

Yeah , I don't know if they'll even get on the platform but good luck  let us know !

Just now, FeyGriffin said:

Oh, and you can carry Bronto babies with an argie - didn't expect to be able to, but no problem :-)

I just had occasion to carry a baby bronto when it was real close to being a juvenile.  I used a quetz and halfway through the trip it turned juvenile.  Quetz didn't drop it, but when I thought a little later to see if the quetz could pick up a juve, it was obviously too big.  It looked too big at that point, but I thiught it worth the attempt.  I'd hope there is some maturation percentage at work here. I've picked up some pretty hefty size juve rexes with a quetz, but they top out way smaller than a bronto.

Archived